• Published 14th Jan 2014
  • 700 Views, 11 Comments

Guidance - DJ-Photonix



After failing to admit his love to a girl he likes, a human goes to Equestria to end up loving another.

  • ...
8
 11
 700

Chapter 1: Part 1

School is a place where mistakes, and achievements happen. Boys fall in love with girls, and girls fall in love with boys. Nerds hang with other nerds, and the jocks bully the nerds. Musicians practice their music in class, and artists draw on their desks. The cool kids get detention for smoking marijuana, and the rich kids wear their $2,000 cut diamond earrings that they got for Christmas. Furries hung with furries, and talked about cosplaying for the last day of school or when they graduate. Pyros lit matches setting to culinary class's garden on fire. For humans high school was a place full of "wonders". Most of those are how the hell they're still in school, or how the hell half the girls are pregnant after football games, after making sure they wore their condoms.

In the state of California one school had all of this. The classes were split into four periods, with two lunches. After second period, the first lunch kids would run out of their classes, hoping to get the first pizzas. The pizzas that were fresh, warm, and greasy. The students that didn't make it in time mooched off of others, and hung with their friends. Second lunch, which happened after third was much worse with the problems that first lunch had.

Sitting on a stone slab that was next to a stair case, a student by the name of Luke waited for his friends to join him, since he was normally the first one out of his group to be there. He had a few friends three were boys, and one was a girl. Her name was Isebelle, but he called her Jane. She didn't like her name, so she went by that, and even the teachers called her that.

Today was going to be different for Luke, because he was planning on asking Jane out. She was slightly shorter then Luke was, and had blond hair with blue eyes. She loved anime, and a show about a mad man with a blue box that goes on adventures with hot women. She always had a smile on her face, and was always ready to have some good fun. That's what he liked about her. Not to mention she was also smart, and worked hard in school. They met when Luke transferred to the school at the beginning of the school year, and had been great friends sense then. Slowly he started to fall for her, after having dreams about her. Though he was different, and his friends knew this.

Luke wasn't a normal person persay. Instead he was a witch, and to add to that he had two souls. Doctors said it was just mild multipersonality disorder. When Luke was calm he had bright blue eyes, and had red tips in his hair. However when he was mad, or stressed out, his eyes would be black as coal with his hair hair having a darker tint making the red tips look like blood stains. So when he had his violin, he played it to calm down quickly so that his other, which he named Kert, would go away, or sleep.

All of his friends knew that he was a witch, and kept it a secret well. Though they often asked him to end the school day early by setting of the fire alarm which in turn made the sprinklers inside of the school go off. Some times they even asked him to heal a cut, or mend a broken heart by playing his hypnotic melodies. With his powers he tried a few times to get Jane alone with him. He liked her that much, to use his magic for self gain.

When he unplugged his headphones from his Kindle, Luke saw Jane standing infront of him, smiling lime always.

"Hey!" Luke said, as he locked his device, and zipped it away nicely in his book bag. He stood up, and gave Jane a friendly hug. "How was Art?" He asked.

Jane shrugged. "I got my naked lady done today, so I guess it was good." She responded. "How was World History?"

"Learned more about democracy," Luke said. "So it was boring."

Jane settled his book bag next to Luke's, and said, "Have you seen any of the others?"

"They wanted me to make them sick while drug testing is going on." He admitted. "So it's just us today."

Jane sat next to Luke, and pulled out her lunch. Then she handed an apple to him. Luke nodded, and grabbed the Apple.

"What do you want it to be this time?" Luke chuckled. "Another banana?"

"No, not this time." Jane said. "Can you make it golden? Like those apples from Minecraft?"

Luke started to laugh as hard as his lungs would let the air escape from them. He wiped a tear away from his eye, and took a deep breath in. Slowly the apple started to turn gold from his hand up to the stem. He took a bite after it was finnished, and hummed in joy of the taste.

"This is good!" He said holding the apple over to Jane. "Bite?"

Jane shook her head. "No thanks, you need to eat anyways."

