• Published 3rd Feb 2014
  • 4,798 Views, 94 Comments

Pierce the Heavens - The Truth of Chaos



"Later... Bro..." The last words spoken by Kamina before his death. As his eyes closed a final time, he soon learnt that the universe doesn't always make sense. But sometimes, that's a good thing.

  • ...
6
 94
 4,798

Episode 1 Part I - Open your eyes!

The darkness of eternity was not easy on the eyes. Drifting through the the abyss of shadows, the Leader of Dai-Gurren could do nothing as he felt nothing, saw nothing and heard nothing. He let out a spiritual sigh to somewhat relay his disappointment.

'So, this is the afterlife, huh?' He thought, surprised he could even think at all. He expected peace, or a paradise, or perhaps a dark fire set aflame. 'But this? This is a fate worse than death. An eternity of boredom.'

His thoughts drifted back to his final moments, before he relieved himself of the world and his duties as Leader to his one successor. 'I'm a pretty selfish person, aren't I bro? Leaving you in a situation like that while I'm allowed to relax for eternity...' He laughed at his own foolishness, making conversations with people that were no longer with him within his mind. As his mental laughing died down, his soul became troubled.

His thoughts drifted to his last moments. The great Dai-Gurren Brigade, a collection of the most tenacious humans to ever walk upon the surface world and rival the beastmen that lived there. The creatures crushed humans under their boots with giant pilotable mechs, known as Ganmen. Humans lived underground, never knowing the surface world, until he and his brother in soul, Simon, reached the surface world with a young women by the name of Yoko and obtained their own mechs, embarking on a journey that spawned the mighty group of humans piloting Ganmen. All of it from the influence of him and his bro's will to drill towards tomorrow.

Sadly, during a raid on an enemy battle ship, the Dai-Gunzan, there was but a single moment in which he let his guard down. Kamina was hit by a surprise tactic by the enemy general trying to annihilate him in a single blow. While the blow did not end his life, it struck a mortal blow and his life slipped away with every moment. But before he passed on, he remembered to give his brother one last inspiring speech before taking the enemy general with him to hell.

Such a burden indeed. He hoped the pilot of Lagann would be up to the task. No, he didn't hope. 'I believe you can do it, Simon. And you need to believe it too.'

He finally began to truly relax in the darkness, the soul of the great man beginning to find peace in the loneliness of the abyss. An interruption was inevitable.

A grand light shone throughout the darkness, the point of origin felt directly before Kamina. He felt himself flinch, though he knew he had no eyes. However, the universe seemed to have another opinion, as his own spiritual energy began taking shape, creating a chest, legs, arms, head and face. Gasping in shock and confusion, Kamina glanced at his etheral hands and body. Looking up, he had seen the energy even formed into his hair as well. "What is this?"

"The beginning." The void of shining white replied. "You still have a lot to do, boy."

Kamina's eyes widened in surprised as he thought his ears deceived him. "That voice, it couldn't be!"

"Now go and live once more!"

Kamina felt something push against his back awkwardly which made his tense, before the awkward push turned into a tidal wave of power smashing the soon not-so-dead man into the light void, while he screamed all the while.

Opening Song - Minna no Piisu/Everybody Peace

Upon the surface of the perfect green grass, a creature laid there unconscious but breathing. It was a creature of nor scales nor fur, with the small exception of the amount of blue fur on it's head and even smaller strands of the fur covering it's body. It was shown bare skinned, it's primal colour on of a sandy tan, while blue makings dotted it's collar and arms. Wearing naught but a pair of long brown pants and bandages wrapped around his forearms and waist, the bare skin looked completely vulnerable.

"Hey, over here!"

Kamina's mind fell from sleep and into reality with those few words. As his eyes flashed opened, he flinched at the blindness of the light, but that did not stop him from jerking his body upwards as his arms pressed against the ground and launched him off the ground floor and into a fighting stance. As he tried to open his eyes, all he could muster was a blurred squint. His sight completely useless except for distinguishing two dark grey figures amongst a pastel background. However, his other senses kicked in immediately. His taste was working, as the flavour of dirt and grass was fresh in his mouth.

Spitting out the grime, his smell also began making itself useful as he breathed deeply through his nose. Here, the air was fresher than anywhere else he had been. Finally, he halted his inhale, and quickly exhaled as he grasped his chest and fell to one knee. His eyesight, now more focused, glanced upon his chest.

