• Published 10th Feb 2014
  • 956 Views, 17 Comments

The Vanguard And The Planet of Darkness - Gravitiaxis



You are super old. How old? You don't know, but lately you've been feeling like your life has been coming to a close. You look towards your old broken pocket watch and wonder about a life you didn't live and the one you should've

  • ...
5
 17
 956

Chapter Two

That night you had a dream. There was something different about this dream. There was a young mare and young stallion playing together. They didn’t see you. Not yet at least. They were playing around in a large meadow with a monolithic city in the background.

The mare had to be in her mid-teens while the stallion was probably in his early-20s. As you stared at them from a distance, the mare soon spotted you and pointed in your direction. At first the stallion became wary of your presence, but upon seeing who you were he gave you a small but warm smile. Taking the mare's hoof, the stallion began to walk in your direction. “Hello, we’ve been waiting for you,” said the stallion. He was wearing what looked like a military uniform, but you couldn't recognize the language or army he was affiliated with.

“What do you mean waiting for me?” You asked curious as to what he was saying.

“We’ve been waiting here a long time,” said the mare. “It’s almost time for you to rest now,” she said giving you a sad, but compassionate smile. She was wearing a small dress. Nothing too fancy, but it wasn’t simple either.

“Am...Am I dead?” You asked the both of them. The stallion shook his head, “Am I dying?”

The stallion chuckled. “Aren't we all?” The stallions voice betrayed his eyes, which seemed to be almost dead looking. No emotion appeared within his eyes.

The mares eyes however were the exact opposite. Hers showed emotion but her voice didn’t and it was almost eerie to hear. “You are dying, but you won’t die just yet. You still have to meet that mare, the one that got away and you still have to open up this watch.” She said slipping a fob watch from her dress and tossing it to you.

You caught it and began to look at its inscriptions. It was the same watch you kept. “What will happen after I do that? Will I die then?” You asked with a hint of concern in your voice.

“Change.” The mare said sadly.

“Change will happen.” The stallion finished.

“Hurry.” The two of them said at the same time. “There isn’t much time left.” The two ponies said as the dream began to dissipate. when it fully disappeared, you woke up in a daze like feeling clenching on to your watch. You knew what you had to do now. Time to leave.

That morning you began to pack up a few stuff to take with you. For some reason you knew that you weren’t going to come back for a long time so you made sure to place a note on the refrigerator directed to Fleur about where you had gone.

“Hello Fleur. If you’re reading this that means I’ve been gone for quite a while. I’ve on a journey for quite a while now. I’ve searching for the mare of my life. I knew where she was for a long time, but until now I haven’t had any drive to see her. So I’ve gone to see her and I probably won’t be back for a long time, but don’t fret I’ll be back soon enough, I promise.”

You kissed the letter and placed it on the refrigerator. You cut the light off and exited the house. You didn’t know when or if you would ever return, but if you did it would a long time from now. You shook your head and left, there was no need to stall anymore.


In the span of two days you took the train to Ponyville. It would’ve been quicker, but the train had to make frequent stops for maintenance checks. Apparently something was wrong with the engine, but luckily they eventually got the train back on track.

You had heard lately this small town had been attracting more and more ponies. The only reason you knew about this, was because of Fleur's frequent trips there.

You don’t remember the last time you were on a train, but you liked the feeling of it. The constant bumping motion and the noise that accompanied it. If you weren’t retired you would have become a conductor, like this young mare who was approaching you.

"Gather your belongings!" The female yellow earth pony yelled out before walking up to the passengers, collecting their train tickets. It wasn't long before the train conductor was upon you. "May I see ticket sir?" The female said while giving you a small but sincere smile. You took the ticket from your pocket and handed it to her. "Thank you. You're an earth pony right and you're heading to Ponyville. Are you moving there as well?

You smiled and shook your head. “No ma’am, I’m not. I’m just going to visit an old friend.”

“Oh, well I hope you enjoy your stay." The mare said as she continued doing her rounds.

You looked out the window and saw what looked to be Ponyville. You had mixed feelings about what you was going to find there, but hopefully it would be a good experience.
.

The train came to a full stop as you had arrived at the train station. You stood up from your seat and began to walk out of the nearest door where you was greeted by the harsh sun that began to shine directly into your eyes. You instantly looked down towards the ground and began to rub your eyes. “Celestia’s working hard today, I assume.” You took a few steps forward and began walk towards your destination.

However, before you could really get anywhere you was approached by a stallion and a mare. The stallion had a grayish blue coat along with a dark silvery mane and pale, light grayish azure eyes. While the mare had a light sapphire bluish gray coat, with a pale, light grayish apple green mane and moderate gamboge eyes. Speaking of her eyes, they were kind of...cross eyed...which you found to look kind of cool actually. Her crossed eyedness made her look different and otherwise unique.

The stallion began to circle around you as if he was trying to figure something out. While doing so he began to tug on you as he tried to figure out that 'something'. "Grey coat...yes...weird looking...mane...pale eyes…Wait! What is this?!" He said while pick pocketing your watch from off of you.

Before he could look at the markings on the back of it, you quickly snatched your watch back and moved away from the strange stallion and began to brush yourself off. "Can't believe what? Who are you weirdos?" You asked almost glaring at the stallion.

"I'm The Doc-er. I mean, Time Turner and this is my assistant, Derpy Hooves. We’re both clockmakers." He said sounding pretty proud of the title, as well as his so called assistant. You didn't really understand about what's so cool about being a clockmaker, anyone could become one with the right amount of training... or if their cutie mark permits them to.

"Hello!" The mare said to you.

You was going to respond but the weird stallion had interrupted you. “I found myself rather intrigued with your fob watch there. Mind if I take a glance at it.” He said while extending his hand.

You looked at him and shook your head as you held on tightly to your little watch. “No. I don’t know who you are but I don’t like the way you act. You’re a little too shifty to me.” You said narrowing your eyes at him, which signaled him to back off.

“Alright, Alright. I understand. May I ask how long you’ve had that watch?” Time Turner asked while slowly lifting an eyebrow.

“Since birth, why?”

Time Turner sucked his teeth and shook his head. “No, then I must be looking for someone else. I’m sorry for disturbing you.” Time Turner said while shaking your head and quickly running off in opposite direction. “Come on Derpy let's go.”

Derpy looked at you and nodded her head as she quickly ran after her friend, leaving you alone.

You let out a large sigh and asked yourself. “What was that all about?”