• Published 6th Jan 2014
  • 1,151 Views, 28 Comments

Destinies Entwined - Graphic Refrain



Their lives had always seemed wrong; they had hidden it from everyone, but soon two ponies would find that they are not so different from one another as it seemed.

  • ...
0
 28
 1,151

Cloaks and Coverups

Destinies Entwined

Cloaks & Coverups

by Technomare


A hooded figure peers around a corner store, situated in the heart of Maretropolis; the city is quiet except for the occasional rustle of a stray animal or the occasional gusts of wind, blowing the dust and debris of the day through the streets. The hour was late and most ponies had long since retired to the comfort of their warm house and cosy beds. Knowing this, however, did nothing to quell the trepidation in the cloaked pony's heart as they slunk from their hiding place. As the unknown pony approached the night's target, a set of lock picks and various other tools any self respecting burglar would carry were conjured from the depths the figure's billowing robes. Maretropolis, just as any other large city is bound to, plays host to its fair share of common burglars and criminals; this pony, however, was no ordinary criminal.

The glass door of Magnificent Mane Styles hinged open without a sound as well practiced hooves gently pulled the door ajar. Isles of mane-care products and accessories filled the shop, worth tens of thousands of gold bits. The figure's mind drifted to the measly 7 silver coins stashed in one of their cloaks many pockets, the amount of which paled in comparison to the shop's items - proudly on display for all of Equestria to see. Smirking at the ignorance of the shop owners in the area of security, the hooded pony produced a small sack from the robes, returning the Lock pick set to its former home simultaneously. A wide assortment of merchandise was scooped up and deposited in the bag, as the intruder worked through the store shelf by shelf. In the midst of adding a few mane-bands to the collection, the thief heard a loud thump and voices, coming from the flat above. Deciding that their midnight escapades were over, the covered criminal beat a hasty retreat, giving up the luxury of silence as the shop door was slammed closed.

Loud cries of anger could be heard emanating from the Magnificent Mane Styles shop that night as the owners inspected their lost products, all the while cursing the unknown good-for-nothing crook. Elsewhere, as Celestia's Sun prepared to make its morning appearance, a lone pony inspected a night's work worth of treasure. The small satchel was deposited in a bedside dresser, while the dark cloak was hung in a closet, accompanying various articles of well-kept clothing. It wasn't the Canterlot fashion show, the pony thought, but it was nothing to sneer at. Thoughts of grand plans, marred by life's curse filled the pony's mind as the midnight burglar drifted off to an uneasy slumber.

Author's Note:

Woo hoo! Second chapter done! I know they're not very long, but this is my first try at anything like this. If people *cough* ponies, end up liking it, the. I may write a sequel story. For now, however, your comments are always appreciated.

P.S. The chapters will be getting longer ^.^