• Published 6th Feb 2014
  • 611 Views, 6 Comments

EquestriaCraft: The Beginning - Foxes33



Drake doesn't know how he ended up in a strange world. He recognizes the place, but finds himself in the mysterious game of EquestriaCraft. However, he has no idea how terribly dangerous it is.

  • ...
4
 6
 611

Chapter Four

The morning sun shone through the windows, lighting the small house. The light shone though the window closest to Drake, shinning in his eyes. Drake groaned, yawning loudly, the sun irritating his eyes enough to wake him. He hadn't stayed up too late, yet he still wasn't use to wake up at sunrise. He stretched out his body and heard a thud.

"Ow!" Crayton muttered.

Drake peered over the bed side and saw the familiar grey unicorn with a black mane on the floor. Drake soon remembered that he and Crayton were forced to share a small bed. He felt a little bad for pushing Crayton out of bad, yet he couldn't help, but to laugh a little. It was mostly the way Crayton was rubbing his head.

"Sorry," Drake laughed.

Crayton just smiled, "Maybe we should get some supplies. I would prefer not to be pushed out of bed every morning personally, besides, we have hardly any room in that bed as it is."

"Yeah, only if I didn't come on short notice," Drake laughed, sliding out of the bed.

Crayton stood up and walked over to his chest, opening it and peering inside. He rummaged around it for a while. He pulled away from it with a concerned face.

"What's wrong?" Drake sighed, figure there was something to be done.

"Um, we need wool," Crayton answered briefly.

"How much?"

"Two more pieces, but I am still a little tipsy after being hit against a tree," Crayton grumbled.

Drake just nodded, being thankful he wasn't the one who got slammed into a tree by an enderpony. Last night just seeing it made him know it had to hurt. Drake even remembered the loud thunk of Crayton slamming against the stiff tree trunk. He glanced outside, seeing nothing stir about the field. It soothed him to know that another enderpony wasn't waiting for them outside for seeing the creature once was enough for Drake. The heartless purple eyes and dark body was a ghostly combination, especially with the fact it could teleport.

"Well, we have to get started sooner or later and this is the best time to start. We have all day after all," Drake suggested.

Crayton just nodded, opening the chest and grabbing the swords. He tossed Drake the stone one, and he took the iron sword, putting it in his sheath. Drake picked up the sword, setting it against the wall, waiting for Crayton's commands. He turned and noticed Crayton looking at his side. Drake cocked his head, not sure why Crayton was looking at him in a curious way. The eyes of his friend seemed to burn into his side, like what commonly happened when somepony was looking at Drake. He didn't know why, but being looked at in such a way made him nervous.

"What?" Drake asked, trying to get Crayton to stop looking at him.

"Can you fly?" Crayton asked curiously.

Drake slightly unfolded his wings, studying them. They were tanned with pixellated feathers that cascaded downwards making a hollow area for wind to be caught. Drake slight opened his wings, stretching them out for a better view of the feathers. He had never thought about flying this entire time. He didn't even think of his wings for nothing more then helping with balancing. Even before he got trapped here, he hadn't been big on flying. Although he was a pegasus, he was afraid of heights, unless there was solid ground close below his hooves. There was also the fact he wasn't use to this world, even though his feathers had pixellated edges, it seemed so different from the average curved sides he had seen so many times before.

"I never really thought of it," Drake answered.

"Only if you remembered your past, at least then you might be able to fly," Crayton sighed.

Drake's stomach seemed to twist as Crayton reminded him of the lie he had told. It wasn't that long ago, but Drake now felt terrible for lying to Crayton, but he still wasn't ready to tell him. Drake knew or what other ponies had said about lying, that the longer a pony doesn't hear it, the worst it gets. Although he had never thought the theory was true for he had lied to Lily dozens of times and always thought it was funny for her to think he was telling the truth. He felt like this was different, that since this was survival, honesty would be better. He remembered that in some survival cases, you could only a trust a pony by their word, and this was one of those cases. No one in this world would recognize him, thus Crayton couldn't find out the truth and wasn't that safe enough? Drake decided not to tell Crayton, only because he wasn't completely sure about him. For the time being he folded his wings and allowed the guilt of lying to burn inside him.

"Yeah, too bad," Drake agreed.

Crayton smiled at him, "Well you could try, like you never know."

Drake looked at him, "But I don't know how to fly! I don't even remember the basics, if I even learned to fly before this. What is I get hurt?"

Drake didn't want to fly, mostly because he wasn't the best with heights. For a pegasus that was embarrassing, considering they were made to fly. All of this combined caused him not to trust his wings when it came to lifting him high in the sky, so he never did so. Although mocking comments about his lack of flying ability often came his way during school, he would just ignore them and stick by his gamer friends or get absorbed in a book.

"C'mon Drake, do you want me to push you out of the bed? Plus I have saved you from lets see, a zombie, a skeleton and an enderpony," Crayton insisted.

"Hey more like I saved you from that enderpony! You almost got eaten by it!" Drake exclaimed.

