• Published 2nd Feb 2014
  • 1,011 Views, 10 Comments

The Cyberdog - Emerald Shield



Discord is defeated! Everybody is happy! But when a strange comet crash lands in the heart of the Everfree forest, things don't go as expected, so follow the story of Uriah! For he is the Cyberdog!

  • ...
15
 10
 1,011

Ch.2 The start of something new

Author's Note:

I know I've been getting more dislikes than likes, but somebody once said 'don't cancel a story just because it has a rough start' I'm going to follow that advice and stubbornly continue with this

Emerald Shield out

The next morning
"You did what!?" Captain Spear yelled at princess Celestia.

"Me and my sister are letting Uriah stay here in the castle" Celestia repeated calmly from her throne.

"But! Why are you letting that... That monster stay here!?" Spear yelled again.

"We presume he lost his memory in the crash and until he gets his memory back, if ever, we're letting him stay here, right?"

"What do you mean right!?"

"She was talking to me" Uriah said walking, on his hind legs, out of a shadow in the corner of the throne room.

"Indeed I was" Celestia confirmed.

"Oh and Celestia" Uriah said again, Celesita nodded. "What you just said is not completely right, I have lost my memory as in childhood memories, but I do, strangely enough, remember certain, how shall we say, designs and my name, obviously. Oh and I know that, although there are no Cyberdogs on this planet, there are still humans that have certain special powers. Because Celestia and Luna, when we walked back to the castle, told me that humans sometimes have a special power, like Celestia has control over the sun, Luna over the moon. Them telling that to me led me to try and see if I had any special powers to speak of, and guess what, I do! Do you know what I can do?" Uriah said to and asked Spear.

"No, no I do not" Spear said trembling a little.

"I have the power to create and alter inanimate matter" Uriah explained as a highly modified revolver materialized in his right front paw in a black haze. "Do you know what this is?" Uriah asked.

Spear shook his head.

"The designs in my head call this a revolver. Do you know what it does?"

Spear shook his head again.

"It fires brass bullets at several times the speed of sound"

It took Spear a moment to process what he just said. "What! But that would revolutionize the weapon industry! Give it here!" Spear eventually yelled as he ran at Uriah.

Uriah simply aimed it at him. "Tsk tsk tsk, I don't think so. You see, I remember a rule, a rule of interstellar travel, don't mess with the technological advancements of whatever planet you reside on" He said cooly as the revolver dematerialized to dust just before Spear reached him.

"But, but why!? If you give us your technology we could save hundreds, thousands of people!" Spear yelled at him.

"Two words: da rules" Uriah said with a chuckle that sounded a bit to dark for Spear's taste.

But! But! Fine! But if somebody dies because the technology isn't good enough you'll have blood on your hands!" Spear yelled as he stormed out of the throne room.

"Paws!" Uriah yelled after him as he dropped back on all fours.

"Is there really such a rule?" Celestia asked.

"No, I just don't like that guy" Uriah said chuckling.

"Hmm. I've been meaning to ask you something, how do you even talk? You don't have lips" She asked.

"I actually don't know" He replied.

"Well then, do you think you could make something to disguise yourself, if somebody saw something looking as... Hellish as you do walking trough the corridors then they would probably faint" Celestia asked.

"Sure I can, I just need some time to make the necessary calculations" Uriah replied.

"Okay then, I will make sure you have a room to stay in, is that alright with you?"

"Sure"

And with that they went their separate ways, Celestia had to go to court, and Uriah was on his way to explore the forest some more.

(One month later)

"Come on Uriah concentrate!" Luna yelled at Uriah, who was currently wearing his disguise.

His disguise was a well built eight foot man with backwards spiked silver hair and radioactive green eyes, his clothes consisted of simple blue jeans (which he made himself), a golden shirt (a gift of Celestia) and a midnight blue raincoat (a gift of Luna), he wore black boots, and was of the Earthbound tribe. He also had a holster on his right hip with a revolver in it, as it was his weapon of choice. The things that were holding up his disguise where a series of steel, chain less shackles inlaid with enchanted gems on his wrists and ankles, the shackles where bound to his skin.

