• Published 19th Mar 2012
  • 2,035 Views, 42 Comments

Vinyl Secret. - Proud Blank Flank



Ever wonder why Vinyl Scratch wears goggles? Do you want to know her secret?

  • ...
2
 42
 2,035

Acceptance.

Chapter 8: Acceptance.

“Yes,” Blaze agreed to Vinyl's request. “On two conditions,” Blaze approached Vinyl and stood within a good 3 feet of her.

“What are they?” Vinyl asked, rolling off the couch and standing, closing in the distance between them down to about a foot.

Blaze was slightly taller than Vinyl so she had to angle her head up to meet his gaze.

“One: You must stay upstairs at all times. We will bring you food, water, and things to keep you entertained. You are free to use the restroom as well.”

“Okay,” Vinyl Nodded.

“Two: We will need you to keep our room clean, Such as; making our beds.”

“'Kay. I can do that,” Vinyl said. She turned and walked around Blaze to the stair way.

“Wait,” Blaze said, putting his hoof out to stop her. “Go shower. Get the stains out. Okay?”

Vinyl sighed in relief. She hadn't had any real relaxation in a while. She loved the idea of a warm shower but her answer to Blaze gave him the impression it was a chore for her. “Fine,” She had said.

After Vinyl's shower, around 2am in the morning, Vinyl dried off, opened the bathroom door, and exited. Blaze and Oxide stayed up to make sure Vinyl didn't have any problems or needed any help, though she was in the restroom, certainly a female pony didn't have any questions on how a bathroom worked.

Blaze and Oxide quietly readied themselves for their favorite pass time; sleep.

“Ummm. . . Where do I sleep?” Vinyl asked, searching the room of any possible place to rest her weary head.

“Uhhhh. . . I didn't really think of that,” Blaze whispered to himself, rolling his head around his shoulders, scanning the room. “Know what? How about Oxide and I share the top bunk and you can take mine?” Blaze jumped off his bed and looked up to Oxide, who stared down at the two ponies on the floor from the top of his ladder.

“It's okay with me,” Oxide assured with little enthusiasm.

“I don't wanna put you out of a place to sleep, Blaze,” Vinyl said, lowering her head.

“No, No. I insist. It's fine,” Blaze raised his hoof, pointing to his bed.

“If you say so. . .” Vinyl trotted to the bed and quickly crawled within its soft, heavenly sheets, while Blaze latched onto the ladder and urged Oxide to get situated.

“I'll get the lights,” Blaze announced, flicking a small switch that was easily located at the top of the steps for Oxide's benefit.

Darkness filled the room and Vinyl rolled around within the sheets to find a comfortable position in which to lay. Shuffling noises could be heard coming from the top bunk. Blaze and Oxide had to become accustomed to sharing a bed together, at least as long as Vinyl is there.

She finally found a position she could rest in. She worried her night vision would kick in, but she had a feeling they would only do that on command or in case of a dire situation. Vinyl wondered what other kind of things she could possibly do with her mind and eyes. Of course she wasn't any kind of super hero or anything out-of-the-ordinary but she could do incredible things given the chance. Maybe.

After a few moments of deep thought, something caught Vinyl's attention. Something she smelled titillated her nostrils. The smell enticed her in a way she never felt before. The only thing she knew was, it was coming from the bed, however; she didn't know that the aroma came from Blaze. Vinyl, being new to any interaction with colt's - and having forgotten her life before the accident – didn't have any recollection or knowledge of the “Birds and the bee's” speech.

Vinyl fought off the confused feelings of arousal and interest and proceeded to clear her mind, though the smell, having stained the walls of her nose, didn't help much. Maybe Vinyl had a thing for the mixed smells of adrenaline, sweat, and smoke. Or maybe she had a building-on-fire fetish.

Sleep finally subdued the filly and kidnapped her into dreamland with the sweet call of relaxation.

