• Published 6th Feb 2014
  • 715 Views, 6 Comments

Total Eclipse - Somedudeatemytaco



After his sister is taken from him by Nightmare Moon, a human teams up with Twilight and friends to help save both Earth and Equestria

  • ...
3
 6
 715

Magic Is Awesome!!!

"Wait, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be Nightmare Moon?"

"That's what it wants you to think."

"It, what do you mean, it?"

Luna went on to explain that Nightmare Moon was just the Nightmare Forces, masquerading as Luna, so all the blame would be put on her. But to do what they say they are they needed all the power they could get, which would explain the abduction of all the children

"Why haven't you done anything about it then?"

"Other than besides the fact that I am chained in here, I would have little use. With the Nightmare Forces, my magic would have little effect. I feel that this whole thing is my fault, my mistakes continue to haunt me."

"Well, mistakes are what teaches us lessons. Maybe the reason why your mistakes won't leave you alone is because you still need to learn something. I've had my own share of big mistakes too, right now i made a huge one." I relpy.

"Perhaps it is, but you need to get back and give Twilight and her friends the Elements of Harmony. "

"How am I supposed to do that!" Shaking my arms, I continue, "I'm not sure if my friends will ever trust me again, and I don't blame them. Also, there's the fact that I'm chained up here too! Also not to mention the fact that I have nothing, and Nightmare Moon can just throw me around like a rag doll!"

Luna laughed, "I am positive that you can think of something, besides you have something that Nightmare Moon can never hope to achieve."

"Really! What is it!" Geez, I sounded a little too enthusiastic, like a kid in a candy store!

"Determination."

Of course it's determination, after Luna said that, she broke my chains using her magic.

"Hey, I thought you said that you couldn't use magic!"

"Not to the scale of defeating Nightmare Moon, that task is yours. Now before you leave, I still need to give you something."

"You're not coming with me?"

"I cannot, besides, it shall let the girls believe that I can still be redeemed, it will give them something to believe in. Now come closer."

I did as the princess ordered. Luna closed her eyes, then her horn shimmered for a moment.

"Alright, it is done." Princess Luna said as she finished.

"That was it, could you tell me what you did?"

"You shall understand in time. Hopefully you'll never have the need to use this, now, off with you Hector! You have a sister to save, do you not?"

"Yeah Luna, you're right! Thank you!"

As I ran out the corridor, I realized, I never told Luna my name, or that I was after my sister, how did she know?

***

Why does Nightmare Moon's castle have so many corridors, I mean seriously! She is the only one in this place, what possible use could she have for them? After what seemed like forever, I found my way back to the throne room. Nightmare Moon was monologuing, something about how this was the final stage of her plan, I didn't care. I had to look for something that would give me an advantage over Nightmare Moon. I grabbed a torch from the wall, putting it out I take a look around, I saw a huge crystal, the crystal that fueled Nightmare Moon's magic, perfect.

My tactic: make Nightmare Moon believe that everything that she did had no effect on me, how, by doing the one thing that I knew best, being stupid and making a fool of myself.

"You know, for one horse, this a pretty huge castle, I mean, do you really need that much room!"

"YOU! But how did yo- that is of no matter, I shall just-"

"You will do squat! For I have a stick!" I said, shaking the torch for added emphasis. "And if you use as much as one ounce of magic on me, this stick will break your precious crystal! Now I don't think you would want that, would you? Now I require two things 1) let the girls go; being suspended in magic gets you sick in the stomach, I know from personal experience! 2) Give me my sister, my real sister, no tricks no gimmicks, got it?”

“Fine”

The girls dropped down to the floor, which was unfortunate for Pinkie, Rarity and Applejack, they had no wings!

“Now my sister.”

A door opened up and I could barely hear little footsteps. As Mia appeared from the doorway, and she smiled at me, “Hector!” she cried out as she started to run to me. Yep, this was the real Mia. Suddenly, I hear another voice roar, “Stop right there Mia!”

It was…me?

“I did not come all this way to see you in the arms of an imposter!”

I turn to my doppelganger, “Excuse me, but if you’re going to just waltz right in here and pretend to be me, the least you can do is have your glasses on!

“If you would shut up and listen, you would find out that I lost them on the here, isn’t that right Mia?”

She agreed, this wasn’t good.

“Unlike you,” Fake Hector continued, “I actually found Mia and spent the whole day with her, so I know that without a doubt she knows that I am the real one!”

“Well, unlike you, I’m not a brute who gets offended by every measly thing that gets thrown at him! I have patience! Isn’t that right Mia?”

She also agreed.

We continued arguing until Rainbow Dash blurted, “OH FOR GOODNESS SAKE! The real Hector is…”

“Silence! Let the girl decide. Are you ready?”

“Yes. Wait, was that Rainbow Dash?”

