• Published 25th Feb 2014
  • 439 Views, 22 Comments

Equestria Under Siege - Night_Wolf_592



Great troubles are coming to equestria, something even worse than Nightmare Moon, Discord, King Sombra and Chrysalis together.

  • ...
6
 22
 439

A tragedy...

“Hey guys, wait up!” I said while rushing to them “Don’t you remember who has the map?”

There I was, with my partners, we were supposed to get the ingredient together, but they went forward because they said they saw something interesting and they left me behind, now THAT is team work…

“Come on Rune!” said Spike “You move too slow!”

“I’m not moving slowly, you are moving too fast!” I replied.

“Darling, why don’t you use your wings?” asked Rarity “That way you can move faster.

“I never used wings before…” I answered “In my dimension, nobody had wings.”

“Oh, right” Rarity turned and faced Twilight and Spike “Maybe we should slow down a little…”

“You’re probably right” Twilight said “After all, she has the map.”

They finally slowed down a little, I was glad I could slow down a little, running with my equipment wasn’t easy, I think I should have brought lighter clothes.

“What did you see anyway?” I decided to ask.

“Oh, we saw the Manticore Eye!” Spike answered.

“Oh really?” I replied “And, where is it?”

“Over there” said Twilight while pointing to a small cage made of vines.

“How can you know that is the manticore eye?” I asked “It could be anything!”

“Well, anything is better than nothing” Spike replied “Besides, who would put a cage made of vines in the middle of the forest?”

He was kind of right, it was the only lead we had, it was a good idea to check it out.

By the moment we got closer I realized that they were right, inside the cage there was the manticore eye.

“Yes, we found it!” Rarity said, happy.

“We did, now the only problem is how to take it out.” Twilight replied while inspecting the cage “Any ideas?”

“Maybe I could burn it down?” Spike suggested.

“Oh, did you bring matches?” I asked.

“Err… no, I don’t need that.” Spike answered “I can MAKE fire.”

“Make fire?” I was confused, what did he mean with that?

“Yes, Spike here is a pyromancer” Twilight explained.

“Pyromancer?” I replied.

“Yes, he can create and control fire.” Rarity added.

“Oh, I see.” I understood what they meant “So he can control the kinetic energy of particles around him, make them move faster and by that making them burst into flames?”

“Um… yeah” Rarity looked confused, as well as the others minus Twilight.

“Anyway… I can burn them.” Spike said.

Spike asked us to get away and when we were far enough, he began, he opened his hands and made fire appear on his hand, they were green flames, something I’ve only seen in my experiments.

Spike seemed to be ready to burn the vines down, but then his flames suddenly disappeared.

“What happened?” I asked “Why did you stop?”

Spike turned around, he was exhausted.

“Oh no, not again!” Twilight and Rarity said almost simultaneously.

“Oh no, are you ok Spikey-Wikey?” Rarity said.

Spikey-Wikey? I almost laughed at that silly nickname, but I held myself.

“What’s happened?” I repeated my question.

“Oh, this usually happens” Twilight answered “Spike is still too young and he can’t control that much fire, he overdone himself.”

Spike was very young, he looked like a 10 year old kid.

“I’m ok” Spike said, he still sounded weak “I can do it.”

The kid had guts I’ll give him that.

“No, you are NOT ok Spike” Twilight said “Don’t you remember last time you overdone yourself? You almost died!”

“Yes, and I don’t want my Spikey Wikey to die!” Rarity added.

Spike eyes turned to Rarity, I swear his face blushed the moment he saw her.

“Ok, I’ll stop for you Rarity.” Spike said.

I decided to let them check on Spike while I inspected the vines.

They were tough ones, tearing them with bare hands was not an option, but they did seem easy to burn, too bad Spike couldn’t hold it.

After inspecting them I got an idea, I could cut them with the laser I had, it was a very strong laser, invention of mine.

I got closer to the vines and I began cutting, the vines fell one by one easily and when all of them were gone, I took out a pair of gloves, took the eye and I placed it on a box I had with my equipment.

By the moment I got back to them Spike was getting up with the help of Twilight and Rarity.

“Hey, how’s Spike?” I asked the girls.

“Oh, he is feeling better, at least he can stand.” answered Twilight.

“I’m fine” Spike affirmed “I can burn those vines now.”

“No Spike” replied Twilight “You need to rest from using your power, you may faint, or worse”

“Yes Spikey Wikey, you need some rest” Rarity added “Leave this to us, we will just have to find a way to get that eye.”

“Oh, I already got it” I said showing them the box where the eye was held.

“What?” Twilight seemed confused by this “But, when did you get it? And how did you get it?”

“It was quite simple.” I replied “I simply used this laser,” I pulled my laser out of one of my pockets “and I took of all of the vines.”

“Good thinking.” Twilight replied.

“We should head back.” Rarity suggested “My Spikey Wikey is feeling down, he needs to rest.”

“But Spike just said that he was feeling…” Twilight’s mouth was covered by Spike’s hand.

“No, I’m not fine” He said while covering Twilight mouth “I may need someone to take care of me...”

Twilight and I exchanged glances, then we decided to follow Spike’s little game.

“Yeah, he probably needs a place where to rest” Twilight said “But he can’t rest on the library, I have a lot to do and I will make a lot of noise.”

“Yes, and I don’t have a house where he can stay” I added.

“Oh, don’t worry darling, you can stay with me.” Rarity said to Spike while holding him on her hands.

We moved on to the exit of the forest, we already lost enough time getting this eye.

“Huh, what a smart little kid, using the situation in order to get laid, I have to admit, he is a smart little fella.” I murmured to Twilight while we walked.

“Yes, he can be pretty clever on this kind of stuff…” Twilight affirmed.

