• Published 29th Jan 2014
  • 1,278 Views, 11 Comments

Discord's Apple Surprise - cheesemeister



Discord's attempt to thank the Apples for their hospitality has surprising results.

  • ...
1
 11
 1,278

Helpful Discord

Discord proved to be a great help to the family. His horn made an excellent corer, and his claw was the perfect peeler and slicer. He was strong and fast, and the family was able to squeeze the cider twice as quickly with his help. Even Applejack had to admit that she was impressed.

“Discord, we got everything done in double time this year!” she declared. “Heck, if we had double the apples, we could make double the profits! Don’t y’all think so, Big Mac?”

“Eeyup,” Big Macintosh agreed.

“Well, there is some empty land up on the North Forty,” Granny Smith said. “Discord, if we can depend on your help during the coming years, I see no reason why we shouldn’t go ahead and plant there. That many more apples would have been overwhelming in the past, but you, my friend, are a slicing, dicing, squashing machine! Can we count on you?”

“Granny, you certainly can!” Discord promised. “I will core and slice and dice and smash each and every apple to perfection. Your family will harvest the rewards—and so will I!”

Discord raised his glass of cider in a toast. His heart was full of joy, and his mind was full of ideas. He genuinely wanted to help the friends who had done so much to make him feel like he was a part of their family.

The next day, Discord took the bags of apple seeds to the barn. He opened the bags.

“I love apples, indeed I do!” he said. “But they only come in three colors. That gets a little boring. I think that the only thing that could make the apples better would be if they came in as many colors as there are in the rainbow, and more! Oh, I am a genius!”

Discord sprinkled the seeds with his Magic Surprise Dust.

“Even I don’t know how these will turn out,” he chuckled gleefully. “Oh, I do love surprises! I think the Apple family will too, when their rainbow colored apples bring in more gold than a simple Golden Delicious ever could!”