• Published 9th Oct 2016
  • 1,816 Views, 1 Comments

(SiC) Part 9 - Sailing Through The Storm - Brian Jacko



Sailing through the storm is never fun. It can be dangerous and scary, but also necessary. The ponies are facing some of the hardest times of their lives, some much worse than others. Could this be the end of SiC, or will they somehow prevail?

  • ...
0
 1
 1,816

Scootaloo's Scuffle

Scootaloo was at her desk listening to her teacher talk about the history of Ponyville. She sat there with her one hoof holding her head up and her other hoof was tapping against her desk as her right hind leg shook with anticipation while she was waiting for lunch. She was hungry and she couldn't wait for school to end so that she could practice her tricks on her scooter and maybe get to see her favorite pony, Rainbow Dash. All she had to do was make it through the last half of the school day after lunch.

The school bell finally rang signifying that it was lunch time.

Miss Cheerilee perked up and smiled. "Alright, my little ponies. It's lunch time and since it's such a gorgeous day today, I think we should all eat outside. Does that sound like fun?"

The fillies and colts cheered with excitement.

Miss Cheerilee was one of those awesome teachers that did fun things like field trips, lunch outside, and extended playtime without sacrificing the learning experiences.

Scootaloo couldn't wait to get outside in the sunlight, but she was a little sad that Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle just so happened to be out sick today since both of them had recently caught the measles. Scootaloo remembered how much fun she had when she caught the measles and how all the adults pampered her and gave her lots of soup as if she were suffering greatly even though the experience wasn't that bad going through it. The orange filly ran over to her cubbyhole, grabbed her lunch and ran out the door that Miss Cheerilee was holding open for them. She was a filly that loved to be outside and had an adventurous heart like her hero, Rainbow Dash.

Outside, Scootaloo looked for a place to enjoy her lunch. She felt a little lonely when looking at all the other fillies and colts sitting around the playground, talking and getting their lunches out together. She wanted to be away from everypony because of two classmates who made her life a nightmare whenever they possibly could. They were getting more physically and verbally abusive with her every time she saw them. Without Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom with her, she knew that she was bound to be even more of a target to bully than she normally was. Even when she was near their teacher, they still somehow managed to do things to her without getting caught. Scootaloo looked around a bit and found a log under a tree, next to a bush that was a bit further away from the play area. At least she could have some peace and quiet where she could think to herself. Scootaloo ran over to the tree with her lunch and sat down on the log. She noticed that there were large stones that surrounded this area and appeared as if they were arranged here by some other pony. On each rock were words of encouragement and quotes to inspire those who came here. There were wood chips that covered the ground underneath the tree and there were planted flowers where honey bees were busy buzzing around. It was quite a peaceful and relaxing place to be. In this little area, she remembered that some students came to this spot to read. She began taking out her lunch and nibbling on a carrot, when suddenly, a baby bunny appeared from out from under a bush before her. Scootaloo blinked several times as she studied the little rabbit.

The bunny got a little bit closer and sat down in front of Scootaloo. Its eyes locked on the carrot and its nose twitched several times.

Scootaloo looked at her carrot and then back at the bunny. "Would you like the rest of my carrot?" Scootaloo asked out loud. She very slowly placed the carrot down in front of the innocent little bunny and watched it cautiously move over to it and began to nibble. Scootaloo's eyes opened wide and she grinned. "Maybe I can get my cutie mark in taking care of animals just like Fluttershy does." She put her hoof out slowly and softly touched the bunny.

Surprisingly, the bunny did not flinch or run a way but stayed there content with Scootaloo and the carrot.

"Wow, this is so awesome! Fluttershy was right all along when she told me to appreciate God's beauty and work in nature," Scootaloo said as she pet the bunny a few more times before taking her hoof back. She smiled again and had her eyes focused on the little creature. Her face was close to the bunny and her attention was so drawn on the creature that she had no idea that two ponies were behind her, watching what she was doing. Her contentment and peace, bonding with this bunny was shattered when a hoof that seemed to come out of nowhere came crashing down onto the bunny.

Scootaloo cried out and jumped back. There stood her worst nightmares, Diamond Tiara and her follower, Silver Spoon.

Scootaloo looked back down at the bunny that was still alive and twitching underneath Diamond Tiara's hoof. Shock and anger flooded Scootaloo's mind. "Hey! Why would you hurt a defenseless little bunny like that?"

