• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 2,343 Views, 72 Comments

Left in the Darkness - TheUndiscoveredPony



Leaving Twilight was the hardest thing I had to do but I knew that if I told her my true feelings, I would destroy her life. I couldn't do that to her especially when she's a princess one that cannot bare what I have. I'm Flash Sentry

  • ...
12
 72
 2,343

The Promise Rainbows POV

Author's Note:

Hey everypony!

I'm back from being gone for like 5 weeks and I'm ready to give you updates! This is one of my chapters that I wrote while I was gone and I hope you guys like it. It has NOT been edited so I'm sorry about that but I'm trying to find a new editor.

My story is really starting to get to it's final chapters so I'm starting to explain everything and end it soon. I have at least another maybe 10 chapters or less depends but I would really love to know if you guys want an Epilogue or a Sequel. Comment below and like!

I would love to hear your thoughts and feel free to talk to me :)

TheUndiscoveredPony

After I left Twilight after our lunch together, I headed home and I am now seated at the kitchen bar waiting for my colt friend to come home. His practices have been going on later than usual and I wanted to wait for him before I eat. Looking around, I see that the plates are neatly put at two seats at the bar and the food is already served. There are napkins on the right side of the plate and utensils are nicely situated on them. I was cooking since I got home and I made him his favorite plate of lasagna and for dessert, a pie. He absolutely loves pie. I giggle while thinking about him and then I smile at my hard work while looking at the front door waiting for it to open and see my colt friend.

An hour passes and my eyes start to drop from waiting so long. I need to stay awake but just as I think that, a huge yawn erupts from my mouth and I cover it with my hoof. I need to wait for him to eat and so I keep staring at the entrance while trying to keep myself awake. I lasted a few minutes until I blacked out on the kitchen bar waiting for my sweetheart.

----------------------


Someone was shaking me but I was in an intense dream. I was currently flying at high speeds to create my most known move, the Sonic Rainboom. I pushed forward to gain speed and in the background I heard people chanting my name.

“Rainbow! Rainbow!” They chanted but their voices started to fade in the distance as I got faster and faster. Just as I was flying something violently shook me and successfully woke me up.

“WHAT?!?!” I burst out while falling face first on the ground. Ugh, my face hurts… I tried to rub the soreness out when all of a sudden a pony burst out laughing or should I say MY pony burst out laughing.

“Don’t laugh!!!” I say angrily while a blush made it’s way up to my face but I wasn’t really mad, just really, really embarrassed.

“Oh c'mon Dash! It was funny!” My colt friend says but that makes me glare at him. As soon as he sees my glare, he sobers up and covers his laugh with a cough but I just glare harder at him. Clearing his throat, he puts out a hoof to help me up but he was still not forgiven.

“That was not funny Soarin,” I state flatly and then start to glare at him again. “Just because you're my boyfriend doesn’t mean you can make fun of me when I fall like that. I was waiting for you when I fell asleep…” I finish while looking to the window. Sunlight was streaming out of the windows and I glanced at Soarin’s clothes. He was wearing his Wonderbolt uniform which meant he just came back… I tilted my head to the side confused since the latest a practice has gone on for was 9 at night… What could he be doing for the entire night?

“I’m sorry… I was caught up in practice and decided to stay and work on my tailslide because I haven’t perfected it…” He said while hugging me to my body but there was an edge to his voice. One that he got when he was lying… Was he lying to me? I shook those thoughts out of my head. Soarin wouldn’t lie to me, would he? He wouldn't do anything to hurt me but Wonderbolt practices never went on for the entire night and the Arena closes at midnight... My thoughts are interrupted when he kisses me.

Everything is forgotten when his sweet lips touch mine and send me into a land of bliss. I may be a bit biased but he makes me feel like I’m the only mare in Equestria. He’s one in a million and he’s mine. Mine. I like that word and it suits him just fine.

“It’s okay Soarin, let’s spend the day together!” I say as we separate our kiss. His eyes are gleaming with love. Wait, love? Do I love him? Yes I do love him. I smile at my realization and grab his hoof while flying towards the door.

For the next hour we spent our time talking and laughing. Soarin was so easy to talk to and he.. he was.. Perfect. Perfect in every single way, I think with a giddy smile. We then went for lunch to Gourmet Flank. The name made us laugh and we had a great time. Though by the time it was 1 pm, Soarin’s stomach started to hurt and he said he needed to go home to feel better but we were in line to get my Daring Doo book signed. (That was a small gifted from Soarin) The author had come to town and I was so excited! I offered to come with him but he said that we’ve been waiting too long in line to leave. He then left and I was left alone though it was going to be worth it when I get my book signed.

After getting my Daring Doo book signed which took hours, I went back to Soarins and my house. I absolutely love calling it OUR house! He asked me to buy a house together a couple of months ago and I said yes! It was the best decision of my life.

Just as I enter the door a loud ruckus echos through the supposedly quiet house. Soarin was suppose to be sleeping because of his aching stomach. His face was green when he left and I’ve been worried sick about him.

“Soarin?” I call out but only silence follows. I cock my head to the side confused. There seems to be no one here but I swear I heard something. A moment passes and another then a shuffling is heard.

“Soarin? Soarin?” I call out again heading towards the shuffling. The closer I get the more the sound gets louder. Anxiety starts to settle in my stomach and my breaths come in short pants.

“Soarin?” I ask.

Taking a sharp intake, I open the door and stop dead in my tracks. I take in what is before me and feel my heart shatter to thousands of pieces only to be stepped on when I hear Soarin moan. Tears build up in my eyes as I process the moment and struggle to keep my emotions in check. Soarin is in bed making out with Spitfire and enjoying it. I sob and successfully catch the attention of those… those horny mule holes! But when I see Soarin’s face, I get angry. Really angry. He wore the one of shock and surprise, he didn’t expect me to find him like this.

