• Published 14th Jan 2014
  • 246 Views, 0 Comments

from past shadows - Nyt Ving



an invisible crown, soul shadows, deception, and teamwork. Nyt has his work cut out for him to clear his name, and save his life.

  • ...
 0
 246

introductions

Author's Note:

This is my first attempt at a ponified story, and I'm really enjoying writing this. Please comment on it so I know how I'm doing! Thanks

You never expect your past to hunt you down, but it happens. sometimes you make some bad decisions. i know I did. Sometimes though, it has more innocent intentions...

The smell of cheap booze and hard cider hung in the air of the downtown club. it was an hour till opening, and the owner, a shady young Pegasus named Nyt Ving, was just cleaning up the bar.

"getting stuffy again."i grumbled,finishing wiping off the bar.
A storm was approaching from the east; the sea breeze was blowing it in off the coast. I was not just the owner, but one of the best DJ's in town, and I knew it. Walking over to my turn tables, I eyed the door, hesitant to open early tonight, I was getting a feeling that it might be better to not at all.

"But that doesn't pay the bills, does it? Better get warmed up then",I thought out loud, stretching my purple wings to their full extended length.
Wings, yea I know. Probably thinking how most of the DJ's are unicorns.. But I'm not. I worked for what I got. And soon it will all be for naught. You see, I am a soft purple Pegasus, while my mane and tail are white. I tend to stand out a bit in a crowd. So when I got singled out later that night, it wasn't hard to wonder why. But let me get back to the story.
Soon, the soft sound of house music filled the open building as the bartender trotted in.
I sighed,"and where have you been?"

"I've been..out. what's it to you?"

"I write your paycheck. It's my business as to where my employees are when their shift started..half an hour ago."

"I'm here now aren't I? Doesn't really matter though, I'm leaving on Friday."
Sighing again,"fine. But you better be here on time for the rest of the week or else."
A couple hours pass without much importance, or at least nothing happened that I noticed. At around 10:30 I was just getting back up to the tables, to relieve one of the other ponies I hired as guest DJ for the week, when the front door opens for the thousandth time that night. But this time the guest was somepony I never thought I'd see walk into my door: Elusive black, one of princess Luna`s private guard. He had a calm an deadly look to him, like most of the royal guards. He briefly looked around, sizing up the place. He stopped and looked directly at me, with a look I can only describe as desperation,and loathing. I shuddered, and looked back to my turntables. But I couldn't get him out of my mind.

"Why is he here?" I mumbled to no one in particular. I glanced up a few minutes later to only spot him a few feet away, sitting at the bar talking to the mare working there.
Elusive obviously said something funny, because the mare working the bar laughed, and pointed in my direction. The blood drained from my face as he looked not just at me, but into my very being. I missed a disk change. The club went silent as th music suddenly stopped. Mumbling a brief apology, I gently reset the turntables and blush with embarrassment. I'm too good to have made such a simple mistake. Feeling sick, I set the auto play, step down from the station, and walk briskly over to the bar where Elusive was waiting, looking smug as usual.

"Business or pleasure…?" I asked, sitting down on one of the bar stools.

"Business" Elusive said, taking a sip of his drink.

"Well what is it that you're needing officer?I've obeyed my parole.. and I haven't been to underworld... or canterlot, in months." I smirked.

"yes, so I heard.. your parole officer happens to be a good friend of mine. But that's not why I'm here."Elusive replied matching my confident smirk with a fierce glare. Suddenly I didn't feel so confident anymore. "In fact," he continued, never breaking that piercing stare, never missing a beat. "I need your help. Is there somewhere.. more private we can talk?"

"My help? You. You need MY help? Yea.. let's go to my office in the back. It's a bit more private" I led Guard master Elusive to the back room, my "office" of sorts. Not much more than a small semi sound proofed stock room with a desk and a few chairs haphazardly thrown in. The walls were bare, and the whole room had a sad and run down feel to it. The muffled sound of the club could be heard through the wall to the left of the desk.

"So, what's this about needing my help?" I asked, casually sitting down behind the desk, and pulled out a small barrel, about the size of saddle bag. "But first, how about a drink. I just received a barrel of the Apple family's latest hard cider from the summer harvest." I didn't wait for a reply, just poured him a large mug of the frothy alcoholic beverage. With a sigh, Elusive Black Sat down, his armour clicking gently with his movements. He grabbed the mug slowly, and took a hesitant sip.

"Mmm. That is good".I smiled and poured myself a smaller mug and sipped it slowly, as Elusive spoke. "I know this is a surprise to you, me coming here for help. With our past and all. The trial..." "that does not matter right now. Drink! You are safe in my house." He took a larger drink of the hard cider

"hic-that's some strong -hic- cider..."He trailed off, losing focus on what he was saying. I sat patiently as he finished the drink, realizing that his alcohol tolerance must be pretty low, or he had a lot more at the bar in the other room than I thought. He slumped over, asleep.

"Well that's a twist" I lifted him onto my back and carried him up to one of the small bedrooms upstairs and laid him down in the bed. "That's gonna be one nasty hang over..."