Diamond Tiara looked down at the suffering little bunny and then twisted her hoof into its neck, killing it. "Because we're going to have a little fun with this bunny and you, chicken!"

Scootaloo backed herself up against the tree. "Why can't you two just leave me alone? Why did you have to kill that bunny?"

"Because we're going to feed it to you," Diamond Tiara said. "You're a poor filthy filly who gets free milk and meals at lunch so we're going to do good and make it our mission to feed the poor today."

The two bullies approached her and when they got close enough, Diamond Tiara put her hoof on Scootaloo's shoulder, but Scootaloo shoved her away.

"Leave me alone! Miss Cheerilee is going to suspend you both when I tell her what you did."

"Don't be a tattle tale, blank flank," Diamond Tiara said and then swung her hoof at Scootaloo's face.

Scootaloo ducked under the attack, but the tip of Diamond's hoof clipped the top of Scootalloo's head.

Scootaloo felt that it was time to fight back. She drove her body forward and all those boxing lessons she took made her react instinctively. Her hoof connected to Diamond's chest, knocking her back.

Both bullies were shocked that Scootaloo would ever attempt to fight back like that.

Scootaloo stood on her hind legs and put both of her front hooves to her face, ready to pummel either bully if they dared get close enough again.

Silver Spoon watched her friend gasp for air for a moment and then turned back to Scootaloo. "So you want to play tough, chicken?" She lunged after Scootaloo with her hoof intended for Scootaloo's face, but Scootaloo, being quick and agile, easily dodged the aggressor and turned her back to the attacker. With one mighty buck to the ribs of Silver Spoon, Scootaloo sent her back next to her fallen friend.

The attackers were both afraid, but they were determined to humiliate her even more now that Scootaloo had the guts to fight back like that. It was obvious that neither bully would be able to take her one on one like that.

Both fillies looked at each other for a moment and then lunged at her simultaneously.

Scootaloo felt confused and overwhelmed as she didn't know who to target first. She swung her hoof at the target that she felt was slightly closer. Her hoof landed hard against Silver Spoon's face, breaking her glasses and sending them flying off her head.

Diamond Tiara tackled Scootaloo to the ground and struggled to contain the fighting filly. Scootaloo was squirming around and bucking as hard as she could in hopes to shake the attacker off of her.

"Help me out here, Silver Spoon," Diamond Tiara called out as she continued to struggle to hold the bucking filly down. She tried to hit Scootaloo a few times with her hoof but missed and hit the ground.

Silver Spoon looked around and found a large rock next to her. She picked it up and slammed it as forcefully as she could against Scootaloo's head.

The pain was so great that Scootaloo was stunned and didn't holler out in pain. Her body gave up the fight as she lay there completely stunned and in too much pain to move. Her eyes were shut tightly and her face scrunched up in agony.

Diamond Tiara fully pinned the injured filly to the ground. Now was their chance to humiliate Scootaloo.

Silver Spoon grabbed the limp bunny and gave it to her partner.

Diamond put the bunny near Scootaloo's mouth. "Eat it!" she demanded.

Scootaloo opened up her teary eyes and slowly turned her head away.

Diamond Tiara began slamming her hoof as hard as she could into Scootaloo's face in order to force her to open her mouth. There was a sadistic smile on Diamond's face each time she watched Scootaloo's head hit the ground with every shot to the head that she gave the defenseless filly. "As my Daddy always tells me, It's better to give than to receive," Diamond said as she continued to pummel her victim.

Scootaloo began to lose consciousness and her mouth opened.

Diamond proceeded to place the bunny into her mouth until a mighty force knocked her and Silver Spoon off their hooves and slammed them into the tree.

The two fillies sat there stunned and hurt for a moment. As their blurry vision began to clear, they saw a furious looking mare staring down at them. It was a pony who they both feared very much.

"If you've got a problem with Scoots, then you have a big problem with me!" the cyan mare said.

"R-r-rainbow Dash!" Diamond Tiara cried out. "You have no right to bully and shove us around like that! You're an adult mare and we're just little fillies. We're going to get you arrested for hurting us like that! When I tell my Dad what you did, he's going to have you put in jail!"

"You just leave Scootaloo alone from now on! Don't you ever put a hoof on her again. Do you understand me!?" Rainbow Dash raised her hoof at them as if she were going to strike them.

