• Published 1st Feb 2014
  • 720 Views, 2 Comments

TCB: Wizards and Warriors - Dragonlover553



Nearly five thousand years ago, wizards ruled the Earth. Then came a fierce war that wiped them out. Nearly. Fast forward to the present day, Equestria has appeared and is wiping out humanity with it's conversion serum and Wizardkind will rise a

  • ...
13
 2
 720

Chapter 2

"Hello Princess." said a male voice.
"What?! Who's there?!" shouted Princess Cadence, who had been half-asleep at her desk, in a pile of paperwork.
"Just little old me." replied the voice.
"And who is that?"
"The answer is right in front of you."
"Oh ha ha, very funny. Now stop speaking in riddles and give a straight answer."
"And why ever should I do that? It's no fun to speak plainly."
"Because I'm the Crystal Princess."
"Mmm, yes, that is true, I however, am a Magus, and as such, my rank is much higher than yours. But I wasn't speaking in riddle anyway, I am right in front of you. Maybe three meters."
"Huh? But that would mean you're... at the window."
"Yes."
"But the only one there is that small bird..."
"Yes."
"So you're tryng to say... that you're... that bird?"
"Ding ding ding, we have a winner! Someone give the girl a cookie!"
"So... you're a hawk..."
"That's merlin, that you very much. Been trapped in this form for centuries, maybe a few millennia, hard to keep track of it all when you're me... and a hawk."
"Okay... and what do you want from me?"
"Why, to help of course, and to congratulate you."
"To help with what? And to congratulate me how"
"The grief, of course. And the pregnancy."
"What grief? What pregnancy."
"Ah, you don't know yet. Well it is the way of mortals to not know things until told, expectantly if it has not happened yet."
"Huh?" asked the pink alicorn.
"Well, first of, congratulations are in order. Princess Cadence of the the Crystal Empire, you are pregnant."
"What? Really?" replied the shocked(and apparently pregnant) alicorn.
"Yes, yes. Go check if you must. Why do you think you've been throwing up so much lately?"
"I've been meaning to have that checked out but how did you know I've been throwing up?"
"The crows themselves told me."
"The who?"
"The crows. They know everything. Past, present, and future. They usually stay out of mortal affairs, but they get involved every thousand years or so. Usually during a Storied Age, but that's beside that point."
"What do you mean by mortal?"
"Well, as the crows say, "We separate things into two categories: things we can do, and things we cannot. Dieing falls into the latter category." There are three of them, three immortal, all-knowing, talking, brother crows."
"Okay." said Cadence.
"Now, as for the grief, they told me that two members of the Equestrian Royal Family were going to die within the year."
"OH NO!" the Princess exclaimed. "I must tell Aunt Celestia!"
"I wouldn't do that if I were you."
"And why is that?" she demanded.
"Because if you do, then neither can be saved."
"What do you mean?"
"I have within my power the might to save one, but only one. The other dies either way."
"Who can you save?"
"Your child."
"What?" said Cadence, confused.
"The fetus you carry within you carries a fatal curse with him. He will not survive his own birth, and evil will be unleashed when he dies."
"And what can I do?" said Cadence frantically.
"You must destroy the Great Seal."
"What?"
"Or, more specifically, your husband must destroy it. Once it is destroyed, I will be able to break the curse upon your child, and he will not only survive, but the evil will remain caged."
"Okay, where is this "Great Seal", and how does on go about destroying it?" asked Cadence.
"It is at the edge of the Barrier, within a lake shrouded in mist. It is on an island in the middle, the Isle of the Blessed. Within the center of the island, there is a circle covered in runes. Next to the circle you will find a sword. Double-edged, three feet long, black handle, steel blade. The blade must be plunged into the circle, thus undoing it."
"And where in Equestria is that?"
"Simple. It's not."
"What? It's in human territory? How is that possible?"
"I'm a sentience 5000+ year old talking bird of prey and you're asking how there's a seal that needs breaking on Earth?"
"Good point. Where is it?" The hawk flapped over to the map of Equestria/Earth and pointed with his talon.
"There."
"It's near where the barrier stopped."
"Yes. It's what's stopping that barrier."
"It is? How is that possible?"
"Do you really want me to go through to physics of a supernatural force to you? Cause I can."
"No thanks. So the seal, break it, that's all? Then you can save my foal?"
"Yes."
"Then I will get my husband immediately." She immediately left to check to see if she was really pregnant,(which she discovered she was) and tell her husband. Once she was out of earshot, the merlin spoke once more.
"It begins." And with that he flew out the window once more.