We then saw the light of the exit, we passed through it and we saw it.

There they were… Pinkie Pie and Applejack punching desperately a strange darkness… Night Wolf wasn’t with them…

We rushed to them.

“What happened?” Twilight asked.

“And where is Night Wolf?” I asked, nervous.

“We were just about to get out, Night Wolf stayed behind and when we were outside, this strange thing blocked the exit and Night Wolf is trapped inside!” Pinkie Pie answered while desperately trying to break what seemed to be a force field.

“And when did this happen?” I asked.

“A couple of seconds ago.” Applejack said while still trying to break the barrier.

Night Wolf was trapped inside, we couldn’t see what was happening, nor hear anything, shortly after we came, Derpy, Vinyl and Rainbow Dash came too.

“What the hay happened?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Night Wolf was trapped inside by this barrier!” Twilight said.

“What!?” Derpy and Vinyl said, after that she rushed to the force field and tried to break it.

Everyone was trying to break the barrier between us and Night Wolf but there was no effect, it was too strong, I decided to examine it.

I touched the force field, it was made of pure energy, but it was dark energy, like shadows, I then got an idea.

I pulled out a scanner from my back pack and I scanned the force field… I got readings that made me realize how to destroy the barrier.

“Hey guys!” I yelled at the others “You won’t be able to break it!”

“We MUST break it!” affirmed Vinyl “Didn’t you listen!? Night Wolf was trapped inside!”

“It’s useless” I continued “It’s made of pure energy, brute force won’t budge it!”

“Got any better idea!?” Rainbow asked.

“Actually,” I replied “I do.”

They all stopped and turned around and stared at me.

“What is it?” Twilight asked.

“Look, this force field is made of pure dark energy, so brute force won’t help, but there is a way to make it disappear.” I explained. “You see, this force field has a frequency which makes it so strong, and that frequency is exactly the opposite frequency that a sonic boom creates.”

“Could you explain it in common language?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“What I mean is that” I continued “We need something or someone who can create a sonic boom, that will make the barrier disappear and we will be able to take Night Wolf out.”

“A sonic boom huh?” Rainbow Dash said.

“Yes, with enough time I could create a device that…” I was interrupted by Rainbow Dash who flew away from the place “H-hey! What are you doing!?”

“Don’t worry, Dashie knows what to do!” Pinkie Pie said.

Then I saw Rainbow Dash flying back at a high speed and when I least expected it, a great rainbow explosion occurred at the same time as a sonic boom was created, the explosion made the force field dissapear and I could see that there was another person with Night Wolf, Rainbow Dash punched him quickly.

The strange guy destroyed some trees with the knockback and then he disappeared on a strange dark cloud.

I rushed to Night Wolf, he was lying on a tree, his face was covered by blood and I realized that… his horn… it was gone…
“WOLF!” I screamed in terror.

I held his shoulders with my hands.

“Are you ok!?” I asked, it was obvious he wasn’t ok, he was covered by blood.

“What happened!?” Twilight asked terrified by the conditions of Night Wolf “Why is he covered in blood and… where is his horn!?”

“Uh, guys…” said Spike, his voice sounded nervous “I think I found his horn…”

He took something from the ground and brought it to us, it was Night Wolf’s horn…

“Did he… chop his horn..?” Rarity asked terrified.

“What kind of monster would do that...?” Vinyl said.

“We don’t have time to think who did it, we need to take him to the hospital and take the ingredients to Fluttershy!” I said “That’s what Night Wolf would suggest…”

“I’ll take him, I am the fastest one” Rainbow Dash said “I can get him there in 10 seconds flat!”

He lifted Night Wolf and flew at a high speed to the hospital, we followed right behind.

After a couple of minutes we finally reached the hospital, Rainbow Dash was already there and the doctors took Night Wolf to the emergency room, we moved to Fluttershy’s room and handed the ingredients.

While Zecora was making the potion to cure Fluttershy, we told her about Night Wolf, she understood and she finished the cure for Fluttershy.

Fluttershy cured almost instantly after drinking the potion, but she still looked weak so we decided not to tell her about Night Wolf just yet, we told her that he was trying to get some gifts for her.

Some hours passed and Fluttershy was finally good enough to wake up, she insisted on us telling her where Night Wolf was… when we told her the truth… she burst into tears, she wanted to see him so we asked the doctors how he was.

The doctors took us to Night Wolf’s room… he was sleeping…

“Is he going to be alright doc?” I asked.

“I’m going to be honest with you girls” The doctor said.

“Oh no, that’s never a good sign” Rainbow said.

“Look, the damage he suffered was simply too big” The doctor explained “He’s lucky to be alive.”

“Um… when is he going to wake up?” Fluttershy asked softly.

“That’s the bad thing” The doctor replied “He… he is not waking up…”

We all got shocked by his answer.

“What!?” I said “What do you mean!?”

“He will remain on an eternal coma” the doctor said “There’s nothing we can do…”

We all got shocked by this, but I could see that Fluttershy and I were the ones most affected.

I lowered my face, it was over… Night Wolf was dead… The only person I really cared about… died… and I had so much I wanted to tell him… Like… I love you…

Fluttershy burst into tears, she sat on Night Wolf’s side and she laid her face on him and cried…

“Maybe… Maybe there is a way!” Twilight said “Maybe the books have something that can cure him!”

“You’re right!” Rarity said.

“We should go and check them out” Vinyl suggested.

I couldn’t hold it, I ran away from the room and from the hospital.

I sat under a tree near the hospital and I began crying… I just couldn’t believe it… I wanted to go back in time and save him… but I couldn’t… Then I realized something… I couldn’t live without him… I just… wanted to… die…