This terrified the two bullies and they ran away quickly.

Rainbow Dash watched them flee and then turned to her most favorite filly. She had no idea just how bad she looked until now. She saw the bruised and swollen face, the nasty gash on her forehead that was bleeding from getting hit with the rock, and how horrible her coat looked after getting roughed up so badly. "Dear God, what on earth did they do to you?" Rainbow Dash said as she put her hoof to her mouth in shock and approached the fallen filly. She put her hoof on Scootaloo's shoulder and moved her very gently, afraid that she may have broken some bones and might accidentally hurt her even more. "Scoots, please talk to me and tell me you're okay."

Scootaloo opened her eyes and despite the discomfort and pain she was in, she still smiled a bit when she saw her hero standing above her.

"Scoots, I'm so sorry that I didn't think to come by earlier. Are you okay? I think I need to take you to the hospital."

Scootaloo put her hoof to her forehead and closed her eyes tightly from the pain. She looked at her hoof and saw the blood on it, but she couldn't act hurt in front of her hero even though she was in tremendous pain. "I'm fine, really," Scootaloo said in a voice that quivered slightly. Scootaloo slowly sat up, her head continuously shaking from the pain. She stared at Rainbow Dash for a moment as if she were in a trance and was unsure what had just happened.

"Scoots? Talk to me."

Scootaloo, feeling dizzy, lost her balance and fell into Rainbow Dash. She wrapped her front legs around Rainbow Dash in an attempt to not only keep her balance, but more so because she wanted to hug her hero. After feeling stable on her hooves again, she buried her head in Rainbow's chest. "I love you, Rainbow Dash. You saved me. You really are like my guardian angel."

Rainbow Dash put her wing around the battered filly. "Hey, Scootaloo, I think we should go tell your teacher about what just happened."

Scootaloo picked her head up and shook her head no. "I just want to stay here with you for a while. I feel safe with you."

Rainbow Dash noticed the stained blood on her cyan colored coat. "We can stay here for a little bit, but we need to tell the teacher about what happened soon, and I mean very soon."

Scootaloo looked up at Rainbow with sad eyes. "You won't think that I'm a wimp for telling the teacher, do you?"

"Of course not," Rainbow Dash replied.

Scootaloo looked over at the tree and then tugged at Rainbow's hoof. "Come here first."

Rainbow Dash felt like they should go see the teacher now, but she obeyed and followed her. Scootaloo took her to the tree where she was attacked and sat down with Rainbow Dash. The two ponies stayed there looking at the playground and Scootaloo was making some observations as Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon pushed and harassed a little colt around.

Scootaloo watched the incident for a moment and then noticed that her teacher was being distracted by Pip Squeak. He was showing her his new collection of rocks.

"I don't get it," Scootaloo said. "It's like what just happened makes not a difference in the world to them. Look at how they continue to bully other ponies as if their incident with me never took place. I heard Diamond goes to church every Sunday and Silver Spoon's family takes her to some kind of temple every week and yet they still act like jerks."

"Yeah, I kind of already knew that," Rainbow said with a sigh.

"Where did you hear about that?"

"Everypony knows about Diamond's Dad, Filthy Rich. It's no secret that he takes her to church just to build his reputation and uses religion in order to get more money for his business, although I don't know how he has any kind of reputation with his daughter getting into trouble nearly all the time. It's really sad and I'm sorry that they take their misery out on you."

"But if they go to worship God, why aren't they better ponies?" Scootaloo asked.

"Because they obviously care nothing about what's being taught there. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian and I wouldn't be surprised if Diamond's Dad forces her to go anyway."

"Yeah," Scootaloo said. "I'm just amazed how everypony says that hatred is a learned process. I really don't think it is when I see Filthy Rich interact with Diamond Tiara. Every time I see him around the playground, he's always encouraging her to share more and be nicer to the other fillies and colts. It's like every time a new classmate comes into the school, they make it their mission to interrogate and terrorize them. Do you really believe hatred and selfishness is a learned process, Rainbow?"

"Nope. I've even seen Rarity's baby hit her when he doesn't get what he wants. You are wise beyond your years and your observations are correct. We all have a selfish sin issue and we are prone to being prejudice and hateful towards others who are different than us. It's like tribalism on the playgrounds from what you have told me. They don't have the peace that Christ gives us, Scoots. I have a feeling the love of money might have quite a bit to do with why their family is notoriously known for being dysfunctional.

