• Published 14th Jan 2014
  • 700 Views, 11 Comments

Guidance - DJ-Photonix



After failing to admit his love to a girl he likes, a human goes to Equestria to end up loving another.

  • ...
8
 11
 700

Chapter 4

Celestia felt as though she needed to laugh, and she did just that. Not one moment went on without taking the time to laugh. She could not believe how easy getting Luke to come to Equestria. Now it was left up to the mane six's training to help him. She was honest about Luke's problem, but wasn't honest about why he was supposed to be there. Frankly she was board, and Luna knew this all to well.

After Twilight became princess of magic it was only time before problems from rising up in Equestria would start to slow down, and stop. However Luke was a new problem, and they had to fix it. They didn't realize it yet, but sooner or later the balance that he had managed to maintain in his mind would slowly break apart. The magic in Equestria forced peace in mind, but there was more chaos in his head then Discord had or would in a day. She knew how his mind worked, and this only made it much easier to control.

Now, she was sitting in her study, reading past notes written down by her old student. She chuckled as she read them, reliving moments of her own past through her student's findings on the magic of friendship.

"Dear Princess Celestia, today I learned that having friends to learn from is better than reading from any old book, and that you can't ever have too many." She read aloud.

A knock came at the door, and Celestia opened it with her magic. To her surprise it was Princess Cadence.

"Come in!" Celestia smiled. "I'm not doing anything important right now, so I can talk."

"Great, because that's why I'm here." Cadence said. "I have word that you've brought a human to our world, and that you used the elements of Chaos to reshape is form to a body of destruction. Do you know how dangerous this is for you as a princess, and to the kingsdoms?" She asked.

Celestia nodded, and said, "I do indeed, but if I didn't, things would break apart in his world."

"So it's a male? What do you plan to do with him?"

"Phoenix was a human with two souls, and because most bodies can't handle such things like have two souls, I brought him to a safer place."

Cadence gasped getting close to Celestia. "Your saying you brought HIM here? What has it been Celestia? You're only two thousand years old, and you've brought the maker of elements? You should take him back!"

Celestia rolled her eyes. "Just because my parents failed to help him two lives ago doesn't mean I'll fail. You'll see."

"So where exactly is he?"

"Ponyville, probably getting introduced to his teachers, and possibly his future queen."

"What are you saying?"

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get." Celestia smiled.

"Just because I'm only twenty six doesn't mean I know everything. Celestia do not mess around with love, and if you are trying to make him fall for my sister in law, I won't let this go if your plan fails. He breaks her heart, he'll be in a crystal deep underground."

"Looks who's making plans to bannish somepony." Celestia laughed. "Don't worry, if all things go as I plan, his body will be ready six months in advance to his collapse."

"That's of course if it works. So tell me what happens if, and when it fails? What if his body follows through with the myth?"

"With Twilight that makes four alicorns to cover the explosion."

Cadence rolled her eyes, ready to walk out the door. She stopped, calming down, trying her hardest to avoid any stress. She turned her head slightly one eye facing Celestia.

"You fuck up, and things go to hell. I'll be the one mending Twilight's heart. That's of course she doesn't find out what'll happen if he doesn't learn to control his magic." She said. "One more thing Celestia. You need to learn how to think about how emotions can effect how a pony will act."

Cadence walked out of Celestia's study, unsure whether to slap her or not.


Phoenix was against the wall, deciding whether or not to be scared of six ponies. They all quickly pelted him with weird information, and strict rules that he had to follow. So far, he had only gotten to know their names, anything after that was all a blur of words. He sighed after Twilight had finished explaining laws that they had in Equestria, and why he should follow them.

"Right, right, so what'll y'all be teaching me?" He asked. "I assume you've figured that out by now... correct?"

"Well, I can teach you how to use high level magic spells." Twilight offered. "Do you know teleportation yet?"

