• Published 8th Jan 2014
  • 1,747 Views, 27 Comments

He's Not Different - Excy



Spike, Fluttershy, and Furball try to live their lives.

  • ...
5
 27
 1,747

Ch.2: The Baby Shower

It's been almost 7 months now, and the baby is almost here. Fluttershy has been going crazy, along with Spike, who is extremely nervous. He doesn't feel ready or prepared to be a parent. And he is partially scared of Fluttershy. Along with her being scared, and her extreme food cravings (for example; chocolate banana peppers, topped with ketchup), she has had some really bad mood swings. It's not something you'd normally see from her, so when it happened, you'd have to be prepared for the worst. Expect the unexpected. And boy, did he ever. But all in all, they were both excited for their new baby colt, Furball.

"SPIKE, I NEED MORE SPECIAL PEPPERS. IF I DON'T GET THEM RIGHT NOW, I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT YOU WILL PAY!" Fluttershy demanded.

"Already on it." He was flying around the cottage, from Fluttershy, to the kitchen, back to Fluttershy, it was chaos. Angl bunny was already on the counter making the Choco-Ketchup Peppers.Spike was flying to the couch get the plate from Fluttershy. Her face was such a bright shade of red, it would match the color of the ketchup. There was a vein popping out from her head and her eyes looked like they would pop out at any second.

"Here you go, my love." He stuttered. He trembled in his place, just in case she didn't want them anymore, which happened often.

"IT'S ABOUT TIME! I NEEDED MY FIX FOR THE AFTERNOON BEFORE MY STRETCHING EXERCISES!" She ripped it and furociously ate it. Oddly, Spike stood there, leaning against the doorway, Angel on the counter. They were all content, until.

"Oh! Uh, 'Shy?"

"What?" She growled.

"Uh, well.. the baby shower is today."

"Oh yay! I'm so excited, Spikey! It's been almost seven months and the baby's almost here!" She said, excitedly, taing Spike by surprise.

"When do you want to leave?"

"When I'm finished, I'll get dressed."

"Are you gonna need my help?"

"Umm... no. I'll wear my maternity dress. Easy to access, easy to put on. And I'll just where my slippers. Thank you for caring so much!" He was on a happy streak

"Are you sure?"

Happy streak over.

"Does this face look unsure to you? Huh? Does it?! That's what I thought. Go get dressed."

"Okay, my love." He quickly said. "Hey, you too. You're part of this family too, ya fuzzball." He nudged to Angel. Spike and Angel don't per say, get along, but this was a special occasion.

Sooner or later, they all left for Sugarcube corner. Spike flew Fluttershy on his back at a slow pace, not wanting her to fall of or panic. But her constant yelling at him to speed up was worse.

"You fly like Bulk Biceps! Go faster! By the time we get there the baby will be born!" She yelled.

"I am trying my absolute hardest, 'Shy." Spike retorted. They contiued on until they got there. The whole way though, Angel Bunny was laughing his head off.

"Did you bring the peppers and ketchup?"

"Check."

"An extra dress?"

"Check."

"The carriage for the gifts?"

"Check."

"Okay, then I think we are ready." She said timidly.

When they walked in. It was dark.

"Surprise!" They all said, except for Pinkie, who yelled it.

"Pinkie, we told you not to yell, you could scare Flutershy, or worse. Make her mad." Twilight said, cringing.

"No Twilight, I think I will be able to control my mood. I had my snack before we came."

"Oh yeah, your 'snack.'" Everpony cringed at the thought of chocolate peppers with ketchup.

"Hey Fluttershy, we have a table dedicated to your snack!" Pinkie pointed out. The smell was atrocious. It was putrid. But to Fluttershy, it was heavenly. She basically levitated over to the table and took a large sniff.

"Alright everybody, let's start this party/baby shower!"

Time passed, and everypony was having fun. Twiight, and Fluttershy were talking about the pregnancy, and Fluttershys eating habit. Rainbow Dash and Applejack had a competition on who could eat the most Choco-Ketchup Peppers, which was short lived,so they tried to find something else. Rarity and Spike talked for awhile, which made Spike feel very old. It felt as if just yesterday, he was assisting Rarity making a dress, trying to work up the nerve to ask her out. Now, he was married, and soon to be a father.

"Alright everypony! Present time!" Pinkie announced.

They all sat in a circle around Spike and Fluttershy, Fluttershy sitting in a chair.

They got a wide variation of presents from everypony. They got a blanket and an apple toy form the Apples. They got a book from Twilight (Hey, it's a pop-up book!) Whatever. They got a rainbow lightning bolt pillow and weight from Rainbow and Soarin. They got a party cannon toy from Pinkie. Two full hand-sewn outfits from Rarity, an awesome cutie mark crusaders cape from the CMC, and a special present from Spike, a giant fluffy dragon stuffed animal.

"Ok everypony, last but not least, the cake cutting ceremony!"

There were two knives, one for Spike, and one for Fluttershy, the each cut a piece for themselves, and sat to eat. Twiight began cutting pieces for everypony else. She took Spikes cake and smooshed hit in his face, which was hilarious. His face was covered. He wiped some cake off and wiped it on her face. They both began to throw their cake at each other.

After another hour, the shower ended, and everypony went home. Spike, Fluttershy, and Angel were happy, excited, and tired. As soon as the got home, they kicked off their shoes, and laid in bed.

"Here's to seven months." He whispered to her. With that, they kissed, and fell asleep.

Author's Note:

Yay, no more hiatus! I only basically had it because of writers block and midterms, but its all over now! It was short, and its back, baby! Next chapter, we meet Furball! Until then,

Exciled, out!