Scootaloo sighed. "You know, Silver Spoon used to actually be a somewhat decent pony until she became friends with Diamond Tiara."

"And the Bible tells us not to be yoked together with the wicked and dark."

"I still don't hate them," Scootaloo said. "Want to pray for them now?"

Rainbow Dash looked at Scootaloo's head that was still gushing with blood. "You know, Scoots, that's an awfully nice thing for you to want to do and we can do that later, but let me ask you, how do you feel?"

Scootaloo couldn't admit in front of her hero that she was in a world of pain right now, so she admitted to something else that was true. "Very tired."

"Yeah, I don't want you to bleed out on me, kid. We are going to tell your teacher now."

Scootaloo looked upset now. "Are you sure that I won't be a wimp if we tell her what happened?"

"Not at all and I think you're one tough cookie. We need to tell her so that we can end their bullying and torment, not just to you, but to others as well."

Scootaloo felt comforted and got up, but just that slight movement made the pain in her head that much worse.

Rainbow Dash noticed her holding her head in agony and scooped her up in her hooves. "Let me take you there."

Scootaloo was going to object and say she felt fine, but she felt so good and secure being held by her hero that she decided not to say anything.

Rainbow Dash zipped over to Miss Cheerilee who was still being occupied by Pip Squeak. "Eh-hem! You may really want to keep a better eye on your students!"

Miss Cheerilee turned around and became aghast when she saw how busted up Scootaloo was. She put her hoof to her mouth in shock. "My goodness! What happened!?"

Rainbow Dash looked angrily over at the two bullies that were harassing another school mate. "She was attacked by those two over there. You really should watch your students better so stuff like this doesn't happen."

Miss Cheerliee felt awful. She knew that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were trouble makers, but she didn't know just how bad they were until now. It also didn't help that Pip Squeak constantly fought for her attention whenever he had the chance. She got closer and studied the wounds on Scootaloo's body closely. "Scootaloo needs to get stitches in her forehead right now. I can get a pony to take her to the hospital."

"No need, I'll take her myself," Rainbow said.

"That's fine," Miss Cheerilee said. "You'd better leave now though. That gash is nasty on her forehead. In the meantime, I'm going to deal with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. I may have to expel them for this." The teacher looked down at Scootaloo and said, "I'm so sorry I wasn't paying attention to you, Scootaloo. This is all my fault."

Scootaloo gave a weak smile and said, "It's fine, Ms. Cheeriliee. Knowing them, they'd find a way to try to hurt me regardless if it was on school time or not. I still think you're a great teacher."

Even hearing those words didn't make Miss Cheerilee feel any better because she felt so badly for being a poor supervisor and that this incident may cause her to lose her job. All she could do was smile at the injured filly. "Thank you, Scootaloo. You need to get going now. Please feel better."

Rainbow Dash hugged Scootaloo close to her chest as if she were her own little filly. "Come on kid, let's get you stitched up." Rainbow Dash spread her wings and took off.

Miss Cheerilee watched the couple dash off. She had no idea who that cyan colored mare was, she had seen her sometimes lurking around the school playground and talking to Scootaloo before. Perhaps she was a family member. Miss Cheerilee had the intuition that she could trust Rainbow Dash to take good care of Scootaloo. Her thoughts ceased when she turned and saw the two trouble makers bothering other ponies. She walked behind the two and stomped her hoof in anger on the ground making a loud thudding sound that startled the bullies.

They both turned to see their teacher angrily staring down at them. They knew they were in trouble, but they didn't care because Diamond's Daddy seemed to be able to get them out of any kind of trouble since he was so wealthy and was deeply involved in the town's politics.

Scootaloo looked down from the air and felt disoriented. "Rainbow Dash, I don't want to get stitches, I'll be fine."

"No, you need them."

"How about we make a deal?" Scootaloo asked with a smile.

"What's the catch?" Rainbow asked.

"I get to hang out with you for the rest of the day."

Rainbow Dash smirked. "I think that can be arranged."

Rainbow Dash made it to the hospital very fast and Scootaloo was instantly taken by Nurse Redhat when she saw the wound on her head.

