• Published 2nd Feb 2014
  • 1,558 Views, 3 Comments

Too Many Mane Sixes - JusSonic



An alternative version of 'Too Many Pies'. We know that too many of Pinkie Pie is a bad thing, but what happens when the rest of the Mane Six get clones of their own?

  • ...
23
 3
 1,558

Chapter 1: The Pond

Chapter 1: The Pond

It was nighttime in Ponyville. As Luna works her magic throughout that time, ponies are either sleeping, working late or doing some night activities. In fact, one activity is happening right now at the Golden Oaks Library, where Princess Twilight and her family lives at.

Two Royal Guards are up front, on guard to keep out any uninvited visitors (Twilight has been getting a lot of fans due to her being crowned princess and all that). But the two weren't good enough as they fail to catch a shadowy figure sneaking by them...and entering through a window of the house.

Inside the library, the figure goes to something that is covered by a sheet...then removes the latter. This is the Universal Viewer which Twilight and her friends use to see other universe. The visitor smiles as she prepares to activate the thing...

But then the lights came on as Twilight, wide awake and in her night robe, frowns while saying, "Pinkie!" The visitor known as Pinkie Pie, zips around, being caught in the act.

"Oh, hi Twilight," Pinkie exclaims to Twilight with a smile.

"Pinkie, what are you doing here? It's 2 in the morning."

"I know...but I wanna do something!"

"Can't it wait until morning?" Twilight ask Pinkie with a frown. The mare is obviously a bit sleepy, apparently thanks to the pink pony's intrusion. The alicorn glances at the Universal Finder, realizing that her friend is doing. "Let me guess, you want to look into a universe, right?"

"Yep! I was doing some thinking, about the Mirror Pool and the clone thing...remember that?" Pinkie asks, reminding Twilight about the incident with the Pinkie Pie clones.

"How could I forget? So?"

"So I was wondering...what if I wasn't the only one using the Mirror Pool? What if the rest of us Mane Six did too? And to try to help with our activities; let me have a show, pleeeeeease? I promise to not wake you up and will leave when I'm done."

The tired state is getting to Twilight but she sighs while saying, "Fine, okay...one show and you go home. But keep the noise level down, okay? Ben, Nyx, Spike and Phobos are still sleeping."

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." Pinkie said with a smile as she did the Pinkie Promise to keep the noise level down to let Princess Twilight and her family get some sleep.

Twilight yawns as she uses her magic to activate the thing then speaks into the speaker, "Machine? Pinkie wants to know what if the rest of us as well as her uses the Mirror Pool. What then?"

As the machine came to life, Twilight flew back upstairs while Pinkie sat down, drink and popcorn in hoof as the show starts....

---------

The Everfree Forest is creepy and spooky as usual. Only a few ponies would dare to come through its haunted place...all but a group of ponies led by an excited pink pony who wants to show them something.

"Honestly, Pinkie, what is it that you want to show us?" Rarity asks Pinkie puzzled and concerned.

"And why does it feel so creepy and spooky?" Fluttershy ask nervously as the group trots into a patch of steadily thickening mist and tangled vines. Pinkie claims to have an idea that could help her hang out with her friends more.

"Well, that's because no pony has been in here in ages." Pinkie explains to her friends. "Oh, I sure hope that I remember the rhymes right from my Nana Pinkie's story."

"What are the rhymes?" Rainbow asks Pinkie, getting bored. "And can you make it quick? I got a lot of hanging to do."

"Yew an' yew hanging," Applejack remarks to Rainbow then turns back to her friend. "Go ahead, Pinkie Pie, tell us."

"Let's see...'Where the brambles are thickest, there you will find…'a pond beyond the most twisted of vines.'." Pinkie yelps as her last words echo in the stillness, "Eeeek! What was that?! I heard a voice!!"

"Pinkie; that was you," Twilight giggles to Pinkie, making her calm down.

"Oh, it was me. Tee hee!"

"So, Pinkie Pie..." Rarity then yelps as the underground that the ponies pull through is making it difficult to get through. "...if you need to be with us more than..."

