• Published 14th Jan 2014
  • 246 Views, 0 Comments

from past shadows - Nyt Ving



an invisible crown, soul shadows, deception, and teamwork. Nyt has his work cut out for him to clear his name, and save his life.

  • ...
 0
 246

preperations

Author's Note:

This is my first attempt at a ponified story, and I'm really enjoying writing this. Please comment on it so I know how I'm doing! Thanks!

The rest of the night passed with a quiet note. Elusive black, head of princess Luna's private royal guard was snoring softly in on of th upstairs bedrooms, while I went about his business like nothing was wrong. Like there wasn't a royal guard sleeping just a few feet above me. No, other things were on my mind. I still had bills to pay, and my bartender, a mare named Diane Loveshine, had left without cleaning up again.
"Why do I even pay these ponies?" I grumbled, washing the bartop. I looked around the messy club, at the handful of patrons who passed out and hadn't woke up yet. I needed to wake them up and get them out of here too. So much to do before morning. Two hours later, panting and covered in a glistening sheen of sweat and dirty mop water, the club was clean. Every pony was out. Well, all but one. That mysterious unicorn snoring upstairs. -Thump-It cam from upstairs. I crept up the stairs and went to the only inhabited room there. Opening the door quietly, I peeked inside. The sun shown through the open front window, illuminating everything in the room. Everything, but the pony sitting on the windowsill, watching the sunrise.
"You're awake" I said, gaining Guard master Elusive's attention.
"Yes. I have awoken with a most terrible of hangovers", He replied turning towards me. We mad eye contact, and what I can only describe as a shadow washed over us, blocking out the sun. I stepped back quickly gasping at the sudden dread that was now in my chest. My knees felt weak. And then, just as quick as it came, it was gone. Elusive was immediately by my side.
"are you ok?" He asked, supporting me.
"w-what was that? The dark.. it was so painful.."I trailed off, shaking my head trying to clear my head of the memory. after a minute, He set mr back up on my own hooves; I was starting to feel better again.
" I do not know. But I felt it too. It is a most disturbing feeling" he replied, looking at me with a slightly glazed over look. Gathering my wits back about myself, I turned and walked out the room and closed the door behind me. Just outside Elusive's borrowed room, I took a few deep breaths, turned back to his room and walked back in. He was still where I left him moments before, but looking out over the town towards the capital city of canterlot in the distance. He turned towards me and spoke in a now confident and official sounding voice. One I can assume he used many times.
"Last night", he started, "last night I came here asking questions, looking for aide. Yesterday I was "fired" so to speak, from lunas guard."
"So.. then there is probably a bounty on your head then.."
"Yes, there is."
"So then what's your plan? Stay here until your found?"
"No. I will wait until nightfall and flee." I sat down hard. Learning that the royal guard captain abandoned his post, for what reason he has not revealed, I news to me. And a bounty for his location! That would pay my bills and overhead for months. I could hire a new bartender. But no! He came here for shelter. A long way from canterlot. I must help him escape
"I'm coming with you", I said, standing up, looking Elusive in the face. Being a whole head shorter than him, it was difficult to feel equal with him.
"No", he replied firmly. "You have helped me enough. "
"Look, well known guard in obvious royal armor won't get far undetected. You will need help. A concealment spell.. or a nightmare cloak. "
"You can't-"
I cut him off, "I can. And I will come with. You owe me it. You are a wanted stallion, I housed you, Fed you, and concealed you."
"They won't find me", he replied, sounding less confident.
"They will and you know it. I can get you out of here without a trace." I replied stretching my wings, pointing out the obvious. "I'll be back before nightfall. I'm going to go get some supplies to help us. Is there anything that you will need?"
Elusive looked away,"no. I am without need. In the meantime, I will sleep off this hangover." He looked at me as he finished speaking, a grin on his face.