• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 2,341 Views, 72 Comments

Left in the Darkness - TheUndiscoveredPony



Leaving Twilight was the hardest thing I had to do but I knew that if I told her my true feelings, I would destroy her life. I couldn't do that to her especially when she's a princess one that cannot bare what I have. I'm Flash Sentry

  • ...
12
 72
 2,341

Emptiness Twilights POV

Author's Note:

Hey!
I'm TheUndiscoveredPony and this is the first story I'm writing.
This is the first chapter of Left in the Darkness and I hope you like it. I will try and update often but I can't guarantee anything because I have school. Anyway, I hope you like it and leave your comments below. ;)
TheUndiscoveredPony
Also my new editor is TheOriginalThundersky! Go check out his stories!

Closing the book I have open, I look up to the wall next the bookshelves in the library. Pictures of me and Flash Sentry are posted everywhere from us cuddling, to kissing, to pictures of us in the park or at the ice cream parlour. Though one picture catches my eye, it was the one that was taken an hour before he left. I still remember the day as if it was yesterday.

Flashback-

It was a beautiful afternoon. Flash and I were walking down the street hoof in hoof. We were just talking about us, what we like to do, our fears, etc. Just normal couple things when suddenly Flash stopped

"Flash, are you okay?" I asked concerned. I quickly scanned over his face and looked deeply in his eyes showing my worry.

"Yeah, Twilight. It's just..." He trailed off and looked into the distance. He was starting to scare me and I didn't know what to do.

"Flash..." I said softly. The sun was starting to fade in the distance as the moon took its place and it was starting to get dark. Ignoring the fact that he didn't answer me, I grabbed his hoof and swiftly dragged him home with me, to the library in Ponyville.

The door slammed shut and I turned to face Flash, only to realize he had turned his back to me.

“Flash?” I asked softly while slowly walking next to him and sitting down. He didn’t move an inch so I took it as a good sign and put my hoof on his back while leaning my head on his shoulder.

“Twilight…” He whispered hoarsely. He sounded so sad and empty, he wasn’t himself. The Flash I knew would never be like this, we were always open in this relationship. I even knew about the time he was drunk and went stumbling into my brothers room, when he was visiting, and screaming out that he liked me and wouldn’t care what Shinning had to say about it. Lets just say I spent the day nursing him back to his normal state.

“Flashy, you're scaring me… What's wrong?” I asked getting worked up over the fact that he wouldn't let me know. I then sat in front of him while leaning my horn against his head.

“I don’t know if I can do this…” Flash said brokenly. Millions of possibilities came to mind but one stuck out like a sore thumb. He was breaking up with me. The one pony that I truly fell for was breaking up with me. Tears filled my eyes as I tried to keep them at bay but they slid down my cheeks anyway.

“Are you-are you breaking-breaking up with-me?” I started to stammer. He looked up with teary eyes and nodded.

I felt my whole world stop as my heart broke into two and shattered into a million pieces. I started crying and an intense feeling of heartbreak came barreling down on me as I sobbed even louder.

“Flash, you can’t! Are really breaking up with me?” I stammered even more as each minute passed with no response. Every moment that passed broke my heart even more. Flash leaned back and looked at me with no emotion on his face and answered.

“I’m sorry, Twily.” Flash said, getting up. I just stayed at my spot shocked, crying out what was left of my broken heart. As Flash got up and walked out the door, I gathered up my courage and screamed with my sore throat.

“I LOVE YOU, FLASH!” I shouted desperately but he didn’t turn back, he just kept walking forward. I just pushed myself up and ran outside as dark clouds filled the sky.

“FLASH! I love you! Please come back!” I kept shouting and shouting but nothing happened. Suddenly, rain started pouring down on Ponyville and lightning struck, but I just stood there looking at the love of my life walk away. Just as I turned to go back, a lighting strike flashed in front of me and for a moment I saw Flash Sentry’s tear stained face but it disappeared a second later. I thought it was just my imagination.

Letting my head fall down, I slowly walked home while letting the rain drops fall onto my wings and coat. I don’t even acknowledge the fact that I might get sick, the pain of heartbreak just kills me on the inside.

How could he do this? Why did he do this? Why? I thought he loved me… I love him, did he not love me? My eyes kept getting teary and I didn't know what to do! My heart yearned for him but he was gone. Gone. It hit me like an electric shock. I cried out and ran into my room. When I reached my door, Spike was already calling out my name but I didn't answer.

“Twilight!” Spike shouted as he ran up the stairs to find me sobbing on my bed. It smelled like Flash since he had been living with me for a month now. “Oh Celestia! Twilight!” he said, shocked, and quickly came to sit next to me. I just hugged him and sobbed into his shoulder. After what felt like an eternity, I stopped crying.

“Twilight… What happened?” Spike asked softly. I just looked up at him with puffy red eyes and started to tell him what happened.

“He broke up with me…” I finished with tears in my eyes. He just hugged me tighter and made sure to stay with me for the rest of night.

End of Flashback-

It has been a week since then and I still feel hollow. The world feels dull and I barely get out of bed. I don’t want to do anything anymore. I just want to not feel the pain that Flash has caused me. Flash, I miss him so much! I cry every night and wish on every star he would come back. Maybe… A doorbell rang interrupting my thoughts and I went downstairs not bothering to brush my hair cause who cares? Just as I was opening the door and bunch of bodies came crashing through the front door.

All my best friends were here. After a moment all of them got themselves off the floor and crushed me into a group hug.

“Oh Twilight! Are you okay?” Fluttershy asks as everyone steps back from the hug. I look around and see that all my friends have worried faces on.

“Guys, it’s just hard…” I start, “I don’t want to do anything anymore, but I’m okay.” I feel bad for lying to them but I am just gonna make them worry more. I plaster a fake smile on my face and get some snacks ready for them.

When I come back they are all discussing something intently but stop when I enter the room. Applejack is the first one to speak, “Twilight, y’all sure that you're alright?” I quickly nod and put down the sacks and laugh a bit when they munched down the snacks like pigs.

“Guys! This is suppose to last the night!” I exclaim. They all give me the look of we’re hungry so don’t judge.

“This is so good! I mean how do make these snacks so good? They are like amazing! By the way Twilight I thought we wouldn’t be coming because of the thing with Fla-” Rarity shot her hoof to Pinkies mouth stopping her from saying anything else.

“Sorry about that,” Rarity says with a small chuckle, “Pinkie is just excited.” A nod of agreements go around.

“So Twilight, what are we going to do tonight?” Rainbow Dash asks. I think it over for a moment and then decide.

“I think we will just hand out and let loose. Forget about the outside world for awhile and head to bed after,” I say with a small but real smile.

“PARTY!” Pinkie screams as she turns some music on.

The rest of the night I spend time with my friends and forgetting everything thats happened just to have fun. Together we talked, we did manicures, we danced and we had FUN! All my friends were supportive even Rainbow Dash pulled me over and gave me a long hug saying that time will heal everything. Though, I don’t believe it right now.

I went to bed shortly after they left and cried. Everything reminded me of Flash and I just can’t take it. I miss him a lot and I want him to come back. I don’t even know if I will ever be okay again if he doesn’t come back, only time will tell.

Time heals everything, thats what Rainbow Dash said.

Time heals everything, I hope.

But right now I feel empty.