Uriah was currently holding his right hand up at about chest hight and it was balled in a fist, it was also glowing with a faint silver aura. About two weeks ago he had gone to Luna for magic lessons, he had seen her and her sister use magic often, and he wanted to learn it as well, now you might say 'only mages and unified ones can use magic' no, every flyer and earthbound with enough will can use magic, the problem is that only Celestia and Luna know how to do it in that fashion.

Uriah was a much faster learner then the two of them could have expected, he quickly mastered all forms of basic magic within one week, they took a small break after that, and three days ago they started with the more advanced forms of magic, that is where they still are now, the beginning, teleportation, Uriah just couldn't get the hang of teleporting.

"I'm trying, but if you yell at me all the damn time I can't!" Uriah yelled back, Luna didn't even flinch at his harsh language, he had been doing that all the time the past three days.

"Language won't get you anywhere! Concentrate!" Luna replied sternly.

Uriah just grumbled as he closed his eyes again and concentrated on the throne room, which is the place they decided on using as the place he would teleport to, it was quite some distance away as they were currently in the castle courtyard. The glow on his hand brightened and eventually there was a flash-pop and he was gone, he reappeared in the middle of the throne room... about fifteen feet to high. He fell on the ground flat on his back, effectively knocking the air out of him.

"Finally! I did it!" Uriah yelled happily as he held his fist up in the air. When he opened his eyes he came face to face with two solar guards.

"Halt! Why are you here!" The guards yelled in synch.

"It's okay guards, he is a friend" Celestia said with a smile from her usual spot on her throne.

The guards reluctantly obeyed.

"Thanks Tia" Uriah said with a sheepish smile on his face as he stood up.

"It's nothing really, guards could you leave us alone for a while?" Celestia said in a commanding tone. The guards, once again, reluctantly obeyed. Once they were gone Celestia literarily jumped out of her throne and walked towards Uriah, and then proceeded to wrap him in a bone crushing hug.

"Tia... I Can't... Breath" He wheezed out.

"I'm so proud of you! You learned how to teleport!" Celestia squealed out whilst not letting go of him.

"Tia? You're strangling him" Luna asked appearing behind us.

"Oh right sorry" Celestia said letting Uriah go, he dropped on the ground gasping for breath.

"Thanks Luna, I could see my arguably short life flashing before my very eyes" Uriah joked dramatically.

"Very funny Uriah, very funny" Luna said.

"So what's next?" Uriah asked.

"Sleep, don't get me wrong teaching you magic is fun and all, but I'm still mostly nocturnal" Luna replied.

"Oh, okay then" He said, looking a little crestfallen.

"Don't worry, we'll continue tonight" Luna reassured him. Uriah smiled at that.

"Why don't you go on another run through the forest, I know you love those" She continued with a small smile.

"Yeah I think I'll do that, see you later" Uriah said as he tried to teleport away, he ended up about twenty feet in the air, and fell flat on his back... Again. "I'm alright" He grunted as he walked out of the door.

"He's certainly something isn't he?" Luna asked.

"Yes he certainly is" Celestia replied with a small smile.

A couple minutes later in the forest

Running, that was the only thing going trough the disguise-less Uriah as he leaped over fallen trees, weaved through still standing ones, and was just generally having a great time. Then out of nowhere a clearing in the forest appeared, it was massive, an easy hundred and fifty feet across, and at the end a massive rock stood, about three foot in diameter. A smirk came to Uriah's face as he reached the halfway point of the field, he then drove his front paws into the ground extra hard causing him to topple over them, when he was flipped over with his back to the ground two miniature jet engines materialized on his back and then they activated, causing him to stay in the position with his back to the ground, and surge forward with his left hind leg retracted and his right hind one stretched out. When his right hind paw made contact with the rock, he completely shattered it as he went straight through, the jet engines dematerialized as he flipped over and landed on all fours, and slid forth a couple more feet.

He only said one more thing after that. "Awesome" and with that he ran back to the castle.