He nodded, and the apple turned red again, leaving Jane with a smile.

"So, I never asked you this, but what's it like? You know, being a witch?" Jane asked.

"It's not always fun and games. Sometimes we are chosen to protect other witches, other times we mix herbs to help heal the sick." He said. "We've also got a code. It's called the Three. Every time we cast a spell, good or bad, we need to think about it. If we cast a spell we get three times what we did to us. So say I kill someone I hate, well in this case I could have a family member that I love die. It's always different on what happens." He explained as he took a few more bites of his apple.

"I see, so what you do something good, will you get something good in return?"

Luke nodded as he chewed. He swallowed, and looked at Jane right in her eyes.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked.

"Shoot!"

"Bang!" He chuckled. "In my family, male witches are born to protect mortals. Not the best job in the world, but at least we can choose only one to protect."

"Who would you choose?"

"I don't know, but will you go-" He was stopped by the bell ringing, ending first lunch. He sighed. "To class, and have a nice day. See you tomorrow." He picked up his book bag, and his violin then walked off to finish school.

When he got home, he locked his car, and slammed his front door. "Dammit!" He shouted. He was mad because he had failed again in asking Jane out. In fact this was his tenth try.

His mother walked into the room with a frown on her face, and held a rope in her hands, ready to tie up her son to a chair. He got close to him, but stopped when she saw his eyes start to darken.

"Calm down Luke, you don't want another episode again do you?" She asked, worry in her voice.

Luke shook his head, and his eyes went back to their normal bright blue color.

"No..." He sighed heavely. "Why did I haft to fall in love for a mortal ma?" He asked.

His mother gave him a light hug then held his chin. "Because, you know why."

"Why me then?" He asked. "I know I did something bad in my past life, but why is it fucking me up this time?"

"You did what you did for what you thought was Just, and killing your brother and sisters wasn't a way to react." She said. "Now, go wash your body, we've got visitors from a far land joining us for dinner."

"Do I wear my robe?" Luke asked.

"You can if you want to." She answered. "Hurry now! They'll be here in a hour."

Luke nodded, and walked to his room to set his things down. He unfolded his robe that he had in his past life. It was made of fire proof fabrics, and enchanted to allow him to cast fire based spells. In his past life he was the Lord of fire, and his brother and sisters were Lord's of the rest of the elements. Water, earth, and air.

He took a shower, and felt the scolding hot water to touch his skin. He grabbed his shampoo, and rubbed it into his hair.

"I wish I could know why I'm here." He asked himself. He finished, and threw his robe on.

As soon as he stepped out of the bathroom, he felt power that made him sick. He nearly really, but a tall pale women stopped him from falling. She held out her hand keeping his body from falling farther. She gave a smile.

"Good job Luna," a darker woman said with a smile. She walked over, and helped Luke back on his feet. "Most pass out when they feel out power. A admire your strength Phoenix the Dragonhearted."

Luke jumped back and held a ball of fire in his hand.

"Mom!" He shouted.

"Do not worry, we are the people you were expecting. I am Celestia, bringer of the sun. This is my younger sister Luna, bringer of the moon, and the stars." She greeted. "Your mother is out right now, and will be back later."

"Sister, get on with it." Luna said.

"Right, so your mother has told us much about you, and your um....problem." Celestia said. "We've been sent here by her request to help you."

"What do you mean?"

"Phoenix, your body supports two souls, which has never happened in over six thousand years. You are very special, and very powerful. So as the leaders of your family's circle, we have come to train you."

"To help control your other, and help grow your magical powers." Luna finished. "So we've already pulled you from your current school, and enrolled you in our school that we've created."

"Does my mother know?"

"Yes, in fact she asked us to. Now, lets eat, and before you know it, you'll been in a whole new world!" Celestia said, clapping her hands together.

The fire ball dissipated from his hands, and a look of confusion grew on Luke s face. Then he remembered his mom had prepared dinner for them. Though, he didn't know why she wasn't there. Surely she wanted to see him off, he was her only child, and was a bit old to have children. Luke was nine teen, and was getting ready to graduate high school.

