• Published 18th Feb 2014
  • 1,486 Views, 18 Comments

Elder Scrolls V 1/2 : Equestria - Swordoath



Alduin was defeated not only in the mortal plane, but Sovngarde as well, by the Dovakiin himself. But the firstborn of Akatosh is immortal. He may be defeated, but not destroyed. If he cannot take the souls of Skyrim, he'll look elsewhere.

  • ...
2
 18
 1,486

Canterlot - Arrival

"Just across this ridge!" Ice Strider excitedly chattered. "You'll see it for yourself! I've been there once, you know. It really beautiful, in a not-made-of-crystals way. I bet you'll love it! I just know you will! Oh, I can't wait to-"

"Hush, now," Dorian smiled, clasping her mouth shut with his hand. "I'm sure I will too, but is there any chance you know about it's layout or architecture?"

He released his grip. "Well, a little. Why?"

"I have the sneaking suspicion that it's citizens will not behave so warmly to me as you do. That bandit chief thought I was an animal, after all; Only the eight know what others may think. I'd like to know the ins-and-outs, if you know any."

"I don't know much other than the main gate, I was only there visiting a friend for a day." The mare said. Her gaze turned to the mountain ahead. "Hey, look! There it is!"

Dorian followed her eyes, and was fairly impressed with the view. The sun was rising over a lone mountain on a field of green, and on the mountain was a city that's architecture rivaled that of both Cyrodiil and the Dwemer ruins, were they in their prime. An ivory and gold castle stood out most prominently, and the city was tiered similarly to Whiterun. He could see road not far away, leading up to some strange metal lines that ran along the ground in a number of directions into the horizon.

"That is quite a beautiful view," he admitted. "Looks about two hours to the mountain, another hour or so up the path."

"Or we could take the train. The station is right over there." Ice Strider gestured to a nearby building next to the lines.

"A 'train'? I am already trained by the Legion."

"Not training, a Train. It's a coal-powered metal box on wheels that moves along those tracks there. See?" She pointed a hoof at the incoming technicolor behemoth that was called 'Train'.

Dorian stared intently at the machine. Surely the Dwemer had nothing to do with it, but how in Tamriel could such a contraption be conceived by any other? What form of magic was this? Though he said nothing as he followed the crystal pony to the station, he was mystified and enthralled with the technological marvel.

"Two tickets, please." Ice Strider asked the stallion at the counter.

"Animals ride free, mam." He replied, giving her one.

"He's not an animal, he's my-" Dorian gave her a subtle shake of the head. "Never mind."

The two boarded the train, and while Dorian silently observed his surroundings, his companion sat down in one of the seats.

"Dorian, you, uh, might want to sit down-"

The train began moving, it's initial lurch sending the dragonborn reeling backwards, then to the ground. Grumbling unhappily, Dorian sat himself across from Ice Strider, who giggled at the event until she met his glare. There was no one else in the car, and the ride was silent with no interruption while Dorian's pride recovered.


The train finally pulled into the station after what felt to Dorian to be days. In actuality, it had only been a single hour. But the rumbling and rattling of the cars unnerved the Imperial like no other experience. He was very relieved when he was allowed off of the mechanical monstrosity, and into the city itself.

"So this is Canterlot?" He asked as they ventured in.

"Yes. We went over this." Ice Strider replied in slow words.

"That was rhetorical," He sighed. "In any case, now that we're here, I should report to the Jarl- I mean, Princess, about the trouble to the north. I am correct in assuming they live in the large keep on the highest level?"

"I'd guess so," The crystal pony replied.

"Then I suppose that is when we part ways." Dorian said simply.

"W-what?"

"We have no further reason to travel together. You've reached a safe place, and we need to speak with the royalty. After that, we have no further business together. It seems the most prudent way to go about things, but worry not, I'm sure we'll meet again."

"Y-you said I could come with you! That I could tell them!"

"And you can. We'll go that far together, but we must go our separate ways after that."

"But I don't want to leave you."

"I know, but I can't put you at further risk by allowing you to accompany me. So when we speak to the princesses, that's it."

"You don't even know about our culture!"

"I said no. I can't risk your life again like at the inn. Now please, for me, stay safe, okay?"

"... Okay."

The two walked up the steps to the top level of Canterlot. Along the way they passed a number of unicorns. A number of them held their heads up high as they passed them. Of course, with his height, he only saw them looking up at him. Another citizen, from their second floor home, poured out their tea, narrowly missing Dorian. He stopped and looked up to see who had done so, but only caught a glimpse of a blonde lock of a tail. He scowled, and continued on. Not long after, as they reached the palace courtyard, he heard someone call out 'Filthy ape!'. He could have sworn he saw the same blonde tail vanish behind a statue. Dorian told Ice Strider to wait while he looked around. He checked behind the statue, and the topiary bushes around it, but found no one. He shrugged his shoulders, and returned to Ice Strider as the two of them ascended the final steps to the castle doors.