A scar, recent looking, spread across his upper body like an bush fire during summer. Marks of his previous battle adorned him as a constant reminder of that day. Looking back up, his eyes focused on the creatures once more.

"Beastmen?" He said in surprise, making sure his body did not make any sudden movements. He was in no condition to fight. He did not know the extent of his enemies. They could be extremely cunning, witty, and intelligent!

"Can we eat it?"

Or perhaps not. Either way, he hated to admit it, but he was no condition to fight.

Examining the strange creatures, he saw many differences in both, but knew they were of her same species.

Like overgrown dogs, they creatures could have been beastmen, but the feeling of it was different to them. One was a large, bulking mass of muscle, adorning heavy iron armour to cover his brown fur hiding his shoulders, chest and head, with his tail forming into the shape of a spiked club and his arms holstering his upper body from the ground. The second one was slightly smaller, though sleek and straight, his fur grey and his eyes glaring, not armour but a leather vest donning his upper body. His arms did not touch the ground as he stood up tall, but thy reached his knees in length, and his tail was not as large as the brutes, but the spikes were certainly longer.

"No, you iron head! We can use this guy!" The grey one said, pointing towards Kamina while shouting at the bigger dogman. "See those things on his hands? Those are fingers!... Well, I think they're fingers, but with them this ugly ape thing could dig faster than any of our ponies!"

"Hey, who're calling ugly, ugly?!" The blue haired interrupted, gritting his teeth as he stood tall and tried his best to ignore the pain in his chest. "I'll have you know that I'm fifty times more good looking than you, dirt face!" The brute snickered, while the thinker growled and twitched his left eye in anger.

"Oh, a funny guy are you? Think you're better than me? We'll see who's laughing when you wake up! Tigs, give it to him!"

"Wait, wake up?" Kamina asked confused, before widening his eyes as the brute charged at him, and before the human could react, one of the fists from those extremely bulky arms was sent into his face. The pain was utterly unbearable.


Upon the icy lands of the north, as a blizzard rushed like herd of bulls and covered the snow with more snow, a darkness crept from underneath the ice. A black horn with a crimson tint upon the edge rose to the top of the frozen water. It was not long until darkness seeped out of the horn, swirling in a small abyss of shadow, until it concentrated into a form. Four limbs along with a head adorned with the very same horn, the shadows turned into colour. A pony, black as night with a mane which screamed darkness, opened his green tainted eyes as a purple mist spread from the glare.

The pony screamed in rage, not yet knowing the reason just yet, but he would remember soon. First, he needed to find somewhere less cold where he could concentrate. Heading through the blizzard, he began to use his dark magic to create a dark bubble around him that disintegrated any snow and ice in his path. He immediately dropped down five feet into the snow, landing upon ground and practically digging a hole through the ice. Walking forward, he soon found himself before a rock wall. Moving around, it took him more than half an hour until he discovered a hole in the wall, leading into a dark cavern. He knew this place would do for the moment. Sealing the way behind him in an illusion so no one knew the place even existed, he sat down, and began to concentrate on one thing.

"Crystals...." He muttered, as the dark, tainted thing rose from the ground slowly. He waited patiently as it formed, and grew outwards like a dead tree within a full day's time. Once down, he sighed and glanced upon his creation. Stirring him from his sitting, he walked up and touch the thing with his horn. Instantly his old power started to return to him, his cloak and crown materialising onto his form. Sighing in satisfaction, he began to remember. How foolish he was the first. But then again, he was not patient, he would not wait. Realising his mistake, he decided this time he would plan far more carefully.

"I... Will not be beaten again." He muttered, as his magic swirled and created more and more crystals of shadow within the cavern. The former ruler of the crystal empire began to laugh as he felt his old personality and intelligence return, along with his ultimate power.

This time the ponies did not stand a chance.

-BREAK-

Author's Note:

Oh, it's you. It's been a long time. How have you been? I've been real busy being dead. Y'know, after you MURDERED ME!

But seriously, hi. It's been ages since I wrote a fic, ever since I lost motivation due to school and stress. But now, I have time to do this stuff, so I shall! Isn't that grand. Anyway, I'm a bit rusty, so I hope this fic is up to par.

I recently rewatched Gurren Lagann, and couldn't help know that Kamina could always be brought back to life in a Fanfiction. But what unvierse? Well, seeing as my interest in MLP has returned with the new season, I put two and two together and blam. Here you go! Enjoy!