"Ouch, owie; Stop scratching, you brambles; stop..." Suddenly Pinkie stops as she realizes that the mare...is no longer above the ground. The pink pony made her legs as she screams, "Whooooooaaaaa!"

Twilight gasps as she grabs Pinkie's tail but she fell in with her. The others tried to grab them but they all fell in as well. Everyone scream as they fell down a newly discovered hole. The ponies rattle through a long, twisting tunnel like some sort of pinball game. Soon they all fell down a natural ramp, arriving in a high-ceilinged cavern before landing on their bellies.

The Mane Six groans as they got up with Fluttershy groaning, "Oh dear..."

"That was...AWESOME!" Rainbow exclaims excitedly. "Let's do that again!"

"No, Rainbow." Applejack snaps to Rainbow sternly. "So where 'de Sam Hill is this place?"

"OH, we're here!" Pinkie exclaims happily as she points right in front of her. The ponies saw a small pool in front of them, not a single bubble or ripple disturbs the water's surface. "It's the Mirror Pool!"

"Mirror what?" Twilight ask puzzled. "I think you mentioned it before but never describe it fully. So what's the big deal?"

"According to lesson...the Mirror Pool has the power to make doubles! To activate it, just look at the reflection and say these words...'and into her own reflection she stared…Yearning for one whose reflection she shared, and solemnly sweared not to be scared…At the prospect of being doubly mared!' Then you step into the pool's surface and when you came out, a being which is your reflection turns into a clone of the pony."

"Oh, so it's like Changelings but without the evil and the love sucking."

"Yep," Pinkie exclaims happily to her friends. "Why, with it, I can be with you girls whenever I want to."

"You know...it would be cool if we use the Mirror Pool to help ourselves." Rainbow said thoughtfully to herself. "I mean, I can make my own set of Wonderbolts!"

"Yes, and with some Raritys, I can have some polite friends for once." Rarity said with a thoughtful look.

"An' we can expand 'de Apple Family an' if mah big brother gits hurt, Ah won't go through 'de Applebucking incident again." Applejack remarks eagerly. Imagine all the help she can get so she won't cause more trouble like the first time that the Earth pony stubbornly refuses to get help.

"And well...I could use more of me to help with the animals." Fluttershy said quietly, "Twilight...how about you?"

"Well, as much as I would love to have more of me, I think we should remember that this Mirror Pool was Pinkie's idea and how she wanted to use it." Twilight explains to her friends who understand the methods. "But...we may end up having too many Pinkie Pies to handle."

"Awww," Pinkie said while looking down. Her friend Twilight doesn't want her to use the Mirror Pool. How can she spend more time with her friends now?

"Look, Pinkie, I only saying that we should use the pool for emergency uses only; I mean, we can't go crazy with this thing."

"Yes, I supposed that does make sense." Rarity said in agreement. A lot of Pinkie Pies could be troubling. Perhaps it's best to use the pool for emergency uses.

"Shucks, 'dat makes sense." Applejack remarked. "Besides, Ah done don't need help wit' Applebucking just yet."

"Awww, I don't want to make the Wonderbolts upset with the competition...and I'm sure Fluttershy is doing fine right now, right?" Rainbow asks Fluttershy who nods a bit.

Pinkie pauses then nods a bit, saying, "Yeah, I suppose you may be right. Let's Pinkie Promise to only use the Mirror Pool for emergency uses only! That way, we won't be overdoing it."

The other Mane Six ponies agreed, doing the Pinkie Promise so that they won't overdo the whole thing. After memorizing the location, the gang leaves to do their own thing. They figure that they themselves won't need the Mirror Pool right now, right?

What will happen next may be a big problem...

-----------

Later that day, Applejack walked back to her farm in Sweet Apple Acres.

"Well, back 'ta 'de salt mines." Applejack said with a nod. Of course, as she heads to the barn, the mare notices Big Macintosh loading up some stuff into the wagon, "Hey, whatcha doing?"