“Dashie…” He starts but I cut him off.

“Don’t call me that!” I spit through my clenched teeth. Even speaking was hard.

“Rainbow Dash, its not what it looks like!” He tries again but strike two. The feeling of anger intensifies as he steps closer to me. His hoof reaches out but I slap it away and glare harshly to him.

“It is exactly how it looks like. You are cheating on me! Thats why you’re never home and that’s why you came home early without me! You- you’re with Spitfire! You-” I falter in my sentence and look away. Never in my life had I been more humiliated than now but it makes so much more sense now. Spitfire had been giving me a smug look for the past couple of weeks when I visited Soarin AND Soarin has been missing a lot lately even on our dates like today but I usually just brushed it off though not anymore.

“This has been going on for months, hasn’t it?” I ask looking out the window. A lump fill my throat when I realise the answer.

“Rainbow Dash, let me explain…” I cut him off before he could utter a word.

“Answer the question…” I repeat glaring at him. I see that he visibly gulps and takes a step forward, making me take a step back.

“But Dash-” My top blew off.

“ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION SOARIN!” I shout to him.

“Yes it has… But not-” I didn’t need to hear more. He has been doing this for weeks and has played me since the start. Stupidity fills me and I flare my nostrils as more anger consumes me.

“You have done enough Soarin, I don’t want to hear anymore. You got what you wanted and that is Spitfire. You used me and threw me away like trash.” I spit out venomously. “You know, I fell for you. Fell hard, actually. I loved you with all my pony fibers and yet it wasn’t enough. I thought that if I went out with you, I might actually get a guy who would care about me, one who would love me. I LOVED you Soarin and now my heart is shattered into pieces. Each shard being crushed into thousands of others because of you. YOU are the cause of all my pain and I am done! DONE and goodbye.” I finish sobbing loudly. Hundreds of tears come rushing down my face and I grab my saddle bags to pack some of my things.

“Rainbow Dash…” Soarin says while I am packing my bags. “Don’t leave! I made a mistake but my feelings have never changed!” He starts pleading to me. I could see in the corner of my eye, Spitfire leaving us alone. As soon as she left, I finished packing and headed towards the door.

“Rainbow Dash! Don’t leave me, please! I love you! I LOVE YOU!” He shouts sobbing. Never had I seen him so broken. I wanted to run back inside and say that I wasn’t but I couldn’t. The memory of him and Spitfire is too much to bear.

“If you loved me, you wouldn’t of cheated on me. If you actually cared about me, you wouldn't of been with Spitfire and if you actually had feelings for me, you wouldn’t of had eyes for another mare.” I finish my small speech and head to the door while keeping in my fresh set of tears.

“Rainbow! Please don’t leave,” Soarin tries yet again but I glare at him.Only hours ago, were laughing our butts off of Gourmet Flank and now were breaking up. My life has spiraled out of control and I can’t steady it.

“All I wanted to come home to is for my boyfriend to be resting so he can get better and so that I can ask him a favour but I can’t do that because my boyfriends an ex now.” I grit my teeth in frustration. How could I have been so foolish? This proves that your blind when you're in love.

“Wh-what? N-no, you don’t mean that! I can’t be your ex! I love you Dash!” Soarin says with a plea. He doesn’t get it, he cheated on me and I’m never, I mean NEVER gonna forgive him for that. He can’t just apologize and think that I will go back with him. He’s crazy if he does.

“You are.” I state and look into his teary eyes. “All I asked for was a boyfriend who would love and care for me without cheating,” I emphasized ‘cheating’, “Someone who would do anything for me. Like I was going to ask you to bring back Flash Sentry so he can explain why he left Twilight. She DESERVES an explanation and I was trying to get her one. You're a cheating bastard and I am never EVER going to forgive you!” I shout furiously. He takes a moment to process everything and his face lights up as if he has an idea.

“I’ll promise you this, I WILL get Flash Sentry back here and to Twilight. I will make it up to you and this is the first thing. I regret being with Spitfire and I will do everything to convince you that I truly only love you and nobody else. But you have to promise me that you will listen to my explanation when I come back, okay?” Soarin finishes with determination in his eyes. I mouth hangs open and shake my head. Nothing will change my mind. He's a lying/cheating bastard that will never come into my life again even if he gets Flash Sentry for Twilight.

“Okay and good luck with that cause I’m gone. I'm finished and I'm leaving this place I used to call home.” I say fiercely and leave while slamming the door behind me. The door opens again and shuts.

“You HAVE to promise Rainbow Dash, please! I'll go to the end of the earth to prove you wrong!” Soarin cries out. I think about it for a moment and think quietly to myself that Twilights going to owe me one. Soarin shouldn't get his hopes up because if did actually love me he wouldn't of cheated in the first place.

“I promise Jerk,” I purposely put an insult in and I hear him sigh before I turn around and keep flying.

One last time, I turn to see Soaring flying really fast towards Canterlot and all I can think of is my heartbreak. My heart feels like it’s been ripped apart and just as I’m thinking that something clicks inside my head.

Soarin is heading out to find Flash and he’s going to be in danger. Flash Sentry left so he doesn’t want to be found. Twilight is heartbroken like me but doesn’t know that somebody’s hunting her love down for her. This is just too much to think about I think when a headache starts to come over. I already felt emotionally drained and now my body was taking it’s toll.

Just then it started to rain. Oh great, I thought sourly. Gray clouds covered the once clear blue sky and rain was heavily pouring down, drenching me. Millions of thoughts swarmed through my mind but only one stuck out like a sore thumb.

I need to talk to Twilight Sparkle.

Now.