• Published 22nd Jun 2014
  • 2,882 Views, 34 Comments

A Little Piece of Heaven - SolidFire



A chance encounter between Rainbow Dash and Spitfire blossoms into what none would ever expect.

  • ...
8
 34
 2,882

More Than My Dreams

More Than My Dreams

Rainbow and Spitfire made their way through Ponyville's main thoroughfare towards Sugarcube Corner. Pinkie Pie was holding a "WOOHOO! RAINBOW DASH HAS A MAREFRIEND AND WANTS TO OPEN UP ABOUT IT TO EVERYPONY SO I HAVE TO THROW A PARTY!" party. Rainbow had finally felt ready to come clean to the rest of her group of friends as to just why she was spending so much time with Spitfire. Not that everypony didn't know already from observation, but they deserved to hear it from Rainbow's mouth. Rainbow looked over at Spitfire. Spitfire looked incredibly nervous.

"You alright Spitfire?"

"I... yeah. I'm fine." Spitfire swallowed. "Let's just get this over with."

"This isn't going to get back to your coach. Don't worry, anything that gets shared in that room tonight will stay there."

"Are you sure about that, Rainbow?" Spitfire asked. Rainbow smiled.

"My friends are nothing if not trustworthy." Rainbow thought for a second. "You know, if you want we don't have to come clean tonight. Nopony besides Pinkie Pie knows the reason for this party, and she'd understand if you don't want to risk it."

"No. We can do this Rainbow. We've been together for two months now. I'm ready for whatever risk being with you entails." Spitfire took Rainbow's hoof in hers. "Besides, with the way things are going, I'd be happy to lose my job if it meant being open to the world about you."

Rainbow was taken aback. That seemed rather extreme of her marefriend. She stopped walking.

"Spitfire, we've only been together for two months. You can't possibly be willing to throw your life away for me already."

"Life? What life? I spend my life traveling around Equestria performing stunt shows with five other ponies who do the exact same thing. The only reason I'm not doing that now is because winter is coming and there aren't any spaces large enough for us to train indoors. Rainbow, I didn't have a life until you came into it. And I didn't realize that until I met you. I've been living in a world of dreams. You're worth far more to me than my dreams could ever be." Spitfire had never spoken with such passion before. Or honesty. It felt strange to be head over hooves in love with somepony she had just started dating two months prior, but it felt amazing. She wanted nothing more than that love to be in her life. Rainbow was shaking. Tears were welling in her eyes.

"Spitfire... I love you. I... love you..."

"I love you too, Rainbow Dash." For the first time since the two mares started dating, Spitfire kissed Rainbow publicly. Rainbow wasn't expecting it, but she welcomed it. After the two mares parted, Rainbow gave Spitfire a nervous glance.

"You aren't gonna tell anypony that I got all sappy on you, are you?" asked Rainbow.

Spitfire laughed and rested her head on Rainbow's shoulder.

"Your secret is safe with me, Rainbow."


"You ready Spitfire? As soon as we open that door-"

"Our fate will be Pinkie's to determine," Spitfire finished Rainbow's sentence and swallowed. She shook her head and quickly regained her resolve. "I'm ready."

"There's going to be alcohol at this party... Pinkie's about twenty percent more 'Pinkie' when she's drunk," Rainbow said, causing Spitfire's eyes to widen.

"Oh my... I don't know if I can-" Spitfire couldn't finish her sentence. An inebriated Pinkie Pie burst through the door, flinging it open. There was no going back now.

"Shuprash! I know jzhis wasn' 'upposed ta be a shuprash party, but it ish now!" Pinkie Pie's eyes weren't centered. She had been drinking. A LOT. Spitfire gave Rainbow a nervous glance, and Rainbow put a comforting hoof on her shoulder.

"Don't worry, Spitfire. She'll pass out soon enough." Rainbow wrapped a wing around Spitfire's back and the two stepped inside. Every one of their Ponyville friends had their hooves firmly planted against their faces.