After Rainbow Dash took care of speaking with the receptionist, she paced inside the waiting room. She felt a little guilty even though It wasn't her fault that she didn't get there earlier to prevent this whole mess that poor Scootaloo found herself in. Her whole business in being there in the first place was just to surprise Scootaloo to make her happy. She spent the whole time thinking of ideas that could cheer up the filly as she continued to pace around the room. Maybe she could take her to a theme park and go on rides, or maybe they could take a trip to the beach and visit her most favorite arcade. She didn't know what the best route would be, but she'd figure out a way to cheer her up. If only she had Pinkie Pie's abilities when it came to this. "Pinkie Pie," Rainbow Dash thought to herself. "I wonder how that mare is doing." She remembered how she was getting a bit more wacky than usual. Perhaps it was just a phase she was going through. She just never knew with Pinkie and neither did anypony else. She walked over to the window and stared outside, contemplating about what to do.

About a half hour later she heard a voice. "All done now. She was a brave little filly."

Rainbow Dash turned to see Nurse Redhat smiling and Scootaloo sucking on a lollipop.

There was a large band aid on Scootaloo's forehead covering the stitches.

"How many stitches did she need?" Rainbow asked.

"About twenty. She was really busted open!" the Nurse replied. "You might want to give her some rest and aspirin when she gets home. You can bring her back in two weeks to get the stitches removed."

Scootaloo was exhausted. She lost a lot of blood and didn't realize how pain could make you feel so sleepy. She walked over to Dash and leaned her aching head on Rainbow's chest. "Let's go to your house, Dash. You promised."

"Wait? My house?" Rainbow Dash thought to herself. "Scoots, you do remember that you attended my wedding and I don't live alone anymore, right? Are you sure you want to hang out with me and Soarin'?"

Scootaloo smiled. "Two Wonderbolts are better than one!"

Rainbow Dash almost patted her on the head but realized that probably wouldn't be a good idea at the moment. She scooped her up in her front legs and looked at the nurse. "Thanks for all your help, I'm so glad that she'll be okay," Rainbow Dash said. "I'll make sure that she rests and I'll have her back in two weeks. Take care." Rainbow Dash turned and left the hospital and was on her way back home. "So this is what you really want, kid? You don't want to go anywhere special or see a movie? You just want to chill with me and Soarin'?"

"Yes," Scootaloo said. "I don't think a movie would be very good for my head anyway."

"That's quite true." Rainbow Dash hoped that Soarin' wouldn't mind the special guest that would be staying for the day. She still didn't know what his deal was, nor really cared at this moment since she had already made a special promise to Scootaloo.

On their way home, Rainbow Dash's curiosity got the better of her and she asked, "So what exactly did they do to you in order to get twenty stitches?"

"I tried to fight them off but they came at me at the same time and managed to pin me to the ground. All I remember was being held down by Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon threw down a really large rock on my head."

"They stoned you and yet you wanted to pray and show them love?"

"Yes," Scootaloo answered her. "I remember how you never gave up hope for Risk Taker and Emerald Envy even though they hated you so much and hurt you very badly. You always told me to pray for my enemies."

Rainbow Dash felt so good to hear this. She was such a terrible role model and Christian with her arrogance and boasting in the past. Leaving a good impact on this little filly was extremely important to her. "You know, Paul got stoned by ponies who were angry with his preaching about Christ, yet he still got back up and went in to preach some more, which is a miracle because stoning in Biblical times was always intended to kill. Paul must have been one bloody mess for them to think that he was truly dead. I just can't help but think of that story and what happened to you. You've got a heart of gold, Scoots."

"Do you think it's going to hurt getting the stitches removed?" Scootaloo asked.

"It shouldn't, but you're going to have one wicked looking Scootascar on your head when they do come out," Rainbow answered.

"Oh? Is that bad?" Scootaloo asked.

"Nah, if anything, it's going to make you look more tough and rugged," Rainbow answered.

Thinking about looking more tough and rugged was something Scootaloo wanted to hear because she was picked on so frequently. Those words kept her content and silent the rest of the way to Rainbow's and Soarin's house.

Rainbow Dash made it home safely and tried to open the door but it was locked and she didn't have the keys to get in. Rainbow Dash knocked on the door loud enough for Soarin' to hear but hoping not loud enough to bother Scootaloo.

Scootaloo winced in pain at the sound of her knocking at the door.

"Sorry about that," Rainbow whispered to Scootaloo when she noticed how uncomfortable she looked.

