• Published 22nd Mar 2012
  • 1,009 Views, 16 Comments

Cold Welcoming - Zephyscribe



A darker skewed version of Twilights arriving in ponyville

  • ...
10
 16
 1,009

Part Five: Judge. Jury, and Executioner

Part five: Judge, Jury and Executioner.

Fluttershy collided with Pinkie Pie with a loud crack! The Pink pony barely had enough time to yelp in pain as Fluttershy pinned her to the ground. With a roar Fluttershy began to smash Pinkie’s nose repeatedly with her hoof. Growling with rage, pinkie head butted her opponent and pulled out of her vice like grip. Fluttershy slipped forward as Pinkie wiggled out of her grasp. Taking advantage of Fluttershys incapacitation, Pinkie kicked hard in the direction of Fluttershy’s unprotected head. Relying on her primal instincts, Fluttershy rolled out of range of the kick and regained her footing. Stalemated, the two ponies circled each other looking for openings.

Twilight regained enough consciences to push her self up and observe the quarrel through her swollen eyes. Everything in her body hurt. She rasped for breath and looked down at her back hoof. It was twisted in a grotesque angel. She shuddered looking down at the cowering form of spike beneath her.

Twilight knew that if she didn’t do something right away that she would be in even greater peril. Thinking fast she went through a list of spells in her head. Her determination was far greater than her pain, which had become little more than a nagging pressure in the back of her head. Finally she found the spell that she had been seeking for. She brought forth the knowledge from the depths of her conciseness. With a groan and a mighty heave she lifted her self from the mud, rising above the muck that clung to her with zeal. Her horn began to glow illuminating the dark and dismal surroundings.

“Look, she’s trying to do something!” somepony shouted from the crowd. Pinkie; who was now on straddling Fluttershy, glanced over just in time to see a tendril of purple energy lash out her. The magical aura lifted Pinkie Pie off the ground. She articulated a single scream before she was dashed against the walls of the facility. A dull crunch resounded. It was utterly quite, the ponies all stood dumbstruck.

Twilight panted in exhaustion. She stumbled trying to regain her footing in the think mud. “Spike,” she said softly. “Are you alright.”

“I’m so sorry, Twilight. So sorry.”

“You didn’t do anything wrong.” Twilights voice was strangely sweet and comforting. The wind tugged at leaves on the nearby trees as Twilight pitched to the side and collapsed, everything went black.

Twilight felt a persistent chafe on her cheek that drew her out of the depths of darkness. She lifted her heavy eyelids and squinted into the dim light. She was on a raised wooden platform located in what seemed to be in the town hall of Ponyville.

The wood creaked, pushed by the breeze that seemed to constantly tug at the town of Ponyville, even when one was indoors. Twilight felt cold, and a stabbing pain penetrated her scull, the rest of her body throbbed.

Her attention was brought back to the material world by the steady scuffing sound that sounded so close to her ear. She twitched and moved her head around to see from where the sound was emanating. The movement, though not abrupt, sent another wave of searing pain to her head and her vision went black for a moment.

The color slowly came back to Twilight as she regained her vision. The dull dismal colors flooded in; browns, greens, blacks, gray, and the colors that made up that gloomy town. But there was one anomaly that stood out among the others. It was bright, radiant, and beautiful, like a beacon of hope among the depressing background. It was yellow, a glorious golden yellow. How had Twilight not noticed this golden jewel before, what was her name…Fluttershy? Yes that was her name.

Twilight couldn’t help but stare, why was this simple pony having such an effect one her. She was scruffy, plain, and covered with flecks of dirt, yet she was one of the most beautiful things that she had ever seen. “What are you doing?” She snapped despite herself.

“Oh…me? I’m sorry. I was…cleaning your injuries. You looked like you were in pain.” Fluttershy whispered. Twilight remained unmoving, her mouth agape.

“Your…I looked… like I was in pain?” Twilight suddenly burst into laughter despite herself. “Ha haa haah. Pain? Pain indeed.” Her laughter quickly turned to hysterics and than to sobs.

“Oh don’t do that your going to hurt yourself.” Fluttershy held Twilight firmly yet gently.

“ Get your hooves off of me. You disgust me. Such hypocrisy how dare-” Twilights irate tirade stopped abruptly. The red-hot anger that had taken over her had been depleted in a matter of seconds. She no longer had the energy to fight. She felt tired, so tired Fluttershy’s vibrant yellow coat no longer seemed as warm and beautiful to look at as it had before. All she saw now was a dirty pegasi trying to clean her wounds with a filthy rag.

“I see that you are awake,” came a surly new voice. Rainbow Dash strode up to the platform and looked down at the purple pony. For the first time Twilight realized that she was tied to a post, her hooves bound. Twilight glared up at Rainbow Dash but other wise remained silent. “ Well it’s time to go to your party.” Twilight continued to glare. She had seen what this pony had done to the workers at Sweet Apple acres and she knew that she should just remain silent to avoid getting hurt further. Yet still there was one thing she had to inquire.

“ What did you do to spike?” The rainbow manned pegasai grinned as if she was amused.

“Oh he’s waiting for you somewhere else. Come on. Lets not keep them waiting.”

“ Them?”

“Yes them.” Rainbow Dash yanked Twilight up off the ground with a grunt. With deft hooves, Dash quickly released Twilight from her shackles and dragged her toward the door.”

“Oh please don’t be so rough,” pleaded Fluttershy as she scrambled to follow.

Although it was painful, Twilight was glad that Rainbow Dash was dragging her. She wasn’t sure if her legs would be able to support her own weight. They reached the door and Dash quickly turned and kicked it open with a swift buck. The frigid air rushed in, picking up strands of the ponies manes and flapping them about their bodies.

They stepped out into the overcast courtyard in front of the town hall. It was filled with the inhabitants of the entire town, all of them standing quietly and still.

A tall podium had been erected with a wider platform beneath it. A gleaming white unicorn sat atop the podium, twirling her plum mane with a wooden gavel and looking altogether bored with her situation. And under her, on the platform, lay the chained and bound form of little Spike.

“AH!” The white pony clopped her hooves together. “ You have arrived.” She motioned for Twilight to be brought up to the podium. “Now we can get started.” The white pony placed her hooves on the podium and fidgeted in her cushioned chair until she felt comfortable. Then, holding her hooves out in front of her to address the audience, she said “ My name is Rarity Belle, and I will be your presiding judge over this trial.” She gave her best smile to the silent audience of ponies. The tension was thick as a tub of jelly.

Twilight’s heart jumped. There might be a chance that she could get spike out of this town. This Rarity seemed like a reasonable character and perhaps she would see that everything had been one big misunderstanding… But that was before she saw Fluttershy sharpening the huge razor blade on the side of the podium. This was no trial, but an execution.