Vinyl awoke around noon. She leaned up in her new bed and rubbed her eyes, yawned, and then earned herself a well deserved stretch. Blaze and Oxide left to do their jobs, though she knew they were downstairs, but she wasn't allowed to go downstairs. She crawled out of bed and groggily made her way to the bathroom. She stopped in the doorway to come across a note and a small package that sat on top of the sparkling clean, porcelain counter.

Vinyl picked up the note and read it. Some toiletries for your stay, complimentary of Blaze and Oxide. The way Blaze had written the note made Vinyl feel like she had the VIP room in some fancy hotel, which made her smile.

Vinyl set the note down and opened the shoe sized box. A toothbrush, soap, shampoo, a brush, toothpaste, and some other feminine items – unmentionables – were placed within the box for Vinyl to use. The first thought that came to her mind was the simple idea of who caved in first to their pride to buy her the unmentionables she needed.

Vinyl showered, brushed her teeth, and did other things to freshen herself up before she cleaned up the room for Blaze and Oxide. Vinyl giggled at the thought of wearing a french maid outfit, considering she had become their bed making slave.

When she finished her chores, Oxide came up with a tray of breakfast items. Eggs, hash browns, and a glass of milk were all hers to enjoy. Vinyl thanked him and placed the delicious meal upon the desk that sat parallel to the beds and next to the window. Vinyl slowly enjoyed the food, she hadn't eaten in almost 2 days.

Oxide came upstairs thirty minutes later to check on Vinyl, bringing board games with him to keep her entertained. Monopony, The Game of Life, Connect four, Scrabble, Chess, Checkers, and Battle Ship were stacked on top of each other within his hooves. He set them down carefully on the floor in the middle of the room.

Vinyl and Oxide played games for a few hours; Oxide taking a few calls now and then. First they started with Monopony, and ended with Battle Ship. Vinyl won almost every game, or at least; Oxide might have let her win. The fun and games lasted about 3 hours before all the games had been over played. Oxide had to return his full attention to his job so they cleaned up the games and stored them away for another time.

Vinyl decided to take a nap until dinner was brought up by Blaze. Vegetable pot pie, hand made by Blaze himself, was placed upon the bed as Vinyl arose to rub her eyes and yawn. Gravy mixed with carrots, green beans, and peas flourished through out the room, finding its way into her nostrils. Steam rose slowly from the punctures within the golden brown crust. The 5 inch diameter pie was accompanied by a glass of Sweet Apple Acre's own apple cider.

Vinyl's mouth watered, her eyes glistened with delight, and her body shook in slight hunger. Tears formed, releasing a single bead of joy down her cheek. She quickly resisted the urge to cry and whispered to Blaze, “Thank you.”

“You're welcome,” he replied.

Blaze nodded and turned towards the stairs.

“Wait, aren't you going to eat?” Vinyl asked. Blaze stopped and looked over his shoulder.

“Well, Oxide and I eat downstairs so you can have privacy,” he answered.

“Well. . . Could you eat with me this time? I'd kinda enjoy the company,” Vinyl said. The absence of Star Shy being with her left her feeling empty deep down. At least with Blaze by her side, she can attempt to fill the void.

“I suppose. I'll bring my food up here. Be right back,” He said, looking onward and descending downstairs only to return a few moments later with the exact same meal. Blaze set his meal down at the opposite edge of the bed and sat next to Vinyl. He moved his tray onto his lap and licked his lips.

“Did you make this?” she asked, looking at him with her head tilted.

“Yes, I did. I usually cook all our meals,” Blaze said.

“Oh, cool. Well it does look good and I'm sure it tastes great too,” she said with an honest smile.

“Thanks,” Blaze said, rubbing the back of his head with his hoof with an embarrassed smile flashing on his face before he finally decided to pick up a fork. “Let's eat.” Blaze announced, digging into his dish and taking a huge bite.

Vinyl looked to her meal and picked up a fork, staring at the collation. To her, the pie was too perfect to dig into, to devour, or to destroy, but her hunger suppressed the feeling and urged her to eat, which she did.

Blaze finished his meal, shortly followed by Vinyl. Blaze plopped back against the bed and let out a sigh.