Soarin' heard the knocking and called out, "Just give me a moment, I'll be right there."

Rainbow Dash looked at Scootaloo and then put her ear to the door. She could hear all kinds of scuffling and strange sounds. "I forgot to mention that Soarin' has been up to something and I have no idea what he's doing."

Scootaloo was unsure of what to say.

The door had opened and Soarin' peeked his head out with an awkward smile. "Hey Dash, you're home a bit earlier than I expected."

Rainbow Dash cleared her throat. "We have a special visitor for today."

Soarin' looked down and noticed Scootaloo. "Whoa, what happened to her?"

"She got into a little skirmish with some bullies at school. Are you going to let us in or what?" Rainbow asked, sounding rather impatient and slightly annoyed.

"Most certainly!" Soarin' said as he opened the door and stepped back.

The two ponies stepped inside and Rainbow closed the door.

Rainbow Dash looked at the clock and realized how late it was. "Goodness! We were at the hospital for quite a long time. It will be dinner time soon. What would you like me to make, Soarin'?"

"Why don't you take a break and we can order some pizza?" Soarin' suggested.

"Ungh. We ate so much pizza back when we still had Bible study." Rainbow Dash thought for a moment and then looked at Scootaloo. "What do you want to eat, Scoots? I'm really not that much of a good cook, but you make the call."

"Pizza!" Scootaloo said with excitement, her voice cracking like Sweetie Belle's. Pizza was a food that she almost never got to eat.

Rainbow Dash smiled at her enthusiasm. "Alright, I'll go pick up a pizza. Now, do you want to come with me or wait here with Soarin'?

Scootaloo looked back and forth between Soarin' and Dash. "Actually," she said. "Would you mind if I stay here because my head still really hurts and flying around with you isn't helping me feel any better."

Rainbow Dash looked up at Soarin', still wondering what his deal was about all his secrecy. "Yeah, you can stay with him. There's some aspirin in the medicine cabinet, Soarin'. The nurse said to give her some when she gets home. Oh, yeah, and I need some bits."

Soarin' gave her a bag full of bits for the pizza that he picked up from the table next to him.

She took the bag and looked at Scootaloo. She looked unusually happy. The smile on the filly's face made her smile a bit as well. "Alright, you two, I'm going to go out and I'll try not to be too long." Rainbow Dash felt a little odd for some reason and felt the need to ask the same question once more. "Are you sure you don't want to come with me, Scoots?"

"Yeah, I really don't feel good and I want to spend a little time with your other half as well. You won't be that long, right?" Scootaloo asked.

Rainbow Dash shook her head no. "I won't be back here in ten seconds flat, but I won't be very long either. I just hope you won't be bored."

Scootaloo looked up at Soarin'. "Bored? How do I get bored with one of the two greatest Wonderbolts of all time!?" Scootaloo grabbed onto Soarin's front leg. "You two are the coolest!"

Soarin' smiled awkwardly at Dash. "You'd better go get that pizza before it gets any later."

Rainbow Dash stared at Scootaloo and was surprised how attached she was to Soarin'. Scootaloo didn't know him that well and she had no idea how well Soarin' did with kids, but she figured she was over thinking everything too much. Scootaloo was hungry, she was hungry, and Soarin', well, Soarin' was always implied as hungry. Rainbow Dash winked at Scootaloo and then left.

About a half hour later, Rainbow Dash got home with the pizza. She wanted to make sure that Scootaloo was okay and having a good time with her spouse. It felt like torture having to smell good pizza while flying with it back home when hungry. If she had sent Soarin' to get the pizza, he probably would have eaten everything mid flight. Soarin' had very little self control when it came to eating. Rainbow Dash walked into the house quickly and found Soarin' with his back turned to her, sitting on their special gaming bean bag chair and playing a video game. She scanned the room looking for Scootaloo but did not see her. Soarin' was supposed to be watching and cheering up Scootaloo and here he was playing games and Scootaloo was no where to be found. "Where the heck is Scootaloo?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Soarin' put the tip of his hoof up to his mouth. "Shhhh." He then went back to playing his game.

Rainbow Dash was a bit ticked. "You know, I thought maybe you could watch her and cheer her up instead of playing a video game while I was out."

"Shhhh," Soarin' whispered again, his eyes still locked on the screen.

