• Published 27th Jan 2014
  • 564 Views, 20 Comments

Bitter Sweetness - Zuzanna



Sweetie Belle finds herself in a dream-like universe, perfect enough to be imperfect, to find somepony that she truly does miss.

  • ...
2
 20
 564

Fantasy Choices

Let's see... trying to focus... Ah, yes... "Ow... my head..."
I sit up as I rub my eyes squinting. I have absolutely no idea where I am right now. This definitely isn't like the dreams I've had before - not at all, in fact - but... why does it feel like a dream?
"Hello? Is... is anyone there?"

I look around cautiously. "Where... where am I? Where is this place?"
"Oh, you don't need to know that," whispered a mysteriously unfamiliar voice.
I jerked back at the sudden whispers in my ear, and turn around to see nopony.

I'm in some sort of grove... or a cave... like, a garden - I'm not sure...
There are glowing blue flowers lining a path I cannot see, birds chirping in the night I cannot hear.
"I know why you're here," said the voice, a little more forgiving, but still with a tone that would be less forgiving than anything I think I've ever heard.
"You... you do?" I asked, curling back shyly.
"Why, haha - of course," it laughed, "How else would you repay us for what you've done?"
I winced slightly at it's use of us.
What could it - or she - mean by us? Are there others? Is she like Luna, whom once spoke with royal language that's older than all the books in Twilight's library?

"We are the Reality Moon, and we would thank you - but we cannot. We want vengeance, and we have no other way to do it. Within you is all the power we could ever ask for, and now, we shall take it. Sisters, arise!"
I gasped. Reality Moon... So it is true... whatever that was.

The ground started to shake. Loose rocks from above tumbled down, careful to avoid me. out of the ground, appeared a figure - like a pony, sort of, at least. It was like a wood pony, with green glowing leaves and thick, sap-like veins around it. I looked around to see several others, as well. Spriggans. I've heard of them, perhaps in books or old mare's tales, but I had never expected to see one, or in this case, several, in real life, especially in a situation like that.

Five of them were spread almost evenly across the room. Out of the mist appeared a fancier-looking spriggan, whom was a bit bigger as well. "We are the Commanders of Nature, and thy princess has summoned us, as the call of nature requests."
I stared at her with wide eyes.
"So... so you're spriggans?" I asked, even though I sorta already knew the answer.
"Yes, I guess you could say that," whispered the one behind me.
"A disturbance in nature has occurred, I'm afraid."
I looked down at my hooves, then back up at the marvelous creatures. "And I'm here... why?"
The head spriggan looked me in the eye. "My name is Myra, and I am the leader of the Commanders. You are here because we know you are the only one who can help us... and we know there is something you need as well."

I raised an eyebrow. "And what would that be?"
Myra sighed. "We need you to help us with a certain mission - that is - since you are the only other one who knows the depths of the Land of Dreams-"
I interrupted her. "How did you know about the land of dreams? Is... is there something you know that I don't?"
Another spriggan trotted up to Myra and looked me in the eye. "Yes, now can we please, just get this over with? I was once a pony like you, but I got trapped in the land of dreams - Just the same dream, over and over again... And because of those dreams, I sent someone I loved into devastation. I met these ponies, and together we seek vengeance against the creators of the dream realm... those who have trapped and diminished the ones we cherish, and together we will find them - so what do you say, filly, come and join us."

I shut my eyes tightly. I breathed in, slowly. "I... I really want my sister, but... I don't want to be like this - I don't want to be a Commander of Nature, or a spriggan pony! I just want to live a normal life, with my friends, and my family... My answer is no... I'm sorry..."
"Then so be it," Myra smirked, "After all, if you can't help us, we can't help you. Isn't that right girls? So since you refuse to help us, we have no choice but to be on our way."
She flicked her chartreuse tail and left with the other spriggans, and disappeared back into the earth with them.

I felt cold vines starting to wrap around my hooves.
Shaking them off, I looked up.
I guess I'm on my own now.


I lay still in a bed in the castle suite, mind you the same one Rarity once stayed in, trying to piece together what had happened. I started to wonder if my parents cared about the situation, or if they were even aware of it.

After all, my mother is always working and my dad, well, isn't really the pony who would look deeply into stuff like that. It was simply 'Rarity is going on a trip!' thing.

What they failed to realize is that she was scheduled to return, what, five weeks ago?

There has been rumors going around that... that something happened to her.

I thought about those spriggans. Were they real? How come I went there instead of the Land of Dreams? What did they even want from me?

All sorts of questions stirred in my head. At least I don't have to worry about school.

I got up, perhaps had a little bite to eat, and opened the door. I was surprised to see two unicorn guards, whom were wearing an odd shade of green armor. "You have to come with us," said the left one, "Queen's orders."

I stumbled up in shock. "What queen?" I asked, "Equestria doesn't even-"

The right one looked down. "You know what we're talking about. Come on."

Author's Note:

I'm only tagging the
MAIN main characters, not the ones you see later in the story... I DON'T LIKE SPOILING THINGS RGHETHFHRHTHRJ!!!!
Press F8 for more candy corn ;)
After I'm done with this story I'll tell you a little bit more about myself, heh. I wish I could change the tag from "Slice of Life" to "Adventure", since now, I guess it's kinda both, but FimFiction won't let me do both for some reason :S
Oh well :P