• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 3,419 Views, 219 Comments

Something About Her - LightningBass94



It's been two weeks, but Trixie and Twilight still don't know how they feel for each other.

  • ...
12
 219
 3,419

Honey, I Shrunk the Mares!

BANG BANG BANG-BANG!

"I'll get it!" Trixie called from the couch. Spike was still napping, and Twilight had moved to the basement for some sort of chemistry experiment. Trixie had opted to stay upstairs and read up on Princess Luna's history before Nightmare Moon to get a good idea why she acted the way she did. Some of the things she found were...enlightening. She had no idea the princesses shared a romance with each other at one point, nor did she realize that Luna had grown colder toward everyone when it ended, far before Nightmare Moon ever reared her ugly head. Always the more compassionate of the sisters, Luna had found shutting her emotions away necessary to make royal decisions after their devastating break-up. She closed her book, marking the spot with a small, wand-shaped bookmark. She happily pranced to the door and opened it wide with a smile, only to have a burlap sack shoved in her face.

"I cannot take this!"

Trixie recognised the frantic voice of Mayor Mare behind the burlap sack which had abruptly consumed her entire field of vision. "Why not?" She asked, confusedly pushing the sack from her face. "You requested it!"

"Miss Lulamoon, I believe I requested ten percent, not four-hundred-twenty-eight bits!" The mayor responded incredulously.

"And Trixie recieved four-thousand-two-hundred-eighty bits at her performance," Trixie rebutted in a matter-of-fact tone.

That stopped the mayor in her tracks. "W-wha-huh?"

Trixie giggled. "I was just as surprised; however, surprised or not, this is your fair share." Trixie gave her a warm smile. "Thank you so much for allowing me to perform at your venue, knowing full well the damage my shows have caused here in the past. It means a lot."

The mayor blinked several times as if trying to reset her mind. "W-Well thank you, a-and you're welcome. You can certainly have your shows there any time."

"Oh perfect!" Trixie exclaimed, raising off her haunches in her excitement. "How about same time next month?!"

"S-sure, Trixie." Just like that, Trixie's business had come to an all-time high. Great business, a beautiful new marefriend, tutelage under one of the royal sisters; things were looking up for Trixie Lulamoon. After some planning and business jargon, the two said their goodbyes, and Trixie ran down the stairs to tell Twilight all about it.

FWOOSH!

She had run straight into an explosion. Surrounded by green smoke, her only coherent thought was, "This can't be good!"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Twilight! Twilight!" Trixie coughed as she inhaled the slowly clearing smoke. She frantically searched for her marefriend through the thick smog.

"I'm over here!" Twilight called out. "I'm ok, but you're not going to like this!" Trixie travelled toward the source of her voice. The smoke was thinner in the area and she had begun to be able to see around her. She bumped into something that seemed to tower over her. She looked up to inspect the mighty wooden obelisk, only to see it end at a plateau, high above her head. She screamed a blood-curdling scream that could have shook mountains.

Upstairs, Spike heard a small squeak. "Great," He mumbled, rolling over in his bed. "We must have a mouse."

Twilight did the only thing she could think of to silence the tiny-fied mare in front of her and lunged at her, knocking her to the ground in a passionate kiss. It worked and Trixie swiftly shut up, wrapping her hooves around Twilight's neck and returning the kiss. When they broke it, Trixie spoke up, "You know, I've never had tiny sex before." She added a wink for good measure.

Twilight shook her head solemnly. "There's no time," She responded seriously, "We need to figure out a way to reverse this before Pinkie's party tonight." She thought on it a moment, "Though that does sound like fun..." She quickly locked the thought away in the vault for later use and rose up off her mare. "First thing's first." Determination was the prime tone of her voice now. "We need to get back onto that chemistry table!" She pointed up at the tall object casting its shadow on and all around them. Trixie groaned. This was going to be a long day.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Owlowiscious was stirred from his slumber by a large explosion. With a startled, "Hoo!" He flew down the stairs to the basement and perched on the edge of the table in the empty room. "Hoo?" He hooted confusedly. Where did all that racket come from? Down below, the mares had just begun to emerge from underneath the table, both of them oblivious to the owl's presence. With their tiny ears, the hoots sounded like a low hum, much like many other sounds that had dropped in frequency. They could scarcely hear them above the bubbling of boiling, steaming chemical compounds above them.

Owlowiscious became aware of a small journal, notes scribbled along the lines of the pages. He stepped the short distance toward it and began reading through the material. He hoped to get a good idea of what had happened. Before he could discover what the desired potion even was, however, Twilight had noticed him when she had decided to begin judging the distance to the top of the table. She let out an excited gasp and used that extra air to scream out at the top of her lungs, "OWLOWISCIOUS!!!"

Trixie's head whipped around, eyes wild as her mind caught up to her and processed what had just happened. "Are you crazy!?" She cried, "Owls are birds of-"

"Hoo?" Owlowiscious's head spun around slowly to gaze behind him. His eyes gazed down hungrily at the two small animals, clearly the source of the squeaking.

