• Published 15th Feb 2014
  • 1,968 Views, 24 Comments

Rebirth - twilightpiesparkle



Everypony knows that King Sombra was destroyed by the Crystal Heart. But what no-pony knows, is that one part of him survived. Now, darkness is gathering and war threatens to break out. This time, the ponies may not be able to save Equestria, as one

  • ...
3
 24
 1,968

Prologue

The ponies were celebrating. Pinkie Pie was having one of her famous parties after the defeat of King Sombra. Anypony who was anypony was there, except Twilight Sparkle, who was sitting in a dark corner, her muzzle buried in a book. Twilight was eagerly devouring The History of the Crystal Empire, a long book outlining the customs, history, and geography of the Empire.

“Surprise!!” Pinkie screamed, pulling the book out of Twilight’s grasp.

“GAHHH!” Twilight shrieked. “Pinkie, what are you doing?!” Pinkie Pie gave Twilight a curious look. “Twilight, stop being such a downer-wowner. You’ll attract the Nargles.”

“Nar-what? Oh, never mind. Pinkie, what do you want?”

“Well obviously Twilight, you need to come party, Gummy is about to chug down a bowl of my famous fruit punch, it’s his favorite!” Twilight looked over Pinkie’s shoulder and saw Gummy standing in the punch bowl.

“Pinkie, I don’t really—” Suddenly, Pinkie grabbed Twilight and pulled her on to the dance floor. "PINKIE!" Twilight yelled over the unbelievably loud music. "I really need to learn more about the Crystal Empire, it is imperative that we learn as much as possible about it just to be sure that we are prepared in case any new threats arise!"

"Come on Twilight!" Pinkie sighed "can't you do that tomorrow! It's a party!" Twilight sighed,

"I suppose." and continued to dance with Pinkie.

On the other side of the room, Applejack was selling her "hard apple cider", which was under no circumstances to be given to any younger ponies. The ponies had learned this lesson the hard way, ever since the whole Scootaloo incident.

Rarity sighed dreamily. While it had lasted, the crystal shimmer on her flank had been positively radiant.

The music from the party was deafening. It could be heard from nearly a mile off. But what the ponies didn’t know, was that something was stirring deep in the Everfree forest, something that would change their lives forever.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading! We (the three evil masterminds behind this story) hope to update twice a month. We can't guarantee anything, but we'll try our best. Please review, even if you hated the story. If you did hate it, please give constructive criticism, not just a "your story is so stupid". Thanks again, have an amazing life.