• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 758 Views, 4 Comments

Night's Own Memories - MLPxMaestro



Princess Luna takes flight amidst the chilling winter sky, as she recaps unfortunate events that seemed to consume her with the betrayal towards her sister... her loving sister, Princess Celestia, then proceeds to comfort her for the night.

  • ...
0
 4
 758

Chapter One- Memory of Betrayal

Author's Note:

I was pretty bored one late night, and my mind ended up coming with this. I know the story of her betrayal, but due to season 4's incredibly epic premiere, i didn't have to write out the betrayal of how it all worked out...we now know, lol. I will also along with this, have a second chapter of another memory regarding the battle against my fav. villain King Sombra, and the two sisters battling it out in the Crystal Empire.

Nights Own Memories:

Chapter One- Memory of Betrayal:


Princess Luna approached the edges of Canterlot’s breathtaking view that overlooked the valley down below from its mountainside. Her beautiful moon bathed night pleased her, as it had been decades since her full moon and stars had been this beautiful. The stars were like tiny white holes in a thick cosmic blanket that seemed to shroud all of Equestria.

She took in a breath of the cool and crisp winter air, and exhaled with a view of her own breath being distinctly seen from the black winter sky behind it all. She spread out her wings far from her center mass, as she took a leap of faith, descending a thousand feet before lifting herself back up into the air. Luna flew towards the bright moon; higher and higher she ascended into the clouds above her. She found herself ensnared by the moon’s true beauty, as she seemed to fly endlessly towards the marvel and jewel of her night.

She looked closer and inwards towards the center, as it almost seemed like it was a mirror into her own memories

“Why is our own father’s creation so beautiful and yet so…mesmerizing all of a sudden?” She says to herself curiously.

She wondered why it seemed to almost greet her the closer and closer she got to it. Luna decided to then turn away from it, and not look into what almost seemed like her regretful memories returning to her as she continued to do so. She knew what she did to her sister a millennia ago was certainly uncalled for, but yet how she obtained the power, the sheer power her very own sister didn’t even have…it felt good to the princess of the night. Luna felt jealous through all of the attention her sister, Princess Celestia, was getting from the citizens of Equestria in general.

She did not wish to think of the terrible times she had with her sister, though she could well remember the good and triumphant times she had with her though. Those unforgettable times of how they stopped Discord once and for all. How they sealed away the hateful and fearful tyrant of the Crystal Empire, King Sombra, deep inside the ice of the Frozen North. However Luna and her sister never knew what happened to their friend, Starswirl the Bearded that one fateful night of his sudden and unexplainable disappearance. All of these things and many more all seemed to flood back to her memories at once. One of her most painful memories was when she was old enough to rule with her loving sister, and how they would never see their parents again.

“Only we can control our own destiny.” She thought to herself out loud once more. “Why must we have betrayed my own sister of blood?!”

“The foolishness of our own power hungry decision became thy downfall. Something had taken control of us then…and I am now ever so grateful that thy dear sister put an end to it. No more Luna…no more shall you wither in the force of Nightmare Moon again.”

She had told herself this several times in her lifetime ever since she returned back to society, but it still didn’t seem like it was enough. The urge of her returning to that moment of power and oppression had always seemed to remain in the back of her mind.

Figures in power will become corrupted if there is nopony else to help control or deal with it. It will consume, it will ravage the mind, driving one mad with power and yet still wanting more. When you have figures in power, there will never be such a thing as a true, honest figure in power. The temptation of power will come to those who are weak minded and do not care for one’s own populous.

These thoughts and words had continued to haunt Luna’s head, and she could find no true way to get rid of the one thousand year scar she had placed over her own mind, heart and soul.

Luna was now resting easy on a white cottony heap of cloud after flying a good distance away from Canterlot, with Cloudsdale being seen very clearly from where she lay.

“My dear sister, must you have done that? Why must you have banished me almost seemingly from existence for over a thousand years? Was there no other true alternative?! But of course not, there was no other alternative.” Luna’s memory causing her sadness, and even more regret and anger towards her own self.

“Confound our actions, confound it all! our words, our thoughts, my…my…” a tear began to form within her eye, and slowly thereafter crept down her face on one side.

“Sister…I…I love you so much. I loved you then but…but the nightmare forces had consumed me of my own ignorance.”

Luna looked up towards the bright full moon once more, and looking like it was even closer to her now. It was like the moon she controlled through her magic seemed to link with her own memories and emotions running amidst her body.

“No…if my moon is insisting we return to it once more, we shall refuse to return to Nightmare Moon, I myself shall do no such thing. We may be cleansed from the Elements of Harmony, but I still know that the dark force had not been eradicated from within me.” Luna then turned her back entirely from it and head off home to her own quarters within the royal castle, high up inside the main tower.

As Luna approached closer and closer to the main tower, the white dot she spotted in the distance formed itself out to be her sister, Princess Celestia. Steadily Luna descended, though surprised to see her sister even up at this late of a time.

