• Published 4th Jan 2014
  • 1,110 Views, 113 Comments

The Pony Games - Eternal Flame



The Pony Games. Where ponies are reaped and taken to an arena. They are forced to fight until there is a winner, and only one can survive. It has been 81 years since the games have been invented, and even the closest of friends must face each other.

  • ...
14
 113
 1,110

Visiting

Rainbow Dash sat in an empty room. She had been visited by her mother and father, which put a few tears in her eyes.

The door swung open abruptly, shocking Rainbow Dash. It was twilight.

"R-Rainbow." Twilight said, "I didn't mean to shock you. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, Twi."

"I-I need to tell you..."

"What?"

Twilight hesitated. " I.. Can't. I just can't. It's too horrible."

"Never mind then."

Rainbow Dash hugged twilight for as long as possible, but she said she had to go and trotted out slow enough for Rainbow to see the tears In her eyes.

Rainbow was totally unaware that an orange filly had crept into her room, because when she tried to gallop into Rainbow dash's arms, Rainbow Dash was completely knocked off guard and didn't do anything. But Scootaloo didn't mind.

"Rainbow-dash-what-if-you-don't-come-back?" Scootaloo said hurriedly and anxiously, her irises slightly smaller than usual.

"I don't know." Said Rainbow.

Scootaloo looked at Rainbow Dash. " I was meaning to show you this. I did it after the last flight lesson that I took with you- you know, last Saturday, and I can still do it." Scootaloo flapped her tiny wings and lifted herself off the ground. She hovered up to the ceiling and glided down beautifully and professionally. She landed perfectly.

"Wow... Wow, Scootaloo..." All rainbow could do was hug the little filly. "I will try and win for you and Fluttershy. I promise."

"Rainbow Dash, you can't do that." Whimpered Scootaloo, years rolling down her cheeks.

"Why not, Scootaloo?"

"AJ and Rarity are in the games too. Sweetie belle and Applebloom told me before I came here. They were both crying. I was too. And I am now." Whispered Scootaloo. At this moment the peacekeepers escorted Scootaloo out, Scootaloo saying goodbye to rainbow dash. They shut the door behind them.

Rainbow Dash was nothing more than broken now. How could this happen to her? How?

The door creaked a little and light footsteps could be heard.

"Rainbow."

"Shy."

They hugged each other. They were treasuring what could be the last moments of their long, deep friendship. Neither of them knew what to say. They just sat with their arms around each other.

"Dash...?"

"Yes, Fluttershy?"

"Do you know about the others?"

"Yes, I-I know about AJ and Rarity."

"Pinkie pie, too."

No...not another.... No.. She just couldn't accept it. It was impossible.

Fluttershy had to leave, and Rainbow Dash felt her legs buckle underneath her.




"Applebloom! Stay strong, ya hear?! There's no point beggin'. I can't go back to the barn with you." Applejack immediatley felt sorry for what she said. "I'm sorry, Applebloom. I didn't mean to say that. But yah have to do as ah say, especially as I won't be round, and I might not come back."

This only sent the little filly into buckets of tears. " Hay. I ain't givin' up on that promise Applebloom. I will try my best to come back for you."

"Big Mac is in charge. Big Mac, If ya run into trouble, call twilight. I know we shouldn't interact with other races, but it's the right thing to do."

"Eeyup." Again his voice was sad and broken. Applejack reached out to him.

"Where's Granny Smith? Applebloom sobbed harder. "They took her, didn't they? Big Mac had tears in his eyes. Applejack, even as a sister, had never seen him cry before. They'd tried to warn Granny Smith, but she was dragged away before anything could be done. Applejack hoped it would not end in an execution in the square. The very thought could give her nightmares.

Applejack held them close, closer than ever. The peacekeepers eventually told them to leave, and after rushed goodbyes, her loved one disappeared from sight.

"Promise you'll try to come back!" Shouted Applebloom in the corridor.

"I promise, Applebloom." But she didn't know about her friends.




Rarity was pacing. She hadn't slept it the past three days. She doubted she would get out of this alive, despite her words to twilight at the reaping.

Earlier her family came over. It was hard but bearable. She had weeped with her parents and told sweetie belle how much she loved her, even though she was rubbish at that kind of thing.

But what was unbearable was when twilight came in. Twilight hugged rarity. Rarity knew she would almost certainly not see her again. Their hug stayed unbroken for a while. Rarity's closest friend was twilight, after all.

"Rarity?"

"Yes, darling?"

"I- I-"

"What is it?"

"I can't say it. It'll make you sad."

" I insist you tell me this information at once."

Twilight sighed ."P-Pinkie p-p-pie, a-applejack and rainbow d-dash are in the g-games t-t-too."

Rarity froze with horror. She didn't move a muscle. She couldn't. She was too horrified to even speak.




Impatiently, Pinkie Pie waited. And waited. And waited. Her back started tingling and her left fore hoof kept itching.Suddenly, she realised what was going on, and shouted "Twilight! Fluttershy! (her pinkie sense was telling her they were going to open the door.) Fluttershy and twilight looked at each other dreading what they had to tell pinkie.

"Hi" said Twilight, surprised and confused. "We have some bad ne--"

"Ooh! Now you're both here, I can throw a mini pinkie party for all of you! We can have cake and biscuit and punch-"

"Pinkie."

And it would make the other ponies come here and we can all be friends and eat cake and It would be sooo much fun-

"Pinkie, it's important, and horrific, and--"

"Yes Twilight?

"Me and Fluttershy have some terrible news... Rarity, Rainbow Dash and AJ are taking part, too."

Pinkie pie's irises became small and her hair became straight. She felt slightly faint.

"W-what did you say? " said Pinkie in disbelief. She pinched herself to make sure that she wasn't in some weird Pinkie Pie dream. But it wasn't a dream. It was reality.