• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 2,068 Views, 9 Comments

Discord: Guardian Demon - Discorded SheepcityUSA



A lonely child with abusive parents makes friends with a strange creature who gives him a taste of the chaotic side of life...with some disturbing results

  • ...
2
 9
 2,068

Enter The Almighty Discord

DISCORD: Guardian Demon

It’s the year 2012. A young boy by the name of Joshua Collins lies in his chambers, practically swimming in a pool of his own tears. You see, Joshua was quite a lonely child, not a friend to his name. Kids at his school would often bully him, sometimes to the point of physical assault and has been psychologically tortured on many occasions. His home life was not much better. There was hardly ever a moment in his home when yelling and profanity didn't fill the halls of the small house, as his parents were always arguing, never seeming to focus too much on how their cursing affected their child. This led Joshua to believe that not even his own parents gave two shits about him. As if the constant insult’s hurled at him by his mother and drunken mess of a father weren't a clue enough. He had at some points, considered suicide, but he decided against it, knowing it would only lead to greater problems for him in the afterlife. But still, he didn’t want to stay in his current state of despair any longer than he absolutely had to.

“I just don't know anymore. If I had just one friend…maybe I wouldn't be thinking this way.” He sighed quietly…
Unknown to him, a guardian angel loomed quietly over him, observing his sad monologue. And soon, his prayers would be answered…

The next morning, Joshua’s crust-filled eyes fluttered open and he rose from his bed. Upon getting to his feet however, his orbs laid on something on the night stand planted next to his bed. It appeared to be some sort of statue. He couldn’t make it out without his glasses at the moment though. He swiped them off the night stand and pushed them onto his face, clearing his blurry vision. Upon closer inspection, he was able to make out the physical features of the tiny stone figure. It depicted a serpent-like creature with the appendages of other animals, such as the wings of a bird and a bat, a reptilian tail with a tuft of fur on it’s end, the horns of a goat and a deer, the paw of a lion and talon of an eagle, and the legs of a goat and a dinosaur. It’s long, slender body stood upright, and appeared to be covered almost entirely in fur, all except it’s scaly tail. It’s head appeared to be horse-like, with a black mane that ran all the way down the back of it’s neck, and a single, sharp tooth that appeared misplaced into the very front of it’s jaw, which was wide open, frozen in the middle of silent, howling laughter.

“What on Earth is this thing? And…where did it come from?” Joshua thought as he held the statue in his fist.
The only explanation was that someone crawled into his window in the middle of the night and left it there; there was no way his parents would bother spending money on him, especially on something as weird as this. But if that was the case…then why?

“This doesn’t make any sense.” He mumbled.

Out in the hallway, he could hear his parents fighting with the same amount of hatred and anger in their voices you would expect only from sworn enemies or a hockey player after losing a game. It saddened Joshua deeply to hear his parents say such horrible things to each other. A single tear rolled down his face as he desperately tried to block out the screams…the anguish…the…chaos…







Suddenly, out of nowhere, Joshua heard something quite loud echo through his room.

“Hehehehehe. Make sense? What’s the fun in making sense?” it said in a cackling laugh.

The voice shocked the boy so much he jumped back and dropped the figurine on the floor. About a second after impact, the statue erupted into a pillar of pink smoke and confetti. Once it cleared, there stood same figure depicted in the statue, only much, much bigger now, about 8 feet in height. It floated above the floor, it’s mix-matched wings flapping quickly to keep it’s large body off the ground. It opened it’s gigantic maw and let out a mighty yawn, stretching it’s arms out in relief.

“Arrrgh! Oh, that feels so much better. Do you have any clue what its like being turned to stone kid? It can be quite stiff on the ol’ spine you know.” the behemoth said.

Joshua desperately tried to find his words.

“W-Who a-are you? More importantly, what are you?” he asked the creature.

It turned it’s head toward Joshua and for the first time, he got a good look at the monster’s eyes. They were a dark yellow with red pupils, both of different sizes. They made him look quite dazed and insane.