Trixie gulped, "Prey!" Owlowiscious dove at them, beginning the hunt earlier than usual. His stomach growled in anticipation of the meal. "Split up!" Trixie thought quickly, running away from Twilight and to her right. Twilight let out a squeak and ran in the other direction, narrowly escaping Owlowiscious' deadly beak. The mighty bird rose up, out of his nose dive and far up in the room, nearly grazing the ceiling with his wings. He lazily turned in the air to see one of these strange animals had taken flight. He couldn't quite focus on the things, but he knew one thing for sure: prey taking flight to escape a bird was possibly the worst -and last- decision it could possibly make. With a determined hoot, he took chase toward the easier prey. He was going in for the kill.

Trixie looked back over her shoulder at the scene and immediately began to panic, until she remembered her training from the previous night. She stopped and turned in one fluid motion, hooves skidding across the rough wood with a screech. She let out a flurry of fireworks as if Twilight's life depended on it -which it did- in order to draw the owl's attention. Confused as he was, Owlowiscious did, in fact, divert his attention away from Twilight and toward the other creature. "Hoo?" He let out, head cocked to the side.

Trixie paused the fireworks show and concentrated hard. Before the owl's eyes stood Trixie, though she seemed to be shaking and out of focus. She even seemed to blink out of existence from time to time. He briefly wondered if he needed to get his eyes checked. Trixie smiled for a moment at her successful hologram spell. It was much harder to make it so much bigger than herself. She wouldn't be able to keep it up for long. "Owlowiscious stop!" The hologram shouted. "The things you are hunting are Twilight and myself! Go get Zecora! Don't hu-" The hologram disapparated. That was the last of her magic, the size of the spell taking its toll. "Please listen to me! Oh please, oh please, oh please!"

Owlowiscious hovered in place for a second before zipping out to find the familiar Zebra. Twilight let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding. She gently landed next to her marefriend, noticing the unicorn was clutching her head in pain. "Are you ok?" She asked. Trixie just nodded silently. "That was really brave of you and brilliant...Thank you. You saved my life, Trixie."

That elicited a response. "We're even then. We've both saved each other from a situation the other brought on to themselves," The words were laced with venom, and Trixie immediately regretted them.

Twilight felt a pang of guilt deep in her heart. "I-I'm sorry." She hung her head, tears rising into her eyes. She felt a hoof on her shoulder and looked up to see Trixie looking back at her with a guilty expression.

"I'm sorry too," she responded. "I didn't mean it," Twilight slapped Trixie across her muzzle, then threw herself into her arms and cried into her shoulder for several miutes before she could calm down. Trixie gently reassured and shushed her the entire time, stroking a hoof through her indigo mane.

Twilight pulled away, a renewed expression of determination written across her face. "I have a plan." She stated, "I think I can fly us up to the table top if I teleport us as far up as I can first," She explained, excitement clearly rising with every word she spoke.

Trixie had her reservations about being teleported high into the air by a mare who may or may not be able to support her weight during flight, but nodded in agreement anyway. "Alright Twilight," She said slowly, "I trust you."

Twilight got behind Trixie and wrapped her forehooves behind hers, "Foal Nelson" style. "Ready?" She asked.

With a determined nod, Trixie responded, "Ready!"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"My, my! This predicament you're in," Zecora called as she stepped into the basement. Spike was at her side and Owlowiscious was perched upon her back. "It's quite amusing. Where should I begin?" Without expecting a response, she stood over the table. She smiled at the two mares curled up together on the corner, then looked over to the materials she had to work with. She pulled off her saddle bags and emptied their contents onto the metal surface. In front of Twilight's flasks laid an array of different herbs, powders and macical spices. "To make this special brew, your ingredients will not do. Expecting this, I brought my own. Now excuse me while I step into the 'zone'."

All in attendance watched in awe as Zecora's hooves moved with lightning speed and precision as she mixed powders, herbs and even some of Twilight's chemicals in Twilight's large melting pot. As a final step, she added the potion which had caused the previous explosion, pointed out to her by a helpful Owlowiscious. The brew needed to know what to counter in order to work. The potion she was making was very similar to the one she used to counteract the effects of poison joke on that fateful day she became friends with the Ponyvillians.

Zecora took the pot off heat and let it cool. Without warning, she scooped the tiny mares up and tossed them in the pot, then scooped them up again, more swiftly than it seemed possible for her to move. Horrible things would happen if she left them in the pot for too long. She quickly set them on the floor just as they began to grow. Wide-eyed and soaking wet with a blue goop, they stood at their regular heights. Spike covered his mouth with a claw in a poor attempt at stifling a giggle. Too surprised to move, they let Zecora walk past them, her saddle bags adorned atop her flank.

"I'll see you at the party. I was invited." A hoof on the steps, she paused and looked warmly back at them. "To see you two together, I am excited." She continued up the stairs and called back happily, "Don't forget to wash behind your ears! The clock is ticking. The time is near!"

Author's Note:

Hello all. Sorry I've been slowing down on these a bit, recently. Works been killer, but I can't stop writing altogether. I'm too addicted, so don't worry about a week long wait or anything like that. ^_^

I hope you guys enjoyed this.

My filler chapter is bad, and I should feel bad. xD