• Published 8th Jan 2014
  • 1,747 Views, 27 Comments

He's Not Different - Excy



Spike, Fluttershy, and Furball try to live their lives.

  • ...
5
 27
 1,747

Ch.1: Four Years Later

It's been four years since Rarity turned Spike down. Four years since Spike resorted to cutting during his depression. Four years since he and Fluttershy got closer. And four years since Spike and Fluttershy got together. Nopony really realizes how fast four years can go by. It could have been wasted away, or spent well. Alot has happened in that time, too. Spike and Fluttershy got married, and so did Rainbow Dash and Soarin. Rarity finally has somepony to call her own for now, Thunderlane, they've been together for awhile now. Caramel has been sending mixed signals to Pinkie Pie, and she's noticed. Applejack and Twilight are together. There are some ponies who don't accept it, but Twilight's a princess, so they can't o anything. Spike hasn't cut ONCE in that time. And now, there might even be more news.

"Good morning, Spikey." Fluttershy greeted to the newly awoken dragon.

"Good morning, 'Shy."

"Thank you for the very good night, darling."

"Anytime you want, babe. And hey, since they doctor told us we're compatible, why not.?"

"You were amazing, Spike. And, we're gonna be parents!"

"Yes! I finally get to be a dad. I hope it's a boy to play games with."

"Well I hope it's a girl, so I can have a daughter who I can girl things with, since Rarity has been investing alot more time in projects and Thunderlane."

"Well, do you want to think of some names?" Spike asked.

"Yes, actually. For girls, there's Flower, Screwball, and I can't really think of anything else."

"And for a boy, we could name him Furball, Emerald, for his eyes and/or scales, or Basher."

"Basher sounds scary and I think your stomach is telling you to say Emerald."

"Hey, I thought of everything here from my mind, but now I'm hungry."

"Of course you are, silly." She kissed him on the cheek.

"Hey, let's go out for breakfast. My treat."

"No, it's okay. I don't mind cooking."

"No, 'Shy, I don't mind. Come on, I even have a restauraunt in mind."

"Hey wait, atleast let me get ready first!"

"Okay okay. Be quick though, I'm excited."

"I'll try."

Some time passed, and sooner or later they were at the restaurant, The Breakfast Klub. It was a small, cozy litle place, not too far from the cottage, but off the beaten path from Ponyville. When they were inside at a table, they had ordered their food.

"I'll have three chcocolate chip snd sapphire pancakes, with a side of four toast, two eggs, and a small plate of home fries, with a large glass of orange juice." Spike ordred. The waitress looked at him with wide eyes, but then realized he was serious. The look on her face was horrified. She turned to Fluttershy, prepared for the worst.

"I'll just have a pancake, some home fries and a small glass of orange juice." The waitress looked extremely confused, but said nothing except, "Your order will be here soon" in a frightened tone.

"So Spike, when should we tell them the news?"

"What news?"

"That we're going to be parents, Spike!"

"Oh yeah, well, I think waitng to see the ultrasound would be good."

"But that's atleast a week from now!"

"And?"

"I want to find out now."

"Well, you could do one of those pregnancy tests that work two days after, but you'd have to wait until tomorrow."

"Oh, okay. Hey our drinks!"

"Here are your drinks. Your food will be here shortly."

"Okay, thanks." They said in unison.

Other than basic small talk, it was quiet, until the food came. When the food arrived, it was delivered by a different pony. He alwas taller with a white coat.

"Pancake and home fries?"

"That would be me. Umm thanks."

The waitor took one look at the patiently waiting Spike.

"I'm going to take a wild guess this gigantic order is yours, sir."

"Thank you, sir."

As they were eating there meal, they were getting glares from different ponies. One couple sat there and watched, while another was pointing and mumbling somehing. Spike started to feel uncomfortable. Fluttershy could see him tense up. This is what always brought out the timid Fluttershy.

"Spikey, just calm down. Let's just enjoy our meal an we can leave."

"I hate when this happens." Spike grumbled.

"I know you do. Just don't pay attention to them."

"I'm trying, but it's like I feel them staring. I can't even enjoy a meal at a restaurant with my wife without someone staring." He said loudly so everyone else could hear. They all became shocked and some were afraid for Fluttershy.

"That's her husband?" He heard one say.

"She married a monster!" Said another.

"They shouldn't allow monsters like him into our restaurants where we eat!"

That was the last straw for Spike. Luckily, Fluttershy was fast enough to react first.

"We're leaving. Spike, pay so we can leave." Fluttershy said to Spike, annoyed.

Spike left 50 bits on the table and they made their way to the door. They were about to leave, when suddenly;

"It's about time! I wanted to enjoy my meal without some monster near me."

This time, Spike reacted first. Without even looking at him, Spike gritted through his teeth;

"Is there a problem, sir?"

"Yeah, you! Things like you don't belong here! Go back to where you came!"

"He was born here in Ponyville! Leave him alone!" Fluttershy yelled.

"Shut up you dumb broad! You married a dragon! You have no right to speak!"

Spike moved so fast, it would rival speeds that of Rainbow Dash. He ran to the colt and lifted him up by his collar.

"Listen, sir. I don't know who you think you are talking to my wife like that, and disrespecting me like that. I have every right to be here as much as you do. I better not have to hear from your smart-ass again. Am I clear?"

"Put me d-"

"Answer my question and I will. Am I fucking clear?"

"C-Crystal."

"Good. let's go Fluttershy." He dropped the man in his seat and stormed out the door. The manager apologized to Fluttershy, and told her they can have a free meal here next time they come. When she left and got o Spike, he was extremely angry.

"Spike, I'm sorry this happened."

"I don't know why you're apologizing. It was me who wanted to treat you. Neither of us knew somepony like him would be there. I'm just upset it wasn't as romantic as I hoped it would be."

"Spike, it may not have been romantic to you, but I thought it was really romantic of you to stand up for me like that, and that's all that matters." She kissed Spike, who in response hugged her and kissed back.

"Thanks hun. I still think, that even though I was so built up in rage, that chocolate chip pancake was awesome."

"Oh, Spike."

Author's Note:

Ahh, the master procrastinator is back! I actually had half of this chapter up on here, but I've just had writers block, and I was also just really lazy, but yeah.

Here we have discrimination. This is going to happen alot, so you've been warned. I hope that this was good enough to hold you guys off. Also, the chapters will be going in months, unless I write it otherwise, and when I do, you'll notice.

Tony, out!