"Well howdy you two! ‘Bout time the guests o' honor got here!" Applejack started and looked at Pinkie Pie. She managed to be swinging from the ceiling on a vine that had seemingly materialized out of thin air, repeatedly shouting "Daring Do to the rescue!" "If y'all took any longer she'd have passed out before ya got here."

"I can see that. She always was a bit of a lightweight wasn't she?" Rainbow asked with a laugh. Spitfire dodged a pony-sized pink blur that couldn't possibly have come from the still swinging Pinkie Pie.

"Who was that?!" Spitfire shouted as she looked over to where the blur had gone. Somehow, whatever pony had assaulted her had vanished. Everypony in the room laughed and pointed at Pinkie Pie. Spitfire shook her head.

"No, the pony that just tried to tackle me!" They laughed again.

"That's drunken Pinkie for you. Physics don't apply to her when she's sober, but it's like she burns down the natural barriers of space and time when she's drunk," Rainbow explained.

"And we tend to catch her talking to ponies who aren't there sometimes. She says that there are creatures called 'bronies' that are watching us," Twilight added. "We just give her space when she's in that state of mind."

"Ever think about sending her to an asylum?" Spitfire asked.

"Oh no no no no, she's perfectly sane. But apparently she manages to hallucinate when she's had a little too much to-" Rarity was quickly cut off by her drunken friend.

"Hey Rarity! Jzhat brony likesh yer plot!"

"That's wonderful, Pinkie Pie. Anyway, that's a rundown of drunk Pinkie Pie. Now, I do believe you two have some news for us!" Rarity's eyes (along with those of the rest of the circle of friends) lit up and locked onto Spitfire and Rainbow Dash.

"Umm... I take it you've all figured it out already..." Rainbow said nervously. She wasn't sure why she was nervous, but the butterflies weren't going away.

"Oh, yes we have. But we just want you two to say it. If that's alright with you of course," Fluttershy said quietly. Spitfire rested her head on Rainbow's shoulder, thus causing Rainbow to reflexively wrap a wing around her back.

"Rainbow and I are together. We have been for the last two months," Spitfire said with a smile. "And I couldn't be happier."

Rainbow blushed.

"Dammit Spitfire, you're getting me all sappy."

"I love you too Rainbow."

Rarity squealed. Nothing could make her happier than finding out her friend had found love. Other than finding love herself of course, but for now this would have to do.

"This is simply marvelous!" Rarity exclaimed. "Oh Rainbow, you must keep her, she's quite a catch for you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Rainbow asked, clearly misinterpreting Rarity's comment.

"It means she's a perfect match for you! You two are so alike! I'm so happy for you Rainbow. Oh you must let me make you two dresses. It would be an honor."

"Sorry Rarity, but I like dresses about as much as Rainbow,” Spitfire said. Rarity sighed and rolled her eyes.

"They really are a perfect match," Twilight said with a laugh.

Rainbow smiled. Then it hit her. She looked at Applejack.

"Umm, AJ? How did you know that Spitfire and I were the guests of honor? Only Pinkie knew the reason for this party ahead of time."

"No, Pinkie's the only one you told th' reason fer the party to. Every one o' us knew right away when Pinkie invited us why she was throwin'-" Applejack ducked under a flying pink blur. "It. Wasn't hard ta figure out."Applejack made an attempt to adjust her hat on her head, only to find out it wasn't there.

"Hehe, looking fer jizz?" Pinkie called out. Applejack's hat was on her head, despite that she was hanging upside down. Applejack took off after Pinkie in a vain attempt to retrieve her hat.

"Did she just ask Applejack if she was looking for semen?" Spitfire asked.

"She was trying to say 'this'," Rainbow replied.

"How did she... nevermind."

"Now you're getting it Spitty!"

"Getting what?"

"When Pinkie does something you don't understand, just don't think about it! Took Twilight here forever to learn that lesson," Rainbow explained.

