• Published 6th Feb 2014
  • 715 Views, 6 Comments

Total Eclipse - Somedudeatemytaco



After his sister is taken from him by Nightmare Moon, a human teams up with Twilight and friends to help save both Earth and Equestria

  • ...
3
 6
 715

A New Perspective

Mia was having a pretty bad day. First, she had been taken by what appeared to be Nightmare Moon. Floating in the air was fun at first, but then it became boring, especially when it just wouldn’t end. In fact, the only reason why she stopped flying was because she fell asleep! When she woke up, she found herself among other children; maybe her age or a little older. Apparently she hadn’t been the only person that was taken. A few kids asked her if she had seen their mommy or daddy, all she could say was she had no idea. As this was happening, a voice boomed in from out of nowhere.

“Good morning children, I’ve seen you all have had the time to introduce yourselves to one another?”

Yep, she had been right, it defiantly was Nightmare Moon.

Mia could hear the shrieks of several kids, maybe even her own, she wasn’t sure. After several of the kids calmed down, Nightmare Moon spoke again

“Now, now dears, there should be no reason to fear me, especially for what I have done for you.”

As Nightmare Moon said this, a small light formed, eventually growing bigger and bigger until the light revealed where Nightmare Moon had taken Mia and the countless other children.

It was Disneyland.

"See, this place all yours , no limitations and no adults! You are free to be about and to have as much fun as you can! Now, are you just going to stay there?"

A lot of the kids shouted in delight and immediately ran to where they wanted to go. All except Mia. Mia knew that she should be happy that she was here, she’s hardly ever been here, and she only has very faint memories of this place, and now she had this place all to herself. Mia thought that was it, she was all by herself, it left her rather scared, especially after what happened yesterday. This would be a lot more fun if Hector was here, thought Mia, as she started glumly walking across the happiest place on Earth.

◆◇◆

Quite frankly, Nightmare Moon was getting sick of Hector and anything related to the human. First, he encountered Twilight Sparkle and the others and has seemed to gain their trust. A minor setback, for Nightmare Moon had seen this coming, and as him and the others frantically searched for their precious elements, they would be wasting their time. Secondly, the human had seemed to discover how to manipulate the dream realm to his will. Nightmare Moon had not expected him to learn that so quickly, but that was nothing to distress over, after all, they were just dreams, his manipulation would only just make things a tad more complicated to achieve. Nightmare Moon had planned this for too long for this to fail now, she must succeed, the night would be eternal. There was just one more problem Nightmare Moon had to deal with. If it wasn’t the human that Nightmare Moon had to deal with, it was his sister. For this to work, she needed all the energy she could get, and the child was too busy thinking about her brother, where he was, and when he would come back.

It absolutely sickened Nightmare Moon.

Nightmare Moon sighed as she summoned up a shadow.

"You know what to do." Nightmare Moon commanded, the shadow, and off it flew.

Now that Nightmare Moon had a visual, she could now see if her little, "investment was worth it.

◇◆◇

Mia was starting to question why she couldn't have any fun just by herself, after all, this place was supposed to make you happy

Maybe its just the the way I was brought here, maybe that's what made me sad, thought Mia as she walked across Tomorrow land. It was sort of ironic that Mia was in this particular place, since it was Hector's favorite spot on the park, he liked all things spacey and stuff. The thought of it only saddened Mia even more. Then she heard something that she thought was impossible only a minute ago.

"Hey little lady, what are you doing around here?"

It was her brother!

As fast as her little legs could go, Mia ran to Hector and gave him a biggest hug she could give him!

"Oh! I missed you so much Hector! What happened to your glasses?"

Then Hector spoke in a tone she didn't expect from him

"For your information, I lost them here on the way to be here with you, geez, you could at least give me a little respect!"

"I'm sorry"

"You should be, now what are we waiting here for? We have this entire place to ourselves, and everyone else is coming soon, so why waste this perfect brother sister bonding time?"

Mia agreed, and as Mia and Hector were going about, she started to get a feeling that something bad was going on here.

◆◇◆

Author's Note:

HA HA! Perspective change, bet you weren't expecting that weren't you! In all seriousness though, I tried a perspective change because i wanted to challenge myself, so that is part of the reason why this chapter is pretty short. (sorry! D: )