"Oh, Applejack. There you are, mind giving me a hoof?" Granny Smith asks as she held up a suitcase to Applejack. The mare threw it into the wagon.

"So what's wit' 'de wagon pulling?" Applejack asked her grandmother curiously.

"Awww, Braeburn needs some help with some apple harvest duty. So Big Mac and I are heading to Appleloosa to help him out," Granny Smith explains to Applejack with a shrug.

"Eeyup," Big Macintosh remarks in agreement.

"Oh, right, so it would be just me an' Apple Bloom?" Applejack asked Granny Smith with a nod.

"Actually, no, your sister is coming with us. Most of the family throughout Equestria is helping out." Granny Smith explains. "Now you got a lot of chores to do while we're gone."

Applejack's eyes widen as she saw the chores that needs to be done...which normally can be done in a day with three helpers! The mare got a lot to do but it may take a while to get the task done.

"Aww, horse feathers," Applejack groans a bit. This may be a bit difficult...

----------

Rainbow flew to the weather place. She got a job to do involving the weather today. The mare picks up some orders and glances at them.

"Whoa, we got a lot of jobs concerning the weather." Rainbow remarks in concern. She looks around and saw only Derpy, "Derpy? Where's the rest of the Pegasi?"

"Oh, hey Rainbow Dash. I came in to get a muffin." Derpy said happily as she picks up a muffin on a plate nearby. "As for the other Pegasi, there is a flu going around so many can't make it until they get better."

"What," Rainbow gasps in shock and alarm. "But we got a lot of jobs concerning the weather! I need all the help that I can get!"

"Well, I can help if you want." Derpy said goofily. Rainbow shudders a bit. Nothing against Derpy, but letting her help out in the weather is like asking a Dragon to guard a pile of jewels at a bank.

"No, no, Derpy, I will find another way." Rainbow said to Derpy with a sigh. The mare got to find another way to work with the weather, but this is a Tartarus lot of work!

--------------------------------------

Sweetie enters a room in the Carousel Baroque. The filly needs help on her homework. She speaks, "Rarity? I need to know..."

Sweetie looks up to see a very silly sight: Rarity is rushing to do some touches on some dresses and model works. Weird, the mare appears to be under a lot of stress.

"Let's see. Um... a bit of this, and a little bit of that," Rarity said a bit quickly as she rushed, "Ohh, what does this need? Umm... maybe this; No, no, maybe that."

"Rarity," Sweetie asks puzzled. She trots up to her sister and taps her on the shoulder, "Sis?"

Rarity screams as if the devil just grabbed her. The white unicorn collides with some supplies, causing them to fell to the ground. She turns around then sighs upon hearing her sister, "Goodness! Sweetie Belle, don't you ever do that to me again!"

"Sorry, sis. What are you doing?" Sweetie asks her sister, noticing how Rarity is being bounded with work.

"Oh, I got some dresses and model works...but there is so much that I can't keep up." Rarity said while working on a model. "I got a lot of orders so you can imagine the dress that I'm in."

"Can I help?" Sweetie asks Rarity hopefully.

Rarity cringes a bit, knowing how her sister's habit of help...may not be helpful. The unicorn said, "As much as I appreciate the offer, I can do this, Sweetie Belle."

"I don't know. You may need some help with this." Sweetie said in concern. Her sister looks like she could drop at any given moment.

"I can do this, I..." Rarity cringes as she fell to the floor. "Okay, maybe I do need some help..."

Rarity may as well face it; the unicorn can't do this all by herself. She needs some help.

-----------------

Fluttershy is having trouble of her own. The poor mare is helping a lot of animals, there are hundreds that ventured too close to the Everfree Forest and were attacked by Timberwolves.

"Hang on, hang on, I'm coming." Fluttershy said as she put some bandages on some mice. "Angel, can you get me some carrots for the rabbits?"
Angel nodded in reply as he went off to get the carrots.

"Oh dear, hang on. I'm coming." Fluttershy said flying to some birds who are limping a bit. "Oh dear, there are so many here."