That's when it hit him. He was leaving everything behind. His mom, his friends, and that included Jane. He didn't know if he wanted to go at all, and he didn't even have time to think on this. Luke's mom said that visitors would be joining us for dinner. She didn't say anything about moving from home to go to another school.

He grabbed his plate, slightly shaking, worried for what was to come. Luna hand on his arm, and said,

"Thou musnt worry Lord Phoenix. We have orders from your mother to protect y-"

"I don't need to be protected!" Luke shouted. He could feel the change start, but it stopped because of his robe. It protected him from any switch.

Celestia picked up her fork, and placed a clump of salad into her mouth. She chewed for a moment, then swallowed.

"We understand your arrogance is what is your weakness, and is why your mother asked us to protect you." Celestia said, taking another bite.

Luke moved his plate over to the table, and sat in his spot he normally sat at. He cut a peace of his stake, and before he could take a bite Celestia grabbed his hand.

"First rule of the school, you may not eat meat while you're there. On or off campus." She said sternly.

Luke put down his fork, and sighed. "Anything else principal Celestia?" He asked, rolling his eyes.

"Quite a few actually, you will call me princess, and respect my sister as well as me." She ruled. "And you should get a few things backed. You can bring three items, because that's all I can do to cross the Vail to my world."

"Your world?" Luke asked. "String theory is right about there being-"

"Yes, now, get prepared!" Luna ordered. "Sister he's becoming a waste of time!"

"Luna watch your toung!" Celestia ordered, slamming her fist down onto the table, making the glasses of water shake. "He's not a waste of time! He's just confused, am I correct?" She asked Luke.

"Greatly," He answered her. "I just want to know where I'm going, and if I can ever return."

Luna looked angerly at her sister, and Celestia sighed. Slowly she stood up and walked over to Luke, who stood up as well. She rested her hand on his head, and said,

"Luke, I am going to be very honest to you. I am not sure if you'll grow strong enough to cross back to this world. See, it takes two to open the Vail to cross dimentions to other worlds. One to open, and-"

"One to connect the worlds." Luna finished. "We've used a great deal of power getting here, and we're going to use much more bringing you back with us, along with your chosen three items."

"My sister is right, we've used a great deal of power to get here, to find you."

"Why do you need me so badly that you did this?"

"Because your mother knew that we might be the only one's that can try to help you get used to your power."

"Go on sister, tell him why!"

"LUNA!" Celestia barked, scaring her sister to shut up. "When you turn twenty-one, at your current state, you're body will dicide weather it can withstand two souls in one body. If it sees that you don't have the magical strangth to, you're body will explode violently. The explosion itself could equal to four atomic bombs going off at once."

"So why are you endangering your people by bringing me there?"

"We have our full power in our kingdom, we would be able to contain the explosion until it ends. Although with strict magical training with the help of us, as well as my student Twilight we could keep this event from ever happening."

"S-sister..." Luna asked. "Can I tell him?"

"Tell me what?"

"If you do full agree to come with us, you will no matter what, you will get a 'pet' as it were." Celestia said.

"What kind of pet?" Luke asked, intreaged at the offer.

"Where we're from, you can get a dragon if you hold enough power."

Luke's eyes opened wide, as if they were baseballs after hearing that he could get a dragon. He started to move, but was stopped by Celestia once again.

"IF you have enough power. We'll wait until you've gotten used to our world, so about six months." She said again. "Now, go pack, we leave when your mother returns."

Luke couldn't help himself to hug Celestia tightly. She looked up at her sister, who only shrugged in responce. She smiled, and reutnred the hug, ending the embrace. Then Luke ran into his room packing.

"Livily one isn't he?" Celestia chuckled. "I guess it does make sense, he is like me after all."

"Fire burns with passion if I'm correct sister?"

Celestia nodded with a smile. "Passion...huh..."

Author's Note:

Make sure to leave a comment down below, and if you like this, make sure to smack that UP Button with your nose!