"Okay then, but lets see, I did invite you into my house until your able to head home," Crayton smiled mischievously. "And I can also kick you out at any time."

Drake gasped, his mouth gaped for a few seconds. Soon he just frowned and released an annoyed sigh. Crayton had made it impossible for him to argue anymore, he didn't want to be kicked out. This place was his only safety from mobs and probably other ponies in this world! There was also the fact that the only pony he knew well enough to trust was Crayton and getting kicked out would cause a dent on the trust department. Although Drake feared heights, he knew that he had no choice, he didn't want to get kicked out!

"Fine, I will try to fly," he groaned.

Crayton smiled, knowing he had won, "Then its settled, you will try to fly."

Crayton walked out of the door, waiting for Drake. Drake released a sigh and picked up the stone sword, heading outside and onto the deck. He saw the field and guessed that was where he would try to take off. He could already feel the fear entering him.

Its okay, Crayton never said I had to go high, Drake thought trying to sooth himself.

Crayton stood in the middle of the field, still smiling. Drake was still on the deck, frozen in thought, and he couldn't help. He simply breathed in then out, and slowly he walked down the stairs and towards Crayton.

"Well I don't know much about flying being a unicorn and all, but my friend told be it's about rhythm if that helps," Crayton said.

Drake looked up at the sky, his stomach feeling queasy just at the thought of flying. Even the fact Crayton told him didn't help one bit. At home he wouldn't fly that high, not even that high off the ground, maybe slightly to reach a high shelf, but not high at all. He put his stone sword to the side, already well aware it was maybe too heavy to carry while he practiced.

"Do I really have to do this?" Drake groaned.

"Yes," Crayton answered briefly.

Drake took a few seconds trying to think of an objection, but knew none would keep his secret and he would just end up in another lie. Drake didn't make anymore complaints and instead stretched out his wings, motioning them up and down. At first he began slowly and soon began to speed up. Drake then felt himself start to lift off from the ground, his hooves soon floating a few centimeters away from the grass, which was a big deal to Drake. He sped up, rising higher and higher, but as he ascended higher into the sky, the more fear gripped his mind. He kept going higher, however when he was ten blocks off the ground, he was beginning to feel even more scared. Never had he flew this high off the ground! He no longer focused on the rhythm and instead stared at the ground.

Drake went a little higher and soon yelped as his rhythm left and he began to wobble in the air. He soon tried to scramble for the ground, knowing he shouldn't continue, but his wings stiffened and be began to fall. His fear getting a tight grip on Drake as he tried to open his wings, but they seemed frozen where they were. Crayton who was once smiling, began to frown when Drake began to fall.

I'm falling! I'm gonna die! Drake thought, closing his eyes shut.

Drake thrashed in the air, making him flip in the air, his wings soon clinging to his sides and not budging. Eventually Drake gave up and let the wind engulf him while he fell, seeing a dim amount of hope. Crayton however began to act fast, focusing his magic to slow Drake's fast decent from the air. His horn glowed slightly, fizzling and popping. He tried to focus and unfortunately partly failed and Drake hit the ground on his back. However although the impact of the fall was great, Drake was still alive. Drake groaned as soon as the dust settled around him. His back hurt and moving his wings made him wince. He could barely hear footsteps coming towards him over the ringing in his ears that was shortly inaudible.

"Drake! Drake, are you okay?" Crayton asked, as he loomed over Drake.

Drake could feel pain all his back, a few small rocks stabbing into his back. He groaned once again, taking a few minutes to regain his senses. His head hurt and his wings felt a jabbing pain with every movement.

"I... am okay... I think," Drake groaned.

"What happened? You were doing so well," Crayton asked.

"I'm-I'm-I'm," Drake sighed, "I'm afraid of heights."

Crayton just frown and shook his head, "Why didn't you just say something? I wouldn't have insisted if I knew."

At first Drake wasn't sure how to answer Crayton. The embarrassment of admitting his fear of heights made the pit of his stomach ache. He wished he had no need to admit such a thing for the fear embarrassed him quite greatly. Haunting him from the constant teasing and mockery.

"Sorry, but I didn't know what to say. I am meant to fly and yet I am afraid of heights," Drake objected, frowning.

Crayton just smiled, "Listen Drake, I am a unicorn and I don't know any other spells other then levitating."

"What?" Drake said.

Drake was flabbergasted to find out that Crayton only knew one spell. It didn't seem likely, he seemed to knowledgeable, yet he only knew one spell. He had seemed like the kind of pony who would know spells would be useful in his survival, yet he lacked the knowledge of even knowing teleportation. Drake just stood there, surprised to find out the pair they were. A pegasus who was afraid of heights and a unicorn who only knew one spell.

"You heard me, I only know levitating. I am also not that strong with my magic, as you can tell," Crayton laughed.

Drake nodded in agreement. It was clear Crayton wasn't very strong with magic, the pain in his wings proved it. Crayton extended his hoof and assisted Drake back to his hooves. When Drake was on his hooves he winced, his wings hurting the most. They had taken a lot of the impact off his back and slightly his head, making them a little damaged. There were a few cuts on his wings from rocks that had jabbed into them. The rocks tore the skin slightly, only allowing a sliver of crimson blood to appear, nothing a little attention couldn't handle.