Angel has trouble bringing carrots because the bunny has to dodge the bears. He grunts a bit. This is getting a bit more difficult.

"Oh, I am not sure if I can handle this by myself." Fluttershy said with a sigh. There are a lot of animals here. "Do you think that I need help, Angel?"

Angel frowns as he nods. Fluttershy may be good in taking care of animals but there are too many of her to take care of here.

"You're right. If only I get some help." Fluttershy said with a sad sigh.

---------------------

Pinkie hums happily as she goes into Sugarcube Corner, bouncing and getting some party supplies lately.

"Oh boy, I wonder if there's parties today!" Pinkie exclaims happily as she took out of 'Party of Booked Parties' book. The pink pony probably got a few parties to work at.

But Pinkie yelps in surprise as she saw a sigh: she has booked her schedule to perform parties for not just in Ponyville, but practically those in Cloudsdale to Canterlot. She has a lot of places to go to now!

"Yikes! I scheduled a lot of parties today!" Pinkie exclaims in a panic. The time to travel is too wide a gorge to jump. "Oh, I don't want to upset a lot of ponies if I am late or cancelled...but I can't be everywhere at once!"

Pinkie stops to think. She can't be everywhere at once...or can she?

-----------------------------

"Well, we're home, Twiley." Ben Mare said as he, Nyx and the Dragons came back after a fun time. The four came in and saw an unusual sight. There's Twilight reading some books as best as she can, "Twilight?"

"Mommy, whatcha doing?" Nyx ask her mother in concern. Twilight is looking through a lot of books like mad.

"Oh, Twilight is given the assignment of studying a lot of books in the library to know them by heart." Spike explains to Nyx with a shrug.

"Not so good, ain't ya?" Phobos laughs a bit making Twilight sighs a bit.

"I am doing my best...but I can't organize them and perform the spells at the same time! Plus, I gotta perform some experiments of spells." Twilight explains. The mare yelps as an explosion is occurred, "Awww, hay feathers!"

"Wow, do you need help, Twilight?" Ben ask his filly-friend in concern. "This sounds like too big an assignment to do by yourself."

"No, no. Your mother, the princess, gave this task. I will try to finish it...though it's difficult to do the task by myself."

"Yeah, a lot of assignments can be a pain." Phobos remarks as he and Nyx head upstairs to put their newly found stuff away.

"If you need help, mommy, we will be here." Nyx said to Twilight gently.

"You sure you don't need help from us?" Ben asks Twilight in concern. "We don't mind giving you some help."

"I'm fine, Ben, go ahead." Twilight insists, waving a hoof of dismissal to Ben. The stallion shrugs as he heads upstairs. Only Spike is the only one remaining with the mare. "Oh, who am I kidding? It would take a miracle to get all this job done. I can't do it by myself."

"Well, too bad you don't have another you around. That would've been easier." Spike remarks as he heads into the kitchen to make himself a snack. What the baby Dragon said made his adopted sister think thoughtfully.

"'Another me around...'"

-------

Twilight returns to the Everfree Forest, trotting through the area. The unicorn has memorized where the location of the Mirror Pool is at so she has no trouble in finding it. The task is simple: Twilight is makes a few clones of herself to help with her assignment. It shouldn't be hard. The pool was to be used for emergencies only, right?

Twilight found the hole and jumps in, sliding down and returning to the pool. But upon arrival, the mare saw a familiar cowpony there already.

"Applejack," Twilight exclaims, making Applejack jumps and turns upon seeing her.

"Oh, Twilight; Hee hee; Fancy running into yew here," Applejack said to Twilight nervously. "Ah done was doing some walking an'..."

"Applejack, you're the Element of Honesty. That makes you the worst liar ever. Tell me, what are you doing here?"

"Well...err...say, what are YEW doing here?"

Before Twilight could answer, the mare heard more screaming coming from the tunnel. She and Applejack turns and saw the rest of the Mane Six sliding down, entering the Mirror Pool.

"Rainbow Dash; Pinkie Pie; Rarity; Fluttershy," Twilight ask her friends in surprise and suspicion.

