• Published 3rd Jan 2014
  • 763 Views, 11 Comments

Wishes granted backwards - Write Holiday



Most, if not all bronies would love to meet the mane six, or even one of the background ponies, just to meet them and say how much they love the show and all of that. But what if, instead of you meeting them, they meet you?

  • ...
4
 11
 763

Write Holliday

Most bronies have an OC. It's our way of making a more personal connection with the show, a way for us to look at ourselves and see what we would look like if we were, in fact, ponies. Some OCs are just for a good laugh, to make fun of a ridiculous idea that a friend gives. But others are more personal, give more of a connection that lasts however long the creator of the OC is a brony, or until they become sick of it and create a new one. Some people, however, love their OCs. It's like another family member, something that they cherish no matter the hate or ridicule they get from other people. They would stop being a brony before give up their OC. This, is me.

Now after reading a few fan fictions and watching a mini movie of a very famous one, I began to wish that I could meet the mane six. Though, not in the way depicted in the fan fiction, I would still love to meet them. The reality of it though is that I am real. The show is not. My friends are real, our OCs are not. Our wishes are real, the answer to our wishes are not. Knowing this, I get ready for bed. I get under the covers and look at my OC on the computer. I shut it down and silently wish that I could meet the characters. I know it won't happen, but I can still wish.

Most stories might go off saying that some dream lead to a real life event. Other stories could say that a supernatural occurrence made the mane six pop into their bedroom in the middle of the night, waking them and the neighborhood. Most stories, however, are fake. They are fictions of ideas that are what the writers wish could and would happen. They write their wishes and live through their stories. This is a not that kind of story. This is a tale of truce. This is a tale of living hopes and dreams. This is a tale, of reality.

I wake up. I look around my room, it's just like yesterday morning, dimly lighten and a relaxing red color. Something is different though, it's all a bit more vivid. The coloring is more pronounce than I last remember, and the sky looks almost, flat. As I get up, I fall over. I lean against my bureau which has a big mirror on the back of it. When I look into it, my heart stops. My eyes lock onto the figure in the mirror and my back legs shake. I loose feeling in my, uh, hooves, and fall. I can't believe what is happening, I am my own OC.

I panic, not knowing what to do. I don't know where I am, I don't know who I am, and I don't know why I am here. I stand on all four, it feels much different than standing on my two old legs. I try to walk, and I do a decant job. I trot down stairs and into the foyer, everything is still the same. The stairs, the wooden floor, the walls, even the old chandelier, it's all there. I walk outside and into the neighborhood. It seems like my house was moved.

I begin to slowly walk, scared of the new world I am in. I see houses that I recognize, ponies I feel like I know, and then it sinks in. Not only am I my own OC, but I am in the world of My Little Pony. I dash for the closest house and run behind it. I can't keep my breathing under control, and the asthma isn't helping. I am in shock, how am I in a cartoon world? How am I a pony? Where are all of my old friends and family members? I have so any questions. I see a shadow slowly coming towards me. I dive into a dumpster and hope they pass by. The shadow stops, and I close the top. I hear the trotting and assume they left. I was wrong.

"Oh my gosh! I knew there was a new pony in town but nooooo, no pony wanted to listen but here you are! I knew it! Anyway my name is PinkiePie and I live at the bakery on the second floor with my pet alligator gummy. He doesn't have any teeth but that's why he is soooo adorable, I mean I'd love him the same with teeth but he would be much more dangrous with them. What's your name?"

"Uh, m-my name is, uh, Write Holliday." I immediately regret it. I used the name I gave to my OC instead of my real name.

"Write as in story or right as in right and wrong?"

"The story one."

"That would explain your cutiemark!" I look at my flank and there it is. My cutie mark of a quill writing on a pice of paper. I remember making that. The pony generator kept rejecting the image, so I went into paint and practically painted it onto my OC. But here it's real. And I have always wished I made my OC into a Pegasus as my two favorite characters, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, are both Pegasi. But I felt that if I were a pony, I would be a earth pony. I guess I was right.

"Excuse me but could you show me to Twi-"

"Twilight's house? Sure! Come on!" She runs off like a bullet.

"W-wait, I can't keep up!" I'm running, but not for too long. My asthma unfortunately came with me into Ponyville.

"You don't run often do you?" Pinkie asks, running around me in circles.

"N, no." I breath out, hyperventilating. After about ten minutes of a light walk, my breathing returns to normal and we get to Twilight's house.

"Well, here we are." Pinkie says cheerfully. I jumped, she sure does have a loud voice. "Anyway, I have to go and help Mrs. Cake with some cupcakckes. I think she invited Rainbow Dash to help so this will be so fun! Bye!" She runs off. I keep reminding myself that it was just a horror fan fiction, it wasn't real, and it won't be real. I mean, would Pinkie really kill her? Really?

"Um, sir?" I shake my head back to reality. "I'm sorry, but is there something I can help you with?" Twilight asks.

"Yes, I need your help."