• Published 4th Jan 2014
  • 1,110 Views, 113 Comments

The Pony Games - Eternal Flame



The Pony Games. Where ponies are reaped and taken to an arena. They are forced to fight until there is a winner, and only one can survive. It has been 81 years since the games have been invented, and even the closest of friends must face each other.

  • ...
14
 113
 1,110

A train ride to Canterlot

Two ponies were sitting together in the train to Canterlot. Applejack rested her searing and aching head against the cool glass. It helped her cool down and remove the pain a little. She heard her family's voices echoing round her head, and she couldn't stop it. She had had a rough night's sleep, too. She had nightmares of being murdered, a family member being killed, and Granny Smith being executed in the centre of Ponyville where everypony could see.

Pinkie Pie was sitting next to Applejack. They were far away from Rainbow Dash and Rarity. They had to take different trains as they were coming from different places. They weren't allowed to go near rainbow dash or rarity anyway. Not that Pinkie Pie was bad company, they just wanted to see each other. That was all. Pinkie pie's blue eyes were staring down at her hooves. Her hair was still straight. It looked like she had ironed it out.

"Pinkie pie, I've been thinking."

"What is it applejack?"

"Should we form an alliance? Ah know we would be unstoppable, but when it gets to the end.."

"I understand what you are trying to say. You are trying to say that if we made such a great team, and managed to kill all the other victors, we would only be left with each other, and there can only be one winner." Pinkie pie winced at the thought.

Applejack pressed her head against the window again. "The odds are definitely not in my favour." She wanted to cry, but she couldn't do it in front of the other two earth ponies on the other side of the carriage. Pinkie pie sat closer to her. "Pinkie Pie, I don't know what to do. Ah promised meh sister that I would try to come back for her. But I can't. I can't try with meh friends in the arena with me."

"I'm not gonna make it, AJ."

"I don't know if I will either," Applejack replied. "Which makes me feel even worse. Mah family need me more than anypony else."

The train suddenly halted. They were there.

Author's Note:

Next chapter is gonna be about when they get there, their stylists and what they make them wear to the interviews. Then it will be the interviews themselves. Sorry that it might be a while 'till the actual games! I am still working on it!