• Published 21st Feb 2014
  • 2,643 Views, 14 Comments

Midnight Appointment - Holocron



Princess Luna has decided to go to a psychiatrist, but who can she trust with her problems?

  • ...
8
 14
 2,643

Why must WE do this?

"WE DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY WE MUST DO THIS!!!!" Princess Luna "quietly" stated in her Royal Canterlot voice to the wide eyed Twilight.

It has been several weeks after the events of last Nightmare Night, Princess Luna was keeping up with her speech therapy. But for some reason or another, Luna has been skipping lessons, talking even louder and has been expressing odd signs of some form of stress. So Princess Celestia suggested/convinced her sister to seek some "professional" help. But who could Princess Luna trust to talk about her problems?

"Well Princess." Twilight calmly tried to explain with quill and pad of paper floating in front of her. "Princess Celestia told me you've been feeling stressed and she asked me to help."

Luna rolled over to her stomach on the elongated therapy couch she was laying on. Letting out subtle groans of annoyance and inconvenienced feelings. Although she reluctantly agreed to go to a few therapy sessions, Luna felt like she was being treated like a child. ON the other hoof, Luna could agree that she has been stressed lately and couldn't figure out why.

"ALRIGHT TWILIGHT SPARKLE!!" Luna continued to speak very loudly. "LET US BEGIN OUR SESSION!"

"Okay." Twilight smiled. "But could you not use your Royal Voice, we are inside a library after all."

"HOW'S THIS?" Luna tried to lower her volume, but it failed.

"A little quieter." Twilight answered.

"HOW ABout now?" Luna asked, overcoming that speech hump.

"Better." Twilight smiled. "Now Princess Celestia says you have not been attending your speech therapy and you've been awake all day and become cranky during the night. Is that correct?"

Luna had to think it over for a few minutes. Sure she has been staying up all day every few days and over-slept during the night. And the reason she stopped the speech therapy was because she was oversleeping.

"That is correct." Luna reluctantly agreed.

"Okay." Twilight wrote a little in her pad. "Now tell me why you've been staying up late into the day."

Luna had to really think this one over, even she wasn't sure why.

"We are not too sure ourself." Luna started to contemplate and ramble. "We mean that yes we know we have a responsibility to raise and lower the Moon everyday and that despite our best efforts, nopony still appreciates OUR WORK!!!!"

Luna's eyes started to slightly glow white with anger and her horn glowed a dark blue, levitating several small objects in the room.

"I see!" Twilight wrote more notes and ducked as a lamp accidentally, almost flew too close to her head. "So you still believe that nopony still gives you the respect you deserve?"

"Even worse than that!!!" Luna shouted but way quieter than her previous attitude. "We have worked our flank off for the past several months and not only does nopony recognize out work but we fear they are forgetting who we are!"

"I'm sure that's not true Princess." Twilight tried to comfort Luna. "I'm sure the ponies know who you are, remember how much fun you had on Nightmare Night?"

"Yes we remember." Luna responded with a sad sigh. "We remember the masses running around and panicking. If it were not for your assistance, the masses may of still been as scared."

"I'm glad I could help Princess." Twilight smiled, writing more in her pad. "But are there any other days you can remember?"

"Yeas." Luna responded, reminiscing. "Remember on Hearth's Warming Eve?"

"I want to say 'Yes', but Applejack did bring strong cider." Twilight giggled.

"Well." Luna explained. "During that party that your pink friend..........Pinkie Pie we believe her name is...........invited everypony in Ponyville, she even invited our sister...........but not us!!" Luna started to tear up a bit. "Our sister sent us in her stead because she was busy and the party was at night...........it should have been perfect, but NO!!! When we arrived, everypony was disappointed, disheartened that their 'precious' Princess Celestia couldn't come to their party. Are we not good enough? Are we any less of a Princess than out own sister?!"

Twilight was making what analysis she could while allowing Luna to continue her rant, she had to let out her frustration. Luna's mind quickly wandered to an old memory to the last time she felt this way.

"Perhaps....Perhaps....." Luna thought to herself:

"NO!!!" Luna shouted in her mind. "I cannot do that........not again..."

"So because the other ponies do not treat you as respectively as they treat Princess Celestia, you feel rejected and angry?" Twilight asked.

"YES!!!!!!!!!!!" Luna shouted. "I'm sorry, but we don't know how to make our subjects appreciate us more. What do you recommend?"

Twilight thought it over for a few minutes.

"Maybe you can make your nights more enticing to the masses." Twilight suggested.

"We do not know what you mean by this..." Luna was intrigued. "Continue."

"Well." Twilight explained. "Why don't you bring in more comets, shooting stars, Milky Ways or even a few brighter constellations. Something big and shiny usually attracts attention."

"We never considered such an approach." Luna confessed, putting a plan in motion. "Do you believe it will work?"

"I know so Princess." Twilight said with a smile.

"Thank you Twilight Sparkle." Luna got off the couch, a new found smile on her muzzle. "We will try this! Thank you again!"

"My pleasure Princess." Twilight smiled.