• Published 12th Feb 2014
  • 1,870 Views, 15 Comments

Poison Joke, Poison Joke Everywhere - SolongStarbird



Discord is eating seeds again. This cannot be good.

  • ...
3
 15
 1,870

Apparently Poison Joke is not a Weed

Twilight woke up, lifted herself out of bed, and rushed to the window as soon as she remembered what events had transpired the previous day. As she had feared, the seeds were more than just tasty. Fields of blue swallowed Ponyville just as the sea might do to a sinking ship. Anywhere one could look there was some sort of Poison Joke related element.

Twilight yanked the curtains shut and did her best to calm her breathing. She ran downstairs into the library and nearly ran Spike over. She quickly apologized and began to let her observations spill out of her mouth.

"Yes, I know," was Spike's reply to just about everything she said.

"What are we going to do?" came Twilight's nervous response. "We need to talk to Discord, but we can't get anywhere without stepping in the Poison Joke."

"Umm, Twilight."

"What, Spike?"

"Princess Twilight."

"Oh yeah," Twilight blushed a bit, "I forgot for a second there."

Twilight went upstairs, allowed Spike to mount her, and took off from the balcony. She decided that their first stop would be Fluttershy's house, mainly so that they could talk to Discord. Looking from her heightened viewpoint, Twilight could see that the waves of blue did not stop at Ponyville. They spread as far as the eye could see, and probably even farther than that. It was very unnerving to think that the entirety of Equestria could be coated in layers of Poison Joke.

Upon arrival at Fluttershy's house, the racket of panicking animals was very apparent. Following a natural instinct, they were all attempting to enter the cottage in order to avoid the Poison Joke. The only problem with this was that they were all attempting to enter at once, causing quite a commotion at the front door as well as forcing Twilight to find an alternative entrance. In this case it proved to be the window. Alighting on the floor of the cottage, Twilight saw that Fluttershy was attempting to herd the animals through the door in an orderly fashion as well as calm them down.

Discord walked into the room and upon seeing Fluttershy's struggle, asked if there was a problem.

"You wouldn't mind helping, would you?" came Fluttershy's response.

Discord snapped his fingers and the doorway temporarily widened, allowing an avalanche of fauna to pour into the cottage. He pulled Fluttershy out from beneath a pile of critters and began to dust her off.

"Would you mind explaining why you lied to us, Discord?" Twilight angrily asked.

"Why, I would never do such a thing." came a response that could easily be labelled as sarcastic.

"Those were definitely more than just tasty seeds," Twilight stated.

"Poison Joke seeds are just tasty seeds, Twilight," Discord responded, "Just tasty seeds and nothing but tasty seeds are two different things. I'd think that you of all ponies should have seen that one coming."

"Grrrr...," Twilight growled.

"Well you did promise that you would help take care of any weeds," Fluttershy reminded him.

"Well, I did say that," Discord admitted, "but alas, this Poison Joke is not a weed."

"What? Of course it is!" Twilight exclaimed.

"A weed is any plant that was not intended to be grown by and/or displeases the gardener. Since I intended to grow this Poison Joke, it is technically not a weed." Discord chuckled.

"But we're displeased by it," Spike chimed in.

"You're not the gardener," Discord stated, "That is about as fair as me telling Applejack to remove her orchards because they displease me."

"Discord, this is making everypony unhappy. It is making me unhappy. Please dispose of all this Poison Joke."

"Oh, alright," Discord snapped his fingers, "But only because you asked so nicely."

"Thank you." Fluttershy said as both she and Twilight walked out the door, only to land face first into a clump of Poison Joke.

Fluttershy turned to confront a sniggering Discord.

"Discord, I asked you to dispose of the Poison Joke."

"I did. I removed the roots. They will wither away soon."

"That's not good enough."

"Alright, fine," Discord snapped his fingers once again, and the fields of blue vanished.

"That's better," said Fluttershy.

Fluttershy proceeded to usher the animals out of her house and back outside, and Twilight stayed to help. Spike, on the other hand, decided to walk back to the library. It wasn't long until Fluttershy began to complain about blurry vision. Twilight took a look at her and noticed that her irises and pupils had begun to fade. Twilight had a good idea about what was happening, so she knew who would be able to help.

"Come on Fluttershy. Let's go see Zecora."