Rainbow Dash angrily walked over and put the pizzas down on the table. "I was hoping that you might...." Rainbow Dash turned and saw Scootaloo curled up in a ball on Soarin's chest, sleeping with a gaming controller in between her hooves."

"Shhh," Soarin' whispered once more.

Rainbow Dash put her hoof to her heart. She hadn't seen anything so adorable before. She quietly walked over and got low to the floor. "She fell asleep? I wasn't gone that long, was I?"

Scootaloo was lulled to sleep between the clicking of buttons and the near constant sounds of Soarin's stomach rumbling.

Soarin' shook his head no. "Shortly after you left, she started to break down in tears because she said the pain was becoming unbearable, so I gave her some aspirin. When she began to feel better, she wanted to play a game with me and she climbed onto me and we started playing until she fell asleep. You wouldn't believe how much she wouldn't stop talking about the two of us as if we were the only thing that interested her. She kept saying that she wished we were her parents."

The thought that Scootaloo told Soarin' that she wished she was their parents was very heartwarming. Rainbow Dash always envisioned Scootaloo as her very own daughter and she had no idea that she liked Soarin' or felt this secure with him.

"Where does this filly live anyway?" Soarin' asked.

"She stays at an orphanage and I would rather not discuss this in front of her in case she wakes up. It's a rather heartbreaking story."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that," Soarin' said. "I guess we should wake her up now."

Before Soarin' was able to put his hoof on the sleeping filly to gently shake her, his stomach growled so loudly that it woke her up.

Scootaloo yawned and was still out of it. "Dad? Mom?" she asked out loud.

"It's time to eat, Scootaloo," Soarin' said. "Aren't you hungry?"

Scootaloo opened up her eyes and blinked a few times. "I fell asleep?" She asked.

"You were out like a light," Rainbow Dash said.

"Wow, pain makes you super tired," Scootaloo admitted.

"Tell me about it," Rainbow Dash said. She looked at the boxes of pizza on the table and then back at the giant comfy bean bag chair. "You know what? That little set up looks a heck of a lot more comfy than sitting at the table."

Rainbow Dash went over and brought back the boxes of pizza. She then zipped into the kitchen and came back with one of her most favorite drink for each pony, grape juice. She sat on the left side of Scootaloo and rubbed her two front hooves together. "Let's dig in!" Rainbow Dash opened a box and gave Scootaloo a slice.

The orange filly took a bite and watched Soarin' chow down. Scootaloo started giggling. "Wow, he likes to eat really fast."

"Oh, don't mind him. Although, if you don't finish your food fast enough he tends to beg like a dog for more. Isn't that right, Soarin'?" Rainbow asked.

"What?" Soarin' asked with a mouthful of pizza. "I can't hear you over the deliciousness of this pizza!"

"Or more like you can't hear me because you chew so loudly."

Soarin' drove his face back into the pizza box and continued to consume his pie very quickly.

Scootaloo laughed again. She sat there perfectly content, squished in between the two ponies on the voluminous bean bag chair. She felt like she was in Heaven. A place where she felt that she could never get sad or upset and a place where she felt unconditionally loved and accepted for who she was. She came here not knowing Soarin' that well, but had high expectations that she would like him simply because Rainbow Dash did, and Scootaloo typically had great interest in anything that Rainbow Dash found appealing, so therefore Soarin' was instantly awesome in her eyes.

It wasn't long until all three ponies sat there with bellies full of pizza

Rainbow Dash nudged Scootaloo. "Up for a treat, Scoots? I have a giant gourmet chocolate chip cookie with your name on it."

Scootaloo was full, but how could she say no? She hardly got any treats where she lived. "Okay," she simply said.

Rainbow Dash went into the kitchen and retrieved the cookie. "You're lucky Soarin' didn't find this first," she said and then gave the treat to the little filly.

Scootaloo looked at the cookie and then back to Rainbow Dash and Soarin'. "What about you, Rainbow? And what about Soarin'? Doesn't he deserve a special treat too?"

"Yeah! Don't I deserve a special treat too!?" Soarin' repeated.

"Not really. Soarin' hasn't been a very good boy lately and doesn't deserve a special treat," Rainbow said as she looked at him suspiciously.

"What!?" Scootaloo asked. "I don't believe that. Soarin' is so nice and he's fun and he made me feel so safe and special today. He deserves a treat too!" Scootaloo then hugged the side of Soarin' in hopes to prove to Rainbow Dash that he was a good pony and deserved a special treat as well.