"Oh hey Twilight," Rainbow said to Twilight sheepishly. "What a coincidence...bumping into you..."

"And Applejack here," Rarity said as she and the other ponies got up to their hooves, the white unicorn spots the frowning cowpony nearby. "We were..."

"Well, uh...see, how do we explain this?" Fluttershy ask Twilight, looking at her hooves in concern.

"Confess, girls. You came to use the Mirror Pool...did you?" Twilight ask her friends suspiciously.

"Well, uh...yes."

"Okay, you caught me. I came here to use the Mirror Pool as well." Rainbow said, giving a look of guilt and concern on her face.

"Yes, I do too." Rarity said with a sigh of concern. "I can't lie to you, my good friend."

"Yep! Came here for the pool too," Pinkie exclaims while bouncing up and down. "And when I found my good friends, I knew that they want to use the pool too. We all Pinkie Promise to use it for emergencies so we came here and found you two..."

"All right, all right, it's true. Ah came here 'ta use 'de pool too." Applejack remarks with a sigh of defeat. "What about yew?"

"Well, err...okay, okay. It's true; I came here for the Mirror Pool as well." Twilight groans. She may as well fess up, there's no other way of explaining her presence. "But only for an emergency! I need help with studying, performing magic..."

"Well, what do yew know! Ah done come here fer emergencies too! Only its fer mah farm work as mah family is going elsewhere so Ah done ended up doing it alone!"

"And the Pegasus ponies got sick so I need extras of myself for the weather." Rainbow explains her presence to her friends.

"And I need help with my dresses, model works and some orders that I need help with." Rarity explains to her friend with a nod.

"Well...I got a lot of animals that need my attention...and felt like more of me can do the job...if that's okay." Fluttershy said, backing away a bit meekly.

"And I got a lot of parties! And I need all the Pinkie Pies that I can get!" Pinkie explains to her friends. The others went silent. They all came here, needing some clones of themselves to help with their problems.

"Okay, we all know the drill. Pinkie Pie; Can you show us how the pool works?" Twilight ask Pinkie curiously. "It was your idea in the first place."

"Okie dokie lokie! Like I said before..." Pinkie said as she came over to the Mirror Pool to show her friends how it's done, "'Yearning for one whose reflection she shared, and solemnly sweared not to be scared…At the prospect of being doubly mared'."

Pinkie dives into the Mirror Pool. When she came out, her friends gasp in amazement as a copy of herself is made.

"Wow!" The ponies exclaim impressed at what happened.

"Uh, hi," The clone Pinkie ask confused while wondering where she's at.

"Let me try! 'Yearning for one whose reflection she shared, and solemnly sweared not to be scared…At the prospect of being doubly mared'," Rainbow exclaims as she steps into the pool. Once the Pegasus pony comes out, a copy of herself appears. "Cool!"

"Double 20% Awesome!" The clone Rainbow exclaims with a smile. The Mirror Pool has indeed work!

"Okay, here's the plan. I will go next, then Rarity, Fluttershy and Applejack." Twilight explains to her friends as to what is going to happen. "Then if we need more help, you know what to do, but let's try not to overdo it."

"Sure thing, sugar cube," Applejack said with a nod, "Ah just need 'de help o' mahselves enough 'ta git 'de chores done."

"And it would be fabulous to have more polite ponies to be with." Rarity said, smiling at the idea of more copies of herself.

"And more of me...sound nice." Fluttershy said with a smile while nodding.

Twilight smiles as she repeat the same chant while going into the pool, coming out with another clone. Rarity, Fluttershy and Applejack did the same thing with more clones. Soon the ponies begin making more clones, enough to get what they need done.

The friends figures that they will get all the help that they themselves will need to fix their problems. But what the Mane Six doesn't know of the madness that they will about to release on Ponyville.

Author's Note:

Looks like the Mirror Pool is being used by our pony friends; In the next chapter, things turn out well at first...but then things goes out of control with the clones. Read, review and suggest!