• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 1,473 Views, 24 Comments

Castle Crushers - Ebonysdagger



Chrysalis moves on Canterlot while Twilight and Luna are away on a day of research. The real problems, however, lay in the confession of feelings from one starry eye princess to one with the romantic inclinations of a stone.

  • ...
2
 24
 1,473

Educational Con... Interruptions

The two alicorns squeezed through some of the last few almost collapsed passages to get to Luna’s old room. Twilight had a bit of trouble here with her wings which lead to her grumbling about the things. Luna might have helped her if she wasn’t resisting the urge to squee at how adorable Twilight appeared when she was annoyed.

“First they keep me from sleeping and walking down the stairs was awkward and now getting caught in hallways…” Twilight continued to grumble as she finally managed to get free and turned to Luna. “Alright, so where do we go next?” she huffs to her guide.

“Just over here.” Luna was rather thankful that it seemed her actual room was okay in spite of the damage to the hallways. Her magic moved the rusted and rotting doors out of the way with an ear shattering squeak of antique bordering on ancient hinges. The opened door lead into a large fore room from which a few other doors lead off into other rooms that the princess might have found useful when she once lived here. “The door off to the left is where I kept my records and personal collection of tomes. That is where we shall go I think.”

Twilight nodded her head and set toward the door at a rather rapid pace intent on getting to some new research. If she had looked back she might have seen Luna pause before entering as she worked to clear her head of the ghosts of the past sweeping across the familiar room. Twilight gave a cry of surprise that ultimately lead to Luna returning to the present and stepping into her old rooms and set to find her companion.

Luna found Twilight already reading through some of her old journals of court interactions. These records contained a much better detailing of the thought process that went into the decisions than even the records in the previous library. After all the court scribe really didn’t know what his rulers thoughts were when they were deliberating. Luna had always found it useful to keep such a thing so as to remind herself of what happened each day. Her sister had never seemed to do the same and it had always irked her that her sister did not seem to be treating it as seriously as she did. Still that was a gripe and worry of another time and place. For now she would enjoy watching her little alicorn do what she enjoyed most.

Twilight had already set aside four books that seemed to read as if they were about the court decisions of the day. She was beginning to look for some more before she paused for a moment and realized that it might be enough. Some of what she had read seemed too much like a personal diary in parts for her to feel too comfortable going willy-nilly through the rest. “Luna, do you know of any other books in here that I should look at?”

“That are about the courts? I do believe I might have stored the rest back further in past my spell books. We’ll have to collect those while we are here. There are spells in them that I’ve learned have fallen out of favor and they might still be useful. Care to read through those while I search our primary objective?”

“Ooh, can I?” The purple alicorn’s eyes turned to stars as she held back from going into complete arcane fan girl mode over ancient and lost spells. She had an inkling that spells belonging to the mistress of dreams and mother of illusions would be positively fascinating if not downright complex. “Which one should I start with?”

Luna indicated a black book near the left edge of the top shelf of the bookshelf. “That one is the basics of most of the rest. I wrote them as I developed them and kept them in order. Have fun while I find that last set of records.” She walked off to let Twilight begin her reading.

‘Well, I think I’ve covered gifts well enough. The question is how does one let a mare know you are interested when she is incapable of getting the hint. I tried complimenting her appearance last time and she simply thanked me thinking it was a common conversational act rather than an overture to her beauty so that is out. Conventional wisdom would suggest food but she is neither a stallion nor is this the kind of place for a meal. I guess I’ll have to be direct and tell her that I find her admirable and would like to begin a courtship. It was so much easier back in the day as I would have been married to her simply for saving me.’ Luna thought to herself as she began to poke her magic into one of the further back bookshelves of the room. She seemed to recall the tome, a rather large collection of previous court journals that had been bound into a single omnibus, rested somewhere on this side of the room. Memories might have been hazy here and there but something she had fiddled with almost every day of her descent into madness stood out a bit.

“Twilight, you are an admirable mare.” Luna had decided to go for the straight forward approach and began working her way through it.

Twilight, deep in the euphoria of learning new magic, responded in a somewhat distracted tone. “Well thank you Luna but I’m not that special.”

“No, you are my dear. In fact I find myself quite captivated by you if I’m honest. I was wondering if you might be willing to join me for a meal tomorrow night.”

“Sure, I would love to have a meal with you Luna.”

‘Did she even understand that was an invitation to a date?’ Luna had to ponder to herself.

“Twilight, you do realize I’m trying to ask you if you would like to…” That was as far as Luna got as the two heard the sounds of a commotion outside the room they were in. Luna began to leave the room to find out what was going on and was joined a moment later by a reluctant to abandon her new book Twilight. The two looked outside into the fore room from earlier to find what appeared to be one of Luna’s Noctourne guards in a scuffle with some changelings.

“It figures.” Luna muttered under her breath. “Always when I get to the important part.”

Author's Note:

Poor Luna. It never fails. Sort of like how it never fails to rain when I go camping. I can't ever get to enjoy it because I always wind up in some ridiculous deluge from on high.