• Published 22nd Jun 2014
  • 2,879 Views, 34 Comments

A Little Piece of Heaven - SolidFire



A chance encounter between Rainbow Dash and Spitfire blossoms into what none would ever expect.

  • ...
8
 34
 2,879

Houseguests

A Little Piece of Heaven

Houseguests

Spitfire hummed to herself in the shower. As she stepped out and let her fiery mane hang low around her, she sighed. She left the bathroom and looked around her large home; her large, empty home in the sky. She hated living alone. She wanted somepony to share her life with. As she looked around again, she decided she wanted to share her life with that pony in a bit of a smaller living space. She knew she would never have a family. It was rather difficult for a mare to have a child with another mare. And given that her public position with the Wonderbolts was not open to homosexual relations among its members, it was stallions or nopony at all.

"Seems like they ought to prefer me being with a mare. A mare can't get me pregnant and take me out of work."

"True, but a mare would be bad for your public image."

"Why does it have to be bad for my image? Why can't two mares being in a relationship be accepted by the public now?"

"Because you're a role model for foals across Equestria, many of whom are growing up in old fashioned families who aren't accepting of homosexuality." Spitfire sighed. Finding good conversation must be really hard if she was holding conversations with herself at such a young age. She stepped onto her back porch to watch the sunset. It didn't take long for her thoughts to drift to the mare of her dreams; a mare with a cyan coat and a rainbow in her mane. Rainbow Dash had been to every one of the Wonderbolts' shows since Spitfire signed a photograph of herself at Rainbow's request.

"Always follow your dreams." Spitfire gave a sad chuckle. "Even when they take you where you don't want to be." It wasn't that Spitfire disliked her job. No, she loved it. The adrenaline, the speed, the daring tricks and adoration of millions of ponies, all of it was everything she dreamed of. She just wished she could have her job and have the personal life that she wanted.

She watched the sun as it began to set. Tonight she had plans. She was going to go out flying and nopony was going to stop her for anything. Not a photo, not an autograph. She was going to have a night to enjoy herself. It was around then that she thought she heard screaming. She ignored it at first.

"Probably just my imagination." The screaming got louder. Spitfire looked from her porch in the direction of the scream. She saw the lights of the small town of Ponyville begin to illuminate, but what really caught her attention was the small dot speeding toward her home. The screaming got louder as the dot got louder, and quickly the dot turned into a pegasus pony. Spitfire ducked out of the way just in time to watch it smash into the wall of her home. When the clouds cleared, Spitfire looked up. She noticed a cyan coated pegasus was stuck inside her wall. Her rainbow tail swished once in irritation, while her wings and hind legs just hung low in embarrassment.

"Uhh, little help please?" asked the distressed Rainbow.

"Sure thing Rainbow Dash." Rainbow Dash stiffened and her wings instinctively folded against her side.

"How do you know my name?! Who are you?! ARE YOU A SPY?!"

"Relax Rainbow, it's me, Spitfire." Rainbow stiffened further and, this time, her wings shot into a fully erect position.

"Sp-Spitfire? I'msosorryIdidn'tmeantocrashintoyourhouseIwastryingatrickand-"

"Relax Rainbow, my house is made of clouds. It'll be an easy fix. I'll do it before I go to bed," Spitfire said, trying to calm the flustered mare.

Rainbow's wings stiffened further. She liked a mare who could fix things on her own.

"Rainbow, I don't personally care what your preferences are, but if I'm going to help you you're gonna have to put your wings down."

Rainbow was terrified. Was I that easy to figure out? Oh no, she's gonna hate me. She snapped her wings to her side and pretended to be angry.

"You calling me a fillyfool-AUGH," Rainbow screamed as a sharp pain in her flank suddenly propelled her through the hole in Spitfire's wall and into her living room. "What the hay was that for?"

"The hole in my wall," Spitfire replied nonchalantly as she stepped through the very hole Rainbow had left. It was then that the two mares met gazes for the first time that night. Rainbow's wings fluttered as she took in Spitfire's beauty. Spitfire was still wet from her shower, and her mane hung low around her face, looking far more natural than the way she styled it for her Wonderbolt shows. Rainbow swallowed. I'm in the home of the mare of my dreams. I can't ruin this.

Spitfire looked Rainbow Dash over. She was drenched from being forced through a cloud. As the water dripped off her windswept mane, Spitfire's wings fluttered. The mare of my dreams is in my home. I can't ruin this. Rainbow shivered slightly, just enough for Spitfire to take notice.

