• Published 22nd Mar 2012
  • 1,009 Views, 16 Comments

Cold Welcoming - Zephyscribe



A darker skewed version of Twilights arriving in ponyville

  • ...
10
 16
 1,009

Part Two: The messenger


Part two: The messenger
Knock, knock knock! Twilight hammered on the door of the large ugly building that jutted out of the earth like a giant stone brick. Spike jumped playfully around in the muddy puddles behind her, with a grin on his face.
“Spike! Please do not get the scroll all wet.” Spike’s mirthful grin slowly faded, but Twilight had not finished her reprimanding of the little dragon “ If your not going to act mature, than maybe I wont bring you on trips with me any more,” said Twilight harshly. Spikes face twitched and tears formed on the edges of his eyes.
“Im…im sorry twilight.” Whimpered the heartbroken dragon. “I was just trying to have some fun”
“ This is a business trip not a vacation. Give me the scroll I can’t trust you to keep it safe anymore.” Twilight held her hoof out impatiently to spike. The little dragon began to cry as he reluctantly handed the scroll over to her.
“I…I hate you twilight” whispered the dragon.

“ You disrespectful lit-” Twilights comment was interrupted as the door that stood behind her swung open, and a yellow-orange pony trotted out. The new comer looked at spike with disdain and disgust.

“What is it?” said the pony.

“Uh, my name is Twilight Sparkle. I am here looking for mayor Apple Jack. Are you her?”
The yellow-orange pony spit on the ground and responded in her thick accent. “Yup, that’s me.” She stood looking impatiently at twilight. “Well are you going to come in?”

“Oh, yes.” Twilight look surprised and took a step forward with spike.

“Not him. He stays outside.” spat Apple Jack as she pointed at spike. The dragon stopped mid step looking confused.

“ You stay out here until you can learn to behave” said twilight strictly. Twilight turned, and the two ponies trotted slowly into the bowels of the facility, leaving spike behind.
Twilight thought she was perhaps being a bit too harsh on Spike and his childish antics. But than again that dragon really needed to act more mature in public.

“I am sorry for my partners bad attitude. He really is a good dragon usually.” Interjected Twilight as she walked down the claustrophobic hallway with Apple Jack.

“Pfft, the only good dragon, is a dead dragon”

“Wha…I…I didn’t know that dragon discrimination still existed so close to the capital.” Said Twilight taken aback.

“Sugar” replied Apple Jack. “You would do well to learn things fast around here.”

The two ponies emerged from the hallway into a massive open room filled with ponies at workstations. The room smelled of dirt and sickly sweet apples. Ponies franticly pealed apple after apples at their stations as a blue Pegasus pony flew overhead with a nasty looking whip clutched in her hooves.
“ Come on you whelps pick up the pace.” The blue Pegasus screamed, veins popping as her face contorted in an angry scowl. The Pegasus flew close to a small earth pony that had dropped an apple, screaming in her ear. “ WHAT IS THIS? You think you can just slack off while everypony works their flanks off. I made a promise that I would meet my quota. AND I NEVER GO BACK ON MY WORD! I will give you ten seconds flat to pick up the pace.”
“So sorry Miss Rainbow Dash. It w...wont happen again.” Whimpered the little pony as she cowered on the floor. Rainbow Dash began to viscously strike the cowering pony with her hoof. Sticky blood and hair stuck to Rainbow Dash as she continued to pommel the helpless pony. The nearby ponies continued their own work, as if this was an ordinary occurrence.

“This is terrible” shouted twilight as she saw the confrontation unfold. “ How can you let such violence and cruelty unfold right in front of you?”

Apple Jack raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean? Rainbow Dash is just very dedicated to her status quo. She’s the most loyal work I have.”

“But…but” Twilight stammered. “What would Celestia want me to do?” Thought Twilight. “I wont say anything right now, I will just report this to Celestia later.” The little pony had made up her mind. There was nothing she could do now to help the poor pony, but if she just waited than perhaps later she could.

“Shall we move on?” She said forcing a weak smile. The two Ponies moved on through the halls, passing crates of blood red apples labeled Honest Apples. “Honest my flank” said twilight under her breath.

“What was that sugar cube?” said Apple Jack, her voice dripping with false sweetness.

“Oh, It was nothing. Nothing at all.”