"Twilight STILL hasn't learned that lesson," Spike said as he stepped into the circle.

"Spike? I thought you were watching the library while I was gone," Twilight said with a less than pleased glare.

"I was. Until Owlowiscious started doing all my chores for me. He even managed to check out books to a couple of ponies."

"How did Owlowiscious check out books?"

"Same way you and I do Twilight. He even wrote them down in the log," Spike explained.

Twilight twitched. She had to know how an owl managed to learn to write. A purple glow enveloped her horn and she teleported away. Spitfire jumped back.

"Where'd Twilight go?!"

"Ya... haven't... pheew... seen her... huff... teleport before?" Applejack panted, her hat still on Pinkie's head.

"I didn't know unicorns could do that!" Spitfire exclaimed. Rainbow laughed.

"You haven't seen Twilight in action then. There isn't a thing she CAN'T do with magic."

"Can she vanquish an Ursa Major?" Spitfire asked with a laugh. Some crazy showmare named Trixie had tried to show up the Wonderbolts. The flight team pretended to ignore her and got her to lose her temper. None of them could tolerate ponies like that.

"I don't know about a major, but one time she managed to vanquish an Ursa Minor," Rainbow admitted. Spitfire gave her a condescending glance.

"Did you see it happen?"

"Yep."

Spitfire's jaw dropped. She didn't know much about unicorn magic, but she knew that entire battalions of the unicorn guard had to be called in to take down an Ursa. For one unicorn to do that on her own seemed... impossible.

"How... there's no way... huh?" Spitfire was speechless. Rainbow laughed.

"That's nothing. This one here can make a dragon cry," Rainbow said and pointed at Fluttershy.

"I didn't mean to make him cry! I just wanted him to know that he can't be a bully," Fluttershy said in an attempt to defend herself.

"Whatever you say 'Shy. Don't get me started on what Twilight saw you do to a bear," Rainbow said with a cheeky grin.

"I was giving it a massage!"

"You stared down a cockatrice."

"I don't control that!"

Spitfire watched the exchange in awe. Fluttershy did NOT seem like the 'tough filly' type. And she certainly didn't take any pride in the feats Rainbow was crediting her for.

"Wow Fluttershy, you sound like the kind of mare Soarin' would be all over," Spitfire said.

Fluttershy's face flushed. She had always had some sort of a celebrity crush on Soarin', and she wasn't good at hiding it.

"Oh, I don't know. A famous stallion like him... he'd never go for a simple mare like me," Fluttershy murmured.

Spitfire laughed. Soarin' could have any pony he wanted, but he hated the company of most of the mares he was surrounded by day to day. The poor stallion hadn't had any action in almost a year.

"Believe me Fluttershy, Soarin' would prefer you to any of the mares we're normally around. Hay, he denied a date with Fleur de Lis because she annoyed the hay out of him. He can't stand stuck up rich ponies," Spitfire explained. Fluttershy's blush intensified. If Spitfire weren't so enthralled with Rainbow Dash, she would have found it attractive.

"Hey Spitfire! Looks like the punch is spiked. Which I must say is rather unfortunate for Spike." Rainbow pointed at Rarity. She had Spike on her back and was getting ready to carry him home. The baby dragon was sound asleep. "Wanna make this a real party?"

Spitfire smiled and kissed her marefriend.

"Sounds like fun, Rainbow."


Spitfire and Rainbow stumbled into Rainbow's home in the sky. They had each had a little more punch than they should have, but it wasn't their fault that Pinkie had REALLY spiked that particular punch bowl. The two mares were kissing madly as they fell to the floor of the home, Rainbow struggling to get on top of Spitfire. This was going to be a night both mares would wish they could remember.

Author's Note:

Disclaimer once again. I don't take any credit for this story, for it is an approved re-post by the original author and the site's staff. Also, this entire story had to be re-formatted, so if you find any errors, please point them out to me.