“Ugh. . . I'm so full,” He groaned.

“Me too,” Vinyl sighed and laughed softly, falling back onto the bed as well.

The smell of dinner faded away and silence filled the room for a few moments. Vinyl rubbed her stomach and closed her eyes, taking slow, deep breathes. A similar smell filled her senses, the same one that had penetrated her nose the night before. Vinyl looked to Blaze, who also had his eyes closed with his hooves behind his head.

Heat filled Vinyl's cheeks, causing shades of red to stain her face. Her pupils shrunk, she never felt this way before in her life, well; life in the past six months. Blaze opened his eyes slowly and looked to Vinyl, his eye brow raised in curiosity.

“Uhhhh. . .You okay there?” he asked.

Vinyl shook her head violently, shaking away her obvious feelings within her face, and smiled innocently. “Yeah, I'm fine.”

“M'kay,” Blaze murmured, laid his head back, and closed his eyes.

Vinyl rubbed her cheeks vigorously with her hooves, shaking her head in the process, then covered her nose to keep whatever smell was making her feel that way from entering her sinuses again.

Blaze raised himself from bed. “Well, I gotta head back down. I'll see you at bed time,” he said and returned back downstairs.

Vinyl rose slowly from the bed as well and nodded to him, then sat in the desk. She had to keep herself occupied once again, so she decided to pick up a book that sat at the edge of the desk. There was no title on it, but she opened it and began reading it anyway. It was a book about a group of young colts crash landing on a deserted island. She read the first thirty pages of the novel. The only thing that intrigued her about the book was a colt named Ralph.

She read on and off for awhile. When the sun started its descent behind the mountains, she had been reading it again. She glanced out the window from time to time to make sure no one was watching or spotted her. Vinyl set the book down for the last time. The bedroom glowed a soft orange, while the warm, still air in the room wrapped around Vinyl. Everything would have been perfect if what she saw just outside wasn't happening.

Two royal guards were passing from store to store and home to home, asking questions and entering for whatever reason they had. Vinyl stood and sunk beneath the sill of the window, peering over the edge to watch. Her heart began to race and anxiety attacked her. She couldn't go downstairs to warn Blaze or Oxide, it was a rule, but she did have another idea.

Vinyl turned to the hole in the wall that Oxide used to call Blaze downstairs. She leaped to it, wrapped her hooves around the funnel, and whispered loudly. “Blaze, Oxide, Royal Guards are coming, help!”

No reply. Vinyl crawled over to the window and peered out again, the guards finished with the building next door and headed their way to the fire station. Vinyl ducked her head as one of the guards looked up to the window. She cringed her body down to conceal herself.

The sound of a door opening came from below with the chime of a bell. “Yes, what can we do for you?” Oxide said.

“We'd like to speak with you for a moment, ask some questions, and then search your facility,” came a deep voice.

“Okay. What for?” Blaze said.

“We're looking for a pony by the name of Vinyl Scratch. We have a warrant for her arrest.”

“On a charge of what?” Oxide interrupted.

“That's confidential, sir. Anyway, we have a warrant for her arrest. She's white hided with dark blue spiked mane and light blue streaks. Her cutie mark is double eighth notes and she sometimes wears goggles. Have you seen this pony?”

Silence.

“No, we haven't,” answered Blaze and Oxide in unison.

“Okay. We'd like to search the building for any evidence that may lead us to finding her,” Heavy foot steps grew louder at the edge of the steps.

“Wait!” Blaze yelled in attempt to stop him.

“What?”

“That's a personal living space up there. Don't you need a search warrant for this?” Blaze asked.

“No. Royal Guards do not need any search warrant to search personal living quarters. . . Are you hiding something?” The guard finished with suspicion.

“. . .No,” Blaze whispered.

Heavy foot steps started once again. Vinyl's mind raced, wishing she had invisibility at that moment. Vinyl knew Manehatten would somehow search for her. Or maybe Manehatten didn't have anything to do with it. Maybe her parents ratted her out on the murder but didn't say anything about Manehatten. Or it could have been both.