"Yeah! I do," Soarin' said and then stuck his tongue out at Rainbow in a playful manner.

Scootaloo let go of him and began breaking the cookie up into pieces.

"What are you doing?" Rainbow asked.

Scootaloo gave parts of her cookie to both Soarin' and Rainbow Dash. "Not too many ponies are this nice to me and share so much. I just wanted to give back a little bit since you both deserve it too."

"That's really sweet of you, Scoots. You didn't have to do that." Rainbow said.

"I don't think I could have finished it all on my own anyway." Scootaloo chomped down on her treat and then asked. "Would it be okay if I stayed over for the night? I don't think the ponies looking after me would care if I'm gone for only a single night."

Rainbow Dash bit her lower lip when she thought about the possible negative consequences of giving into her wish. "Scoots, I hate to break your heart, but I can't let that happen. In fact, we really need to get you back home now. I bet they are already worried and searching for you, especially with what happened today. I would imagine that Miss Cheerilee has probably written quite an extensive report and I'm sure they have lots of questions for you and that those two bullies are going to have to face extreme consequences for what they did to you. I can have you come over another day though. I just need to get you back because I could get into big trouble for keeping you out too late."

Scootaloo's lower lip began to quiver. "But I don't care what happens to Diamond Tiara or Silver Spoon. I'm just so happy right now and I don't want to go back. Scootaloo put her two front hooves together and begged. "Please, please, please, let me stay with you both for tonight." She looked back at Soarin' and then to Rainbow Dash hoping one of them would say yes.

As much as Rainbow Dash wanted to give in, she had to be responsible. "I'm sorry, Scootaloo, but we have to go. I promise to make something special happen for you."

Scootaloo began to cry because she was so upset that she had to leave. "Like what?" she asked.

Rainbow Dash put her hoof to her chin and thought about the situation. "I don't know exactly, but I promise I'll do something super special for you if you come with me now."

Scootaloo hugged Soarin' good bye. "Thanks for having me over today. I'm going to miss you."

Soarin' patted her on the head gently. He hadn't seen a filly so obsessive and overly attached like this one. Perhaps she really did get no love where she was from. "Thanks for coming over, I hope to see you again. Feel better."

Scootaloo let go of him and walked over to the door with her head down low. "I'm ready; let's go home."

Rainbow Dash picked the filly up and said goodbye to Soarin' before leaving. She was sure that she'd have a lot of questions to answer about today's incident as well since she was involved in it.

Sure enough, when they got there, the police were there waiting for Scootaloo in order to question her and Rainbow Dash. It was a long night of questions and it seemed like there was going to be some major penalties facing the fillies that hurt her.

Rainbow Dash hadn't been under so much questioning in all her life and it exhausted her, although they were rather understanding and let her go early since she was quite well known by most ponies. She had spent the rest of the day there and it was time for Scootaloo to go to bed.

Rainbow Dash walked Scootaloo over to her bed. She yawned as she watched her crawl into the bed and get cozy under the blankets. "Good night, kid." Rainbow turned to leave until she heard Scootaloo call out.

"Wait."

Rainbow turned around. "What's up?" she asked.

"You promised me something extra special that you'd do for me. What are you planning on doing?" the orange filly asked with curiosity.

Rainbow stood there stunned a bit. The truth was that she had not a clue in the world what special thing she would do for her and it bothered her very much. "I honestly don't know at this moment, but don't worry, I'm sure I'll think of something soon. Maybe you can help me out and pray that it will be something extra, extra special."

"I will," Scootaloo said.

Rainbow smiled. "Good night, kid. See you soon."

"Good night," Scootaloo said. She watched Rainbow Dash flick off the light and gently close the door. Scootaloo put her two front hooves to her head and prayed. "Dear God, today was really crazy, but Rainbow Dash said that I should pray for my extra special wish and I just really, really, really want her to be my Mom and Soarin' to be my Dad. I was really sad that they wouldn't let me stay overnight at their house, but I understand why that couldn't happen now. Please, please, if there's only one thing in my life that I wish to come true, it's that I want to be adopted by them and soon. In Jesus's name I pray, amen." Scootaloo fell asleep very fast after that prayer. It was a long stressful day and her body needed lots of rest and healing.