• Published 27th Jan 2014
  • 958 Views, 3 Comments

The Alicorn of the Everfree - Lady Lightning Strike



Shining Star is a young Alicorn. Raised with her family, she speaks the language of the Animals. Midnight Flower is her sister. She is known to visit Town. When the CMC decide to explore the forest alone, they find something that was best left alone.

  • ...
3
 3
 958

Time to rise

“Again.”

*Crack*

Wooden swords smack against each other. The world slows down around me one more. My sword in my right hoof, a spell charged in my left. A shield appears around me. This doesn’t bother me. I know how to break it

I spin my body counterclockwise while extending my sword hoof. I feel the shield break around me. I release the spell in my hoof forwards the split second the shield breaks. while the blindfold I’m wearing prevents me from seeing my target, I can hear them yelp in surprise. My sword finishes it’s ark and I move my body into my next move. The blade flow s through the air like a knife through warm butter, flawlessly, without resistance. While it isn’t as good as my actual blade, it still holds up.

My opponent intercepts this attack and parries. I flap my wings hard and force my body upwards, narrowly escaping the counter attack with her second blade. She follows this up with a explosive spell towards where I hover, out of the range of her swords. I flap hard towards her while casting Festina, haste, to speed me up even more. The force moves me out of the range of the spell. My opponent forces me back to the ground by raising the ground in front of me. Not seeing this, or sensing it, I ram right into it. Disoriented, I get back onto my hooves and jump away from where I was standing.

I press the attack after I sense where my opponent was once more. She is running towards me and is being followed by something. Another target? An Ally? I ready my sword once more. Time to finis-

“Enough! This match is over. Star, you are needed.”

DAMMIT!


Ten minutes later I had removed my blindfold and stepped out of the shower. As I walked into the living room, I saw my mirror hanging there. As I walked towards it, I admired my appearance. A young mare stared back at me, her coat of red, orange, and yellow mixed together to resemble a fire. A light black mane hung over her left side. A small horn poked out of it. Her wings slightly open to the air, as if ready to fly. No fat to be found on her, pure muscles found in her legs and wings. A scar running from nose to just short of her right eye. Three scars across her left foreleg. Her tail an utter mess.

‘Damn. I still look nice? Huh. Thought Maxxy ruined that last time. Hope his paw is okay. Now what was I doing?’

“STAR!” Oh. Right. Dad wants me.

“Coming Father!”