• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 2,349 Views, 72 Comments

Left in the Darkness - TheUndiscoveredPony



Leaving Twilight was the hardest thing I had to do but I knew that if I told her my true feelings, I would destroy her life. I couldn't do that to her especially when she's a princess one that cannot bare what I have. I'm Flash Sentry

  • ...
12
 72
 2,349

Love Hurts Twilight's POV

Author's Note:

Hey guys... Don't yell. Here's the chapter!

This wasn't the chapter I was planning to put up but it was a spur of the moment kinda of thing. I know there are lots of grammar mistakes and it sucks but I promised it would be posted. I will go back and edit this at some point, don't worry.

Sorry for being late but when I got sick, so did my mom too. She's been dizzy for the past 4 days and I'm getting really worried because it could mean she has an infection or something. She doesn't want to go to the clinic or hospital so I have to wait.

Sorry again,
TheUndiscoveredPony

Ps: Next update will be up sometime in the next two weeks. I have three tests on Tuesday which I should be studying for but I felt really bad not uploading this chapter, so I am.

Thanks for sticking around :)

I was listening to this while writing it... I promise I will make this a better chapter later on.

I place my hoof on the newly cleaned wall in my house, it feels bare now that I have taken all my pictures down. It was an instinctive decision to take down the photos of Flash and I but they were a constant reminder of what I lost. My heart aches painfully, he was gone and he was never coming back. Sighing, I lift the box with my magic and put it in the darkest corner I could find. As I place it down, somebody knocks against my door and starts banging when I’m about way halfway there.

“I’m coming! I’m coming!” I yell out before picking up my step to reach the door and quickly wiping the tear that was falling down my cheek. I open the door and it comes flying out, nearly hitting my muzzle.

“Waoh! Rai-” I’m cut off before I can utter another word.

“Soarin. So-Soarin-He-he-” Rainbow Dash sputters, holding herself up, she takes deep breaths. Her heavy breathing, evening out as each second passes.

“What happened? What did Soarin do? Are you alright?” At the last question, I drag Rainbow inside and sit her down near the book shelves. She’s shaking.

“Twilight… I-” Rainbow starts to sob and I sit quietly next to her, my shoulder becoming soaked with tears.

“Dash.. What happened?” I whisper quietly hoping it's not anything horrible but in my heart, I know something's really wrong.

“I’m so mad, Twilight… But I’m so hurt at the same time… I mean how could he?!? Was I never enough!?!” Dash suddenly shouted, startling me. I take hold of the mare and hold her tight, trying to calm her.

“Dash, you gotta calm down. You need to tell me what he did because right now, you are muttering gibberish. I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I firmly tell Dash.

“God Twilight… He cheated on me! Soarin bucking CHEATED on me!” cried Dash, “And best part has yet to come, guess who he cheated with?” yells Dash as she stands up and trots in front of me. Her eyes blaze furiously and angry tears streak down her face.

“I don’t know…” I mutter, shaking my head. I knew this was really bad… How could Soarin do that? But then again, how could Flash ever leave?

“SPITFIRE! THAT”S WHO!” She screams. “I WALKED IN ON IT AND- AND-” suddenly she falls to the floor and cries. Sobs rack her body and all I can do is hold her.

“What do you mean you walked in?” I let myself ask after a couple of minutes, to give her time to breathe.

“Remember, how I was heading home after I met up with you? Well, Soarin took me out and- and- it was perfect… I even got my favourite novel signed… But then… I headed home and-and he was there with Spitfire! They we-we-were kissi-kissing and he even moaned! I thought-” Rainbow Dash couldn’t finish her sentence as another wave of sobs came around.

“Oh Rainbow Dash!” I pull her into a tight hug and let her finish her story.

“He didn’t even think I would be there. I thought-thought that he loved me, you know?” Oh, I knew very well. I know what you’re going through Rainbow Dash, I just don’t want to say it. Dash continues, “I love him. Ha, I still do,” She smiles through the tears, “But he kinda broke me. I’m so hurt right now. I’m angry too. This must be how you feel, huh?” Rainbow asks, looking at me from my chest.

“Dash… I… Don’t want… To talk about it…” I mutter looking away. My heart clenches with guilt of not sharing but… I’m hurting too. I’m trying to get over Flash, I can’t think about him.

“It’s okay. I understand.” Dash goes quiet. We sit in silence, not a pony says a word before Dash speak up again.

“They are both jerks, you know that? I can’t believe they could hurt us so much…” Dash starts to cry again and I hold her tighter. Friends are there for everything, for the good and the bad.