Phoenix 's eyes widened, and he gave a big smile. "I-I can teleport?" He asked, trying to hold the on coming storm of excitement.

"Of course, though there are times were you may blow you self up with magic, but other than that you'll be fine." She explained. "Most already have a light hold on teleportation by the time they finish second grade."

"Wow, I feel really dumb now..." Phoenix sighed. "Will blowing up hurt?" He asked.

Twilight struggled to not answer his question, so she only nodded slowly in response.

He sighed. "Alright, figured as much. So Rainbow Dash, what'll you do to teach me?"

"For starters we'll do some wing exercises, like wings ups, then we'll do some basic training like flying through some hoops. I maaaaaaaay need to widen your hoops however. You are about Celestia's height so that's why if your wondering."

"Rarity?"

"I guess I can help you fix that cloak you've got there. What kind of fabric is that made out of?" She asked.

"It's a robe..." He stated flatly. Then he noticed what she was talking about. Either the robe shrunk, or he grew, alot. "I guess it needs a bit of hemming, but you shouldn't mess with any designs on it. Oh, also it is made out of enchanted cotton, processed in liquefied, and purified magical essence from a dragon's horn with its heart."

Rarity, and the other girls were in total dismay. Each one of them all had a look of utter horror, and confusion. Spike however was hiding behind Twilight, shaking uncontrollably.

"I don't assume you have any extra threads?" Rarity asked.

"Fraid not Rarity. I wasn't able to bring it."

"Thought so, maybe the Griffins can take care of that for us."

"Okay, so who's next?" He asked.

"I suppose I could give you some endurance training. It's almost apple bucking season, so it would be a good time to train ya."

"Oh I can help teach you how to make cupcakes! I have this new recipe that'll make them extra yummy!" Pinkie Pie offered. "Here try one!" She said shoving a cupcake into Phoenix's mouth.

When he bit down, it tasted slightly like iron. He guessed she cooked with hard iron cupcake pans. Slowly it tasted better as what may have been tons of sugar in each bite. He smiled, giving a slight mone in the pleasure to the sweet taste of strawberry, and cherry, his favorite fruits.

Phoenix nodded in delight. "Yep, teach me the art of cupcakes."

"I ready to teach." She said.

Phoenix took another cupcake from a plate nearby. "I'm...hmmmm.....ready to....Oh yeah....to learn..." He said in the sweet moment of extacy.

Fluttershy was sitting in the corner saying things to herself, but when he was done eating she felt like she wanted to ask him something.

"Um, I was just wondering, I hope you do, but if you don't that's fine, but if you do, yay. So um, do you happen to like animals? I do, I love animals, and smaller critters that are all over the place."

Phoenix nodded with a smile. "Of course I like animals. My belief that every...pony, has an animal counter part to match their soul. Like a form they turn into when they enter these special walks called spirit walks. For me I have a dragon counter part. It's why I like them so much. However my brother is different, he likes phoenixes. Thinks they're cool just because they can live forever." He explained. "So yeah, animals are cool."

Fluttershy gave an unnatural squee when she smiled at his answer. Then she sat back down onto a chair nearby.

"So that's all of you...ain't so bad...I guess." He said. "Sooooo...What now?"

"We find you a place to stay."

For a moment everypony was silent, pondering on who would allow him to sleep. The ponies during the town meeting were hesitant on allowing him to stay in their homes. One by one they all sat there as Phoenix ate more cupcakes, each bite taking him to the Summerlands and back again over, and over. Then when no pony could think, Rarity sighed, and she stood up.

"I'll do it!" She said. "I have an extra room that I normally use as a closet. You can use it when I'm finished clearing it out. I'll just need to use my basement for once."

Phoenix smiled. "Thanks Rarity! I hope I don't cause any trouble."

"Me too..." Twilight said.

Author's Note:

Be sure to rate, and leave a comment on why you rated it the way you did. In order to become a better author I need feed back!

Now, try to enjoy the rest of the story!