"You still able to move?" Crayton asked.

"Yeah," Drake groaned,"But it hurts a lot."

"Then we will take it easy, we won't go far," Crayton suggested.

Drake moved slowly, following Crayton. His back felt sore from the fall and the slightest movement of his wings made him wince, but every time he thought of that, he thought how Crayton nearly got killed by an enderpony and kept moving. He had even gotten up after being attacked by the creature. Drake struggled to keep up with Crayton as he entered the forest, mostly from the weight of the stone sword he held. Crayton looked at him, a concerned look on his face.

"Maybe you should rest, I don't think you should be moving after an injury like that," Crayton suggested, re-thinking his plans.

"No, I am fine, I can move," Drake objected.

Crayton stopped, and glared, "Don't be stubborn, I can tell your struggling, just think how long I have been out here. I have seen travelers with less say something."

"I am fine," Drake muttered, continuing to move along.

"Drake, c'mon, if you don't stop, it might get worst," Crayton added, catching up quickly. "A few minutes ago you said you think so, well I think your hurt."

Drake rolled his eyes. "Crayton, I am fine."

Crayton just shook his head, a little irritated. "Well don't come complaining if you get worst."

Drake just shrugged while Crayton took lead. They traveled through the forest in silence, both irritated by the other. Drake somewhat regretted saying he was fine. His whole back would erupt in pain every time he took a step forward. Making him lag quite far behind Crayton. He didn't bother asking him to slow down, he knew that he wouldn't be happy hearing that, instead he urged himself forward. Attempting to catch up to Crayton, but unfortunately Drake stumbled and failed at catching up. Crayton turned his head and groaned as he stopped, allowing Drake to catch up.

"Thank Notch that it isn't worst," he grumbled.

Drake lifted his head and looked at Crayton. Drake had heard of Notch many times, him being the infamous creator of his favorite game. He thought for a second, and figured that Notch was possibly the supposed God of EquestriaCraft. However knew that it was pointless for he knew practically nothing about this world, other then the small tidbits Crayton had told him.

"Notch?" Drake asked, hoping to get more information.

"Really?" Crayton laughed.

He soon began to howler when he saw Drake's serious face. Drake just felt embarrassed now to even ask the question, even if he "lost" his memory. It made him wonder how famous Notch was in this world.

"I can't believe it, you must have hit your head or something. Anyways, Notch is the creator of Craftia and is the main god. There is only one other important one in god history though," Crayton explained.

Drake cocked his head, "Who exactly?"

"Herobrine," Crayton answered briefly.

Drake was surprised at what this world had stirred up once again. He had heard of the mythical human-like mob that was believed to rule the nether and be pure evil. Yet, he didn't exist in EquestriaCraft, while at least that was what was believed. There were gamers who claimed to see the mistake that was accidentally added into the game, but they were never believed, there were mod packs, but the creature never truly existed.

"Herobrine?" Drake asked, hoping to get some sort of story.

"Yeah, he gained his powers mysteriously and was believed to have always had been a unicorn. Since he was considered godly, he thought he should have earned wings. However every story I heard states Notch denied granting him wings, making him only half a god. In the end Herobrine stalked off, and wasn't heard much of after that. I don't know the full story myself, but a priest would," Crayton explained the best he could.

"How do you know he is real?" Drake asked.

"I don't," Crayton answered simply.

Crayton looked up through the trees and sighed. It was getting dark and they would be forced to head back to the house.

"We have to head back," Crayton groaned.

Drake could tell that he was very happy with finding nothing in the forest. Just two more pieces of wool and they wouldn't have to attempt once again to share a cramp bed. With a failed hunt they would have to stalk through the trees once again in hopes of not being attacked by any mobs. During this time Drake just followed Crayton, not bothering to make a conversation.

So they do exist in Cratia, I guess. Well I guess I don't know this world as well as I thought. I am doomed if I don't learn more. I have only seen three mobs, and no more. I just have to hope I can pry more out of Crayton.

"Hey Crayton, is there anything else I should know about Cratia?" Drake asked.

Crayton stopped and turned his head, "Umm, I don't think so."

"Also, one more question," Drake said, "Why do you live out here and not in a town?"

"I am just better off on my own, that's all," Crayton answered in a grim voice, not explaining his past.

Drake just decided to be quiet, he remembered what happened a few times when he pushed for answers. This was something that may involve his past and Crayton didn't seem to keen on wanting to explain his past. He knew that he would long to knew why Crayton showed a great hatred in telling his past, but he didn't push. Drake just frowned and followed Crayton, his back still a little sore and his wings lesser then before also. They soon returned back home, seeing as they hadn't traveled very far. They went into the house, and the moon was already up.

"To be honest, I am willing to sleep on the floor so I don't get pushed off the bed again," Crayton laughed.

Drake smiled, "Well you might end up there in the morning again anyways."