• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 3,208 Views, 41 Comments

Logical Randomness - HyperBlossom7



Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie are marefriends...and they have many wacky adventures together.

  • ...
8
 41
 3,208

Fall of the King

"Pinkie Pie, turn left!" Twilight shouted at the pink baker who was ahead of her.

Pinkie turned around down a left corner, with Twilight Sparkle close on her heels. They could hear the heavy hoofsteps of the insane King Sombra behind them. Twilight slowed down momentarily to fire off a shot from her horn at King Sombra, hoping to slow him down. It worked, but it also made him angrier. Twilight started running faster, hearing King Sombra's roar of anger echo down the halls behind her.

Pinkie Pie could see the exit up ahead. She motioned for her marefriend to follow and Twilight understood. They raced for the doors and hurried out of the castle. Twilight was relieved as soon as they were outside. She looked upward and saw a pink chariot in the sky. It was Princess Cadence and her brother, Shining Armor. The couple spotted the two running ponies below moments later and Cadence motioned for the chariot to land.

Princess Cadence came to them with a smile, but it faded when she saw the looks of panic on their faces. Shining Armor saw something was wrong, as his goofy grin had faded as well. Pinkie Pie and Twilight both panted hard, trying to catch their breath. Then the two started talking at once.

"King Sombra-"

"-Back and trying to-"

"-Crystal ponies are-"

"-The heart-"

At this, Princess Cadence and Shining Armor both broke into laughter. Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie both exchanged looks of surprise and then back to the royal couple.

"Princess Cadence, we have a serious issue on our hands!" exclaimed Twilight. "Why in the world of Equestria are you laughing?"

"Oh Twily," said Shining Armor as his laughter died down. "The King Sombra in the palace isn't real."

"Huh?" was all Twilight said, as she was in complete and utter shock.

Princess Cadence smiled warmly and explained, "As you already know, this palace is the old one. We use the newly erected palace on the other side of the Empire, since the Crystal Ponies are too frightened to enter this one. However, there are still occasional daredevils and brave souls that like a good challenge. So we created the illusion of King Sombra for their entertainment. It's literally a playground for the Crystal Ponies now."

"But..." Twilight was shocked beyond words.

"I don't get it," said Pinkie Pie. "It was all so real! There were guards and a dungeon and crystals and everything!"

"All created by yours truly," said Princess Cadence, still smiling. "You two were never in any real danger. Think, did King Sombra actually bring any harm to you?"

The two mares thought for a moment, and then shook their heads. "No, but he did fire dark magic at us!" Twilight pointed out.

Princess Cadence laughed again and said, "His shots are supposed to miss. And even if they did happen to hit, it would have only been a little tickle."

"Wait, what about the crystal Twilight was trapped in?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"That was meant to break at the slightest impact," Princess Cadence replied. "I'm sorry though, I probably should have told you this before you arrived."

"Oh it's okay!" said Pinkie Pie cheerfully. "We still had fun, right Twilight?"

Twilight smiled and nodded in agreement. "Yes, we did Pinkie."

"Now how about we go to the actual palace and have tea and cupcakes?" Princess Cadence suggested.

"I like that idea! But I wanna help make them!" said Pinkie Pie.

"Let me help too!" said Twilight Sparkle.

"We can all make some," said Princess Cadence. "Come on everypony."

The four of them headed to the palace and enjoyed the rest of the day there.

Author's Note:

Urgh short I know, but honestly there wasn't much left to go on for this. At least i didn't think so. But hey I exceeded 500 words so that's not too bad. Anyway hope you enjoyed this ending :D