“Oh but of course, how rude of me! My name is Discord, and I’m here to be you’re friend little buddy. I happen to be a spiritual being of sorts. I have the ability to do anything your little heart desires.” The creature now known as Discord said to him.

Now Joshua was perplexed. As if seeing a strange, Frankenstein of an animal like this wasn’t enough, this thing had powers too?

“Okay, what exactly can you do…Discord?” he asked.

Discord smirked. He snapped his eagle talons and in a flash of white, a small pink cloud levitated in front of Joshua’s face.

“Thirsty?” Discord asked.

“Wha-“ Before Joshua could finish, a big splash of brown liquid shot from the cloud and into his mouth.

“Gah! What’re you doing, I don’t know where that’s been! I mean what if-“ Joshua took a moment to actually taste what he had ingested.

“…Chocolate Milk? What?” he said.

Discord let out a hearty laugh. “Hahaha! Oh you should’ve seen your face! Priceless!” Discord howled.

Despite Discord’s rather loud laughter that probably could’ve shattered anybody’s eardrums, Joshua chuckled a bit, something he hadn't done in quite a while.

“I have to say Discord, I’m pretty impressed.” Josh said in response to his new friend’s fun-loving nature.

“Oh, but I can do sooo much more than that my friend.” Discord said, snapping his lion fingers, followed by another white flash. In his paw, he now held a large saxophone, which he then proceeded to play…but when he blew into it, a flurry of bubbles shot out of it. Discord wore an annoyed look on his long face.

“Well poo. It looks like this darn thing still shoots bubbles out of it. Oh well, I’ll just dispose of this, and you can tell Uncle Discord what’s got you so down, eh kiddo?” Discord said.

He effortlessly threw the instrument over his shoulder, causing it to burst into flames and explode when it hit the wall. Joshua was about to question what the hell just took place when he once again remembered his parents were still fighting the urge not to kill each other when he heard something break on the other side of the door. Joshua cringed slightly at the sound of the crash, and Discord took notice.

“Ugh. Sorry I asked. Your folks sound quite…unpleasant.” Discord said that last word with a slight chuckle, which made Joshua feel a bit uncomfortable.

“Umm, yeah. My dad’s a bit of a drinker, and my mom is a total bitch. Not exactly the best combination…” Joshua looked toward the floor. “I’m also kind of lonely. You see, I don’t have friends…” he mumbled sadly.

Discord put a comforting paw over the child’s shoulder…and stuck a giant lollipop he conjured out of nowhere into his mouth. “Hey, don’t get all weepy eyed on me now. I’m here to help ya out, and I can’t do that unless you grow a sense of humor” Discord said.

Joshua had lost his train of thought for a moment from the flavor of the candy.

Tastes good enough, but is this guy’s definition of cheering me up just stuffing my face with stuff that can rot out my teeth?’ He thought.

“Josh, get your sorry ass to school now!” The shrill sound of his mother’s voice yelled from the other room. Mother of the year anybody?

“Well, looks like I have to go. Sorry Discord but I can’t play right now.” Joshua said.

Discord’s donkey-like ears lowered and he appeared to be quite saddened by his playmate having to leave so soon. Joshua took pity on the poor…whatever he was, and patted his back.

“Hey, you’re supposed to cheer ME up remember? Don’t worry, I’ll be back after school, K?” he asked.

Discord gave a happier smile upon hearing Joshua’s reassuring statement. “I’ll be here upon your return, kiddo.” Discord said. Joshua gave a confident nod and walked out his bedroom door, leaving Discord by himself. Discord snapped his fingers and a pair of reading glasses and a book appeared. He put the glasses over his eyes and started quietly reading to himself, floating in a reclining position above the floor.

“Oh what I’d give to brew up some real chaos right now. Who knows? Maybe I can get this kid to see MY way of thinking.” Discord said to himself…

Author's Note:

My first time writing a darker-toned fic with Discord in the starring role, so tell me what you thought about it.