• Published 6th Feb 2014
  • 715 Views, 6 Comments

Total Eclipse - Somedudeatemytaco



After his sister is taken from him by Nightmare Moon, a human teams up with Twilight and friends to help save both Earth and Equestria

  • ...
3
 6
 715

Confrontations

"Where are we," Pinkie asked, sounding a bit frightened, "it's so dark!"

I didn't even have to take a second glance to know where we were. "We're in the happiest place on Earth, well, was the happiest place on Earth. Now this is a place of nightmares."

"Congratulations, all of you actually managed to find all the Elements of Harmony!" Nightmare Moon's voice was booming from everywhere

"This ends now Nightmare Moon," Twilight Sparkle said with an authoritative tone, "reveal yourself!"

"I'd rather not, how about you come here yourself!"

"And where would here be?"

"Simple, all rulers have a castle."

"I know where she is," I say, "she's at the castle! It's the dead center of the park!"

Well, I was right about this not being the happiest place on Earth anymore. The sky was pure black, with huge gray clouds casting a gloomy atmosphere on us. As we were walking down main street, it looked so lifeless, it was sad.

Then I saw Sleeping Beauty's castle.

The castle now belonged to Nightmare Moon. The castle became a twisted version of itself, with pointed coulombs a new color palette of black and blue, bit worst of all, Nightmare Moon replaced Walt Disney's family crest with her cutie mark! As we walked toward the bridge, the bridge lowered by itself, and now instead of showing Fantasyland, inside the castle was pitch black, like if it were leading towards a tunnel. I look at the girls and the girls look at each other, and we each understand what we were saying without words.

This was the grand finale.

I would come out of here a brother again, or I'd come out as nothing.

***

Inside, the castle was huge, not at all what I remembered from my last visit here. Nightmare Moon must have put a spell on the castle to make it larger than it appeared, how she did it though, was beyond me.

With torchlight being our only guide, we navigate ourselves through the corridors when we find ourselves in the main throne room, face to face with Nightmare Moon.

."Honestly, its about time that all of you showed up, it was getting awfully boring here."

"Enough with the games Nightmare Moon!" I say, with a bit of venom, "why are you here, and what did you do to the children!"

"Oh, you're a feisty one aren't you, fine, I shall tell you all. I came here because I knew that if I I tried doing this back in Equestria, these, fine ladies, would have stopped me immediately. As for the children, I needed them to give me power. As you already know, magic here isn't the best. So, I thought what better way to compensate for that small defect than to amplify my magic!"

I look around and notice a huge gem floating, and I bet myself that that was giving Nightmare Moon all her power; she was ripping a page from the Crystal Empire!

"I've had enough of you, alright girls, element time" I say as I unzip my backpack. The plan was as I unzipped my backpack, I'd toss it on the air, and then Twilight would use her magic to put the elements on everypony. Come on, you didn’t think we would come in here without a game plan!

But before I could toss my backpack, Nightmare Moon said creepily calmly, "Now I strongly advise you against doing this Hector, you know what I told you in your dream still stands."

The girls give me puzzled looks, shoot, I completely forgot about that, so what was I going to do.

"Tick-tock Hector, we don't have all day."

"What did she tell you Hector! Don't do what I think you're going to do!" Rainbow Dash cried out.

I couldn't believe I was going to do this, but then again, was there any other way, with a sigh I say, "Throughout this whole time, Twilight and every one of you guys have shown me unwavering trust in me and my decisions, even if the decisions I made were just plain out stupid as a matter of fact, all of my ideas were stupid! So I think that it's about time that I gave them a little trust in return! With or without your guarantee, I'm getting my sister back!"

With that, I'm fully ready to blast this mare into the next century! But then I hear,

"Hector!"

I know that voice, and as I turn back to Nightmare Moon, I am horrified by what I see.

Nightmare Moon had my sister, she was hanging upside down, and she looked terrified.

"Not...one...more...move, or she gets it! Now, Hector, have you reconsidered? "

My heart was beating as loudly as I ever heard it; I look back at the girls, then back to my sister. Nightmare Moon had me in checkmate, I couldn't do anything.

I hear Mia say, "Please." And my minds made up. I say to the girls, "I am so sorry." Then averting their eyes, I drop my backpack next to Nightmare Moon. She quickly grabbed it using her magic, and in turn, she let go of Mia.

I heard a couple of gasps and no's coming from the girls, bit that didn't matter now, I had my sister back. I ran up to her and gave her a hug, "Mia! I've missed you so much! Are you okay...Mia?

Mia was hissing at me.

"Geez I know I smell, but I didn't think it was that bad!" Grabbing Mia, I see her eye to eye. She hissed at me again, and this time her eyes turned green.

"It's a changeling!" I hear Twilight from afar. "It’s not really your sister!"

I already knew that though. I glare at Nightmare Moon and scream, "No! This isn't what you promised! That's the only reason why I did it! What about our deal!"

"Poor dear, I would have thought you knew this already: people lie to get what they want."

With that, Nightmare Moon opened a portal and pushed me through it, and after that, I got knocked out.

***

I wake up to find myself in a small room, much like a prison cell, I don't even try to find a way out, what was the point, I lost my new-found friends, I lost my sister, everything I held dear to me was gone instantly, as if my heart was just vaporized.

I curl myself up into a ball, putting my head to rest on top of my knees. I only cry when I'm in extreme pain, whether it be emotional or physical, and I can tell you, I've never felt the need to cry more than at that time

"Do not feel bad about yourself, Hector, anyone can make these mistakes."

"Haven't you already had enough with me," I say more sad than angry, "why mock me any further, I have nothing else you can take from here."

"Quite the contrary, I think you're mistaking me for somepony else, I want to help you."

Confused, I look up, expecting to see Nightmare Moon, but who I found instead was way different.

It was Princess Luna.