I soon find myself saying in a whisper, “Shhh.... It’s going to be okay.” but it's not going to be. I forgot that even though Rainbow Dash was strong, she was also vulnerable like me. All I want to do is cry and sympathize with her but I have be strong for her.

“The ones that hurt us the most, are the ones that we love the most.” I whisper into the sound of Dash’ crying. She may not have heard me but it was the truest statement that I have ever spoken.

Hours pass by and I spend them with Rainbow Dash in my arms. She finally stopped crying ten minutes ago and is now silently staring into space. I was looking out the window when an idea popped into my head.

“Rainbow Dash… Let’s take a walk.” I suggest, it’s starting to get stuffy in this place.

“Okay.” She replies with a scratchy voice from crying.

I open the door and let the wind flow into the house. Everything is so peaceful and I can hear ponies doing their work and going on with their lives, oblivious to everything around them. After observing for a bit, I step outside, and Rainbow suddenly stops. Her eyes go wide as she remembers something and she gasps. Dash takes hold of her head and shakes it.

“Twilight… Oh Twilight… I forgot to tell you!” She shouts and starts pacing. Her mane and tail flying in the wind.

“What?” I question, suddenly really worried.

“Soarin, before he left, he made a promise…” I watch as she paces and irritation strikes when she doesn’t finish her sentence.

“What? What did he promise?” I’m in front of her, baring my eyes at her. Her voice told me that this promise was nothing good and somehow, it concerned me.

“He promised.. He promised that he’dbringFlashSentryback!” Rainbow Dash finishes in a rush, still holding her head.

“What? I didn’t catch what you said.” I say to her, tilting my head. My heart races as I refuse to register what I just heard.

“He promised that he’d bring Flash Sentry back.” Ranbow Dash repeats, slower and articulated more. I give her a blank stare and burst out into laughter. My heart aching in response. I’m such a fake.

“Wh-Wha-what? Why aren’t you like freaking out?” Dash sputters, appalled by my reaction.

“Why should I care for Flash Sentry? He broke my bucking heart and stomped on it, shattering it into a million pieces. I don’t ever want to see his face again.” I angrily say while kicking the ground. I’m such a good liar, that I’m starting to believe myself.

“But Twilight, every pony saw that he cared about you. All those times you were together, he was smiling and looking at you like you were his whole world. He always had this special smile for you and always put you before himself. I remember when you two kissed in front of us, when he took a breath and stared at you, we could all see the love shining through his eyes for you.” I choked back a sob and let my face slip for a moment before putting back my poker face. Yes, of course I remembered that. How could I ever forget those memories…?

“He means nothing to be anymore, Dash.” I state firmly, glaring at her. How can she possibly understand? We are in different situations, she will never understand what I feel. The love of my life is gone, he left and is never coming back. She still has a chance to save her relationship.

“But Twilight… He’s coming back, he can explain wh-” I interrupt her by slamming my hoof to the ground.

“No Dash! I don’t care anymore! Got it?” I yell at her, “He made his choice and that’s final! He’s never coming back… And I’m not waiting around for him. He left me and now, stops thinking about my bucked up relationship! Try and fix yours before you get involved in mine!” I don’t mean to say such harsh words but I’m too blind in rage that I don’t realize it. My anger is fueling the fire in my stomach that burns brightly. He left me, he made his choice, Twilight. Get over it.

“But don’t you still love him?” Dash whispers, shrinking at my harsh words. Of course I do! I want to yell but I let my chest tighten and force the words to come across my lips. Maybe I would regret them later on but not now.

“Not anymore.”

With that, I turn and head back into my house, leaving Rainbow Dash startled and hurt outside. I turn back for a quick second before the door closes and the wind picks up, giving me a clear view of Dash’s heartbroken face.

I’m sorry, Rainbow Dash. I can’t do this anymore, I can’t pretend to be okay.

As soon as the door shuts close, I gallop to my room and start packing. I made my decision. I was going to leave. As I put the last of my items inside my saddlebags, I pick up a picture of all my friends and I let my silent tears fall for the last time in my home. My heart breaking inside to leave the home I cherished the most for the longest time but I can’t stay anymore. There are too many memories… Shaking my head, I put the picture frame in my bag and close it.

This is it…

I head back outside and don’t see Rainbow Dash anywhere, she must have left. Turning around, I look at house for one last time and take a breath.

Goodbye every pony, I’m sorry I couldn’t say it in person but I gotta go before… He shows up… I silently send the message and take off. One last look as I’m in the air and I’m gone.

Goodbye.