"Wanna go for a flight? It would be a fun way to dry off," suggested Spitfire.

Getting dry was an idea Rainbow liked at the moment, and flying with her celebrity crush was something she had dreamed about for years.

"Just try and keep up, alright? I don't want to be slowed down by some amateur," taunted Spitfire.

Rainbow knew that the seemingly narcissistic comment was a challenge in disguise. She gladly accepted.

"You're talking to the fastest flyer in Equestria here. The only pony ever to pull off a Sonic Rainboom. I could keep up with you in my sleep," scoffed Rainbow.

Spitfire grinned. She liked her attitude. Before responding, she gazed deep into Rainbow Dash's fierce, determined magenta eyes. Oh how she craved the mare standing before her.

"Loser buys the drinks." With that, Spitfire bolted out the hole in her wall.

"Hey, that's cheating!" Rainbow called and took off after her. It seemed her dreams were beginning to come true.


Somehow, Rainbow Dash won. As long as Spitfire lived she would never be able to explain it. She couldn't possibly have rigged it more thoroughly. She hadn't even told Rainbow the destination.

"Earth to Spitfire? Hello? When you zone out you can't hear me gloat!" Rainbow wanted to make sure Spitfire knew she lost.

"How did you just beat me? I didn't even tell you where to go!"

"You were flying about as fast as Fluttershy. It wasn't exactly hard." It was on now. Spitfire had only had one brief encounter with the shy pegasus before. As kind as she was, she was the weakest flyer Spitfire had ever met. That was not a challenge Spitfire was going to take lightly.

"Fine then. Another race. And because I'm feeling generous, you can choose the destination this time." Spitfire's adrenaline was pumping. She was ready for anything.

"In that case, let's go to Sweet Apple Acres."

Spitfire raised an eyebrow.

"Rainbow, at full speed that's a half an hour flight from here," stated Spitfire.

"Afraid of an endurance run? Besides, I'll be there in twenty minutes."

Spitfire flew to a nearby cloud and spread her wings.

"I'm not afraid. I'm just making sure you know what you're getting yourself into."

Rainbow landed next to her.

"3, 2, 1, GO!" With that, the mares took off.


Spitfire was dumbfounded... and a little turned on. Nopony had ever been able to fly with her that wasn't a Wonderbolt, and now she had been beaten twice by the mare she had been secretly attracted to for the last few months. This really was the mare of her dreams.

"So, YOU'RE the Wonderbolt, and I'M the one winning the races. See anything comical about that?" Rainbow laughed. She was loving this. She had beaten a Wonderbolt in a race. Twice! On the same evening! Spitfire chuckled.

"You're one heck of a flyer Rainbow. I never thought I'd meet somepony who would be able to keep up with me outside the Wonderbolts. Good work."

Rainbow didn't know what to say to that. She just received a compliment by her celebrity crush. From her idol, the mare of her dreams!

"Uh... t-thanks. S-Spitfire."

"You're cute when you're nervous, you know that?"

Rainbow blushed madly at Spitfire's comment. She gazed into Spitfire's beautiful amber eyes. Her wings fluttered again and she snapped them tight against her sides. Rainbow turned her eyes away from Spitfire and, after a moment of awkward silence, she looked up to see that Spitfire's gaze had never left her.

"Wow Spitfire, if I knew you wanted me that bad I would've ended the race at my place."

"Yeah... wait WHAT?!" Spitfire couldn't believe what she heard. Did Rainbow just insinuate what she thought she did? Without even having gone on a date? "Woah woah woah, slow down Rainbow, I plan to wait until... Rainbow?"

Rainbow was rolling on the ground laughing with tears of mirth streaming down her face.

"Oh the look on your face was PRICELESS! You zone out too much, you know that?"

Spitfire rolled her eyes and dove on top of the mare in front of her. She pressed her lips to Rainbow's in a deep, passionate kiss.

"Same time tomorrow?" Spitfire asked. Rainbow couldn't speak, so she nodded. As Spitfire flew away, Rainbow tried to fly home, only to realize that her wings were far too stiff to be moved at the moment. She sighed and sat under an apple tree. Her day had concluded with a perfect ending.

Author's Note:

Hello again everyone! Just so you all know, this story is not completed, for the author never finished it before he left the site. I'll be editing what is currently in it before posting it and then, once I get caught up with it, I might try my hand at finishing it up. Maybe, maybe not, we'll see.

Disclaimer again, I don't take credit for this story, as it is an approved repost from the original author, coupled with the permission of the site's staff.