I close my eyes, I’m scared of the thought that Mia might not choose me, I wait for the longest time, until I feel something crash into me, I open my eyes, and I see my little sister’s arms wrapped around mine. I cry with joy, then lift Mia up into the air. As I put her down, I grab the torch, give it a twirl, and give the crystal a good smack, effectively splitting the crystal in two.

"How did you know it was me Mia?" I ask her. Her response was simple, "Easy, you had you're glasses on!" And here I thought she chose me because she saw through the changeling's disguise!

Imposter me snarled, then reverted back into a changeling and flew away.

“No! What happened? I released your friends and gave you your sister back, why do you break your vow!”

“I said no tricks Nightmare Moon, and besides, wasn't it yourself that said that people lie to get what they want?

“Enough with this insolence,” Nightmare Moon roared as she lifted me up with magic, “No more of this nonsense. I WILL EMERGE VICTORIOUS!”

After saying that, Nightmare Moon rather forcefully threw me rather forcefully across a brick wall. If that wasn't painful enough, I still had to deal with the fall!

As I lay on the ground, the only thing I could do was groan in pain and watch, no matter how much I wanted to get up, my body refused my commands. Nightmare Moon trapped the girls again with her magic, and that’s where she turned to Mia.

“YOU! You’re the one who has given me all this trouble. Your brother had to come and rescue you, and of course he comes and foils my plans! I SHALL NOT LET THIS HAPPEN! I will take away your brother’s one true motivation, his, “determination”! And that my dear IS YOU!”

Nightmare Moon’s horn started to glow, readying for the decimation of my sister.

No, I can’t let this happen…Not after I've come so far…I won't let it end like this!

As Nightmare Moon fired the laser-like projectile at Mia, I suddenly found myself on my feet, I rush to my little sister and everything goes white.

As I regain my vision, I find myself embracing Mia with both arms, which could only mean one of two things:

· We were dead

· Somehow we survived the blast and we were alive

I hear, “Impossible! How are they still there? That blast was enough to destroy anything!”

Yep, we were alive, and I felt stronger than ever. I let go of Mia and say, “ Do you know what kept me going through all of this?”

“Determination?”

“No evil madam! It was not determination, it is family! Something you clearly forgot about! Ever since this little girl here was born my life was filled with joy, she gave me the ambition to do things I would have never done, and she has changed my life for the better. And did you honestly think that I was going to sit by and let you destroy the single thing that made me the person I am today?”

At this point I began levitating, a blue aura surrounding me. If I wasn't lecturing Nightmare Moon at that time I would have totally geeked out over how awesome I was, continuing.

“I don’t need the Elements of Harmony to defeat you Nightmare Moon, I already have. When I was young, I was taught that as long as I have my family, we can conquer all, and I have my family right here.”

Twilight and the other girls float up with me, along with Mia.

“Even though I've known these girls for only two days, they're just as much a part of my family as everyone else! And so what if my entire family isn't with me right now, I know that they will always be with me, in my heart. Face it Nightmare Moon, this is your endgame!" I raise my right arm up, and my backpack zooms to me, it unzips, and the Elements of Harmony fly out and attach themselves to the six. I turn to face them and say, “Blast her girls!” And so at last, Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow, Pinkie, Rarity, and Fluttershy used the Elements, and struck Nightmare Moon down with the mighty rainbow beam!

After a while, whatever magical power I gained seemed to wear off, as we were gently put to the ground. As soon as I made contact with the ground however, all my pain came back, but everybody was so happy that I didn't want to ruin it.

“Yee-haw! We did it!”

“That was totally awesome!”

“That was a very heartfelt speech Hector! Did you really mean all of that”

I responded, “ Are you kidding me? If spending two days with you on our journey here doesn't make us a family by now, I don't know what will. Geez, that was the cheesiest thing I’ve ever said in my life!” But in my heart I knew that all I said was true.

We all burst into laughter after that. It wasn't until Fluttershy noticed that Luna wasn't there that I snapped back into reality. Nightmare Moon was defeated, shouldn't Disneyland be reverting back to it’s normal self? Where were all the children?

I look back to the spot where Nightmare Moon once was, and I was taken aback

It should have ended, it had to, but it didn't. Nightmare Moon was still standing.

“Perfect…absolutely perfect. Everything…according…to plan.”

After that, Nightmare Moon fell, and turned to shadow, but not just any shadow.

It was the Nightmare Forces

“Yessssssssss, you were all foolisssssh enough to fall for our trap.”

“What do you mean trap!” Rarity asked

“Do not worry dear, we need a new vessel, but not you. We need HIM!”

The Nightmare Forces leapt from where they were to me, and as they were, I realized that all this time, if I truly wanted to keep Mia safe, I should have stayed as far away from her as possible, I should have stayed away from everyone. Because I was the vessel, and the Nightmare Forces found me.

Author's Note:

I totally realized something right now, in the story, I'm going through a huge streak of bad luck right now, this is chapter 13! COINCIDENCE!!! Honestly though, I didn't notice this until I posted it!