“Why are you still awake? Don’t you have to raise the sun in a few hours?” Luna asked, as she continued walking past her sister, and into her quarters.

“I couldn’t sleep for some odd reason? Why? I have no idea? Though yet my mind seemed to wake itself up due to a disturbance of another ones self…was that you?” Celestia asked, not bothering to look back to Luna and looking up towards the full moon.

“I do not know sister, but I shall say that I looked up to the moon…and it had returned to me.” Luna looked away, then towards the dimly lit fireplace.

“What returned Luna? I’m here for you no matter what.”

Celestia slowly made her way beside her, and placed one of her large wings behind Luna in assurance.

“It was when…when I turned on you, betrayed you…like you were nothing but a nuisance.”

“Do not beat yourself up over the past sister of mine. It is the past, and shall remain to stay the same. The Elements of Harmony reformed you, but yet you seem as though your troubles are not yet fully gone?”

Luna said nothing and lightly shook her head no.

“There-there Luna, it wasn’t just a bad memory for you to sustain, but me as well. Do you have any idea how broken and terrible I felt after I had to do something to where there was no other alternative? I had felt sad ever since then, until your return home that is. To banish my own sister…the feeling was incomprehensible.” Celestia stated.

“I understand dear sister, and I appreciate the encouragement and love you still have for me ever since then. However, that one thing that has never seemed to go away from me…” said Luna.

“Yes?”

“Power…it has always wished to resurface it seems from within myself…why must it be an eternal burden?”

“It doesn’t have to be Luna, you have always been different, and that’s what I love about you. Ever since you were little you’ve been like that, though well…you were more of a troublemaker back then.” Celestia giggled slightly.

“Really? Then don’t even act like you were not up to mischief along with me?” Luna’s face had then managed to crack a slight smile, after recapping her and her sister running into the hallway of their fillyhood home after pulling a prank on their parents one late night.

“I do suppose you’re right about that.” Celestia replied giggling slightly more on Luna’s remark.

“Also, don’t forget that it was you who switched the heads on the animal heads on the wall, and messed up father’s collection of artifacts. I created the distraction…and I was the one who helped you escape.” Luna added once more.

“Until you got in trouble yourself to prevent me from being caught.”

“Precisely Tia.”

“What?” Celestia asked curiously, after not hearing what she said just then.”

“I said precisely Tia.”

“Tia…” Celestia said out loud.

“What is it sister?” Luna wondered.

“You said…Tia…”

“Oh…I…I suppose I did…yes.” Luna then looked away from her sister.

“You haven’t called me that ever since we…”

“Since we parted…I know…” Luna added in as she trailed off.

“Well I’ll leave you be Luna, but how about this?”

“What? A proposition you have for me now?” she wondered.

“I suppose…so how about you help me raise the sun, and I’ll help you bring out the stars tomorrow night?”

Luna’s face then showed her sister, emotions of surprise and not believing what she heard. Her eyes widened, and her face seemed to tell a story of its own from Celestia’s view.

“But…y-you helped me do that when I was but a filly?”

“I know…and nothing hurts to relive those wonderful times in our life, hm? Besides, I think you are due a break anyways; you have been through so much lately. You seemed to have had these memories trail around your mind for the past few days now.” Celestia replied.

“I have, and I am surprised you have been able to tell.”

“You’re not that hard to read Luna, you have always been like that.” Celestia replied.

“I have been like many things ever since those times dear sister.”

“So…”

“So what?” Luna wondered.

“Deal?”

Luna knew what she was bringing up again, and knew that all her loving and caring sister wanted for her was to be happy.

“Okay…deal then, I suppose.” Luna finally answered her.

Another hour passed, and Luna was now standing out onto the balcony of the tower, looking over the entire prestigious city of Canterlot. Celestia was currently getting a few more hours of sleep before she had to wake up and do her duty.

“Tia…” Luna thought to herself, as she continued looking up at the clear night sky. The twinkling of stars playing with her mind to think of other things, but she was focused mainly on why she even said that unaware of her saying it that one time.

“Why and how did thy own mind come up with such a thing that has not been stated in over hundreds of years?” she kept thinking.

The hours had passed, and now caught up to Luna. Celestia was now right beside her sister, as her horn gave off a soft yellow glow.

“Ready?”

Luna then looked back up at her as she stood next to her.

“Yes.” Luna replied, as she then helped Celesta raise the sun, as she slowly brought down the moon.

“T-Ti…sister?”

“What is it? Celestia wondered.

“Thank you…and…I love you Tia.”

“I love you too Luna, so very much.” The two of them then hugged one another, causing Luna to shed a second tear from one of her eyes. A flood of memories then seemed to rush back to her mind once again, but not of bad and unfortunate events. Rather it was of when they were both young, sharing in laughter and playing games. Ones of how much love she and her sister had received from their parents. To think these memories were almost like they had been placed within her mind by something just hours before…like a Nights Own Memories.