• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 1,322 Views, 94 Comments

Beasts and Beings - Stories of Equestria's Inhabitants - Strongbolt Stonewing



Ever wondered what colour a Jumquap is? Or what makes Sporcelli angry? Well, stranger, now you too can know. For in your very hooves you hold the ultimate guide to Equestria's beasts and beings.

  • ...
0
 94
 1,322

Noctoclett

A Noctoclett (Nok-Tok-Let) is a small, furry creature found within large plains or meadows. Its entire body is coated in spiked, black hair.

Its is small and circular in shape and it's face is built into its torso, which also acts as it's head. It has no arms or legs, just a pair of claws and feet that can tuck into its bushy body.

Noctocletts are the nocturnal versions of Ocletts (explained later), so naturally, they only ever come out at night.

They are generally quite safe, just very antisocial. Unlike regular, garden-variety Ocletts, they prefer to stick to themselves and their own communities. They rarely ever converse with or even acknowledge anything that isn't one of their own kind.

Noctocletts are also carnivorous, however, as far as we know they've never actually eaten a pony.

They usually get around by tucking their claws and feet inside their fur, then propelling themselves forward.

Because of their spherical shape, they can roll freely and generally get anywhere pretty quickly.

We met a group of Noctocletts rolling around gloomily in the meadows near Ponyville.

We were camping out under Luna's moon...

That's a bit of an overused expression.

What do you mean?

Well, everypony says "Luna's moon"; it's getting kind of repetitive.

So? It's not like somebody wrote a set of rules or a guide on what you should and shouldn't put in your writing.

...

...

...

Actually... Well, never mind. Let's continue.

Good idea. So we were setting up our tent when a group of Noctocletts rolled (literally rolled) passed us.

A few of them stopped and stared at us for a second, blinked twice, then carried on.

That was all we saw really. They didn't do much else.

So, they aren't too exciting, pretty glum, but they're alright.

Ocletts, on the other hoof, are a whole different story...

I see what you did there.