• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 3,208 Views, 41 Comments

Logical Randomness - HyperBlossom7



Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie are marefriends...and they have many wacky adventures together.

  • ...
8
 41
 3,208

A Knight in Shining Armor

"I'm sorry Pinkie, but this is goodbye," said Twilight Sparkle.

Pinkie Pie frowned, unable to take her eyes off of the ring on her horn. She had failed to protect Twilight Sparkle, and now they would be separated forever. The guards closed in around Pinkie Pie, forcing her to leave her lover's side. Pinkie Pie was taken back to the dungeons, bound by chains. She could hear the echo of cruel laughter behind her as she was forced into her cell. There was a loud clang, and the sound of the door locking. Pinkie Pie was stuck in the dungeon while Twilight Sparkle was in the clutches of King Sombra.

It was supposed to be a fun trip to the Crystal Kingdom. Just a holiday for the two of them. Twilight would get a break from her books and Pinkie Pie would get a break from working at the Sugar Cube Corner. Unfortunately when they entered King Sombra's former castle, it turned out that he had somehow returned. Princess Cadence and Shining Armor were at a special assembly in Canterlot, meaning they weren't there to oversee the kingdom. Somehow King Sombra had taken control, and bewitched the Crystal guards into serving him.

When King Sombra had seen Twilight Sparkle, as an alicorn princess, he knew he wanted her as her crystal slave. However it wouldn't be easy, since Twilight was fully aware of who he was and had already defeated him once before. So he hypnotized her while Pinkie Pie was looking at an old painting, and put an enchanted ring on her horn. The ring prevented Twilight from performing any magic, and by the time Pinkie Pie had seen her and King Sombra, the guards had already been summoned to capture the pink pony.

Pinkie Pie knew this was her fault. She shouldn't have taken her eyes off of Twilight. Ever. It was all her fault. Pinkie Pie knew she needed to save Twilight, but first she needed to get out. She felt useless without wings or a horn. The best weapons she had at the moment were her Pinkie sense and her hooves, where most of an earth pony's strength resided. She decided to try bucking down the door. She knew her legs weren't as powerful as Applejack's, but Twilight had taught her how to focus the magic an earth pony possessed towards her legs.

Pinkie Pie went to the door and turned. She started kicking at the door viciously. Even if it didn't work, it was sure to get somepony's attention. She kept at it until her legs grew tired. Then she felt one of her Pinkie senses coming on. It was an ear flop, eye flutter, then knee twitch combination. That meant opening doors, which meant her bucking hadn't been in vain. Pinkie Pie smiled and backed away from the door. She crouched, ready to tackle the pony who would come in.

The door opened and she saw a guard's hoof come into view. She lunged forward at the pony, thrusting her hooves into his face. The guard was completely taken by surprise of course and knocked off his feet. The guard tried to fight back, but Pinkie Pie tugged at his mane and started pushing him into the dungeon. Pinkie Pie backed off as soon as the guard was all the way in the cell, shut the door, and brought down the bar that would prevent it from opening. The guard had been a pegasus, so Pinkie knew he wouldn't be able to use magic to escape. Still, the guard was sure to escape somehow, and Pinkie Pie wasn't about to waste anymore time. Twilight Sparkle needed her.

Pinkie Pie raced down the hall. She used her Pinkie sense to guide her to where Twilight was. It wasn't that hard actually, since she found her being held captive in the throne room. King Sombra was using powerful dark magic. Twilight Sparkle was now in a crystal prison, meaning she was encased in a large crystal. She appeared to be sleeping inside, and Pinkie Pie was relieved to see that she wasn't dead. If she was, that would have been worse.

King Sombra turned towards Pinkie Pie. His eyes flashed in anger and he shot a powerful jolt of dark magic from his horn. Pinkie Pie quickly dodged the bolt and threw herself at King Sombra. The evil tyrant shot at her again. She leaped out of harm's way, and the king fired one more time. The shot hit Twilight's crystal casing, and the crystal began to crack. Both ponies turned towards the crystal as the entire structure began to crack. The casing eventually became shattered and fell to pieces. Twilight was freed from her prison. As soon as she was, the alicorn princess woke up.

"Twilight!" Pinkie Pie ran to her side. She immediately used to her teeth to take off the ring, and Twilight snapped out of King Sombra's spell. Pinkie Pie sighed in relief, "Thank Celestia you're okay!"

Twilight smiled at Pinkie Pie, but then her eyes widened as she saw King Sombra coming up behind her. "Pinkie Pie!" she cried.

Pinkie Pie whirled around and glared at King Sombra. "You meanie! How dare you do that to Twilight!" she yelled at him.

Twilight knew she had to protect Pinkie Pie. Yes the earth pony had saved her, but she didn't have magic like Twilight did. The alicorn princess got to her hooves and walked around Pinkie Pie. She took a defensive stance and looked at the evil tyrant before her.

"Pinkie Pie, run!" Twilight shouted as King Sombra started to create a powerful ball of dark magic at the tip of his horn.

King Sombra threw the ball of dark energy at Twilight, who countered with a blast of her own. The two forces collided, causing a small explosion between them. Twilight briefly glanced over her shoulder and saw that Pinkie Pie hadn't moved. The element of laughter was looking at her with a stubborn frown.

"I'm not leaving you Twilight, we're going to fight him together!" said Pinkie Pie.

Twilight opened her mouth to argue, but then a loud roar behind her drew her attention. King Sombra was now cloaked in a dark aura, his eyes flashing a deep red. Twilight knew it was a better idea for both of them to run now. She turned to Pinkie, who nodded in return. The two of them ran from the room, and they could both hear King Sombra in hot pursuit.

Author's Note:

How many of you thought this was going to have Shining Armor in it? Just curious :P. I didn't want to go into much detail about how King Sombra returned, but the next chapter will be about his defeat. Also I apologize for any mistakes you find. I wrote this at 4 in the morning. Hope you enjoyed this one!