• Published 1st Jan 2014
  • 1,685 Views, 13 Comments

Things you don't want to know - SkuzlBuTt



Twilight couldn't even imagine what surprise she will find during a simple cleaning. Who would thought that her "number one assisnant" has a personal dairy? But secrets should remain secrets, isn't it?

  • ...
4
 13
 1,685

Things

Author's Note:

Here comes troubles! Happy New Year!

"Sort the books by the letter P, check!" cheerfully sang Twilight, checking another item off the list. "Le-et's see, what's next?" The unicorn glanced down at the list. 'Tidy up the second floor,' she read. "That'll only take five minutes!" Confident, the librarian began to climb the stairs.

However, as it turned out, she had been overconfident. Cleaning up the mess made by her 'number one assistant,' was one hell of a task. It was all over the floor, and to the main hall of the library. Bits of long since eaten cookies could be seen scattered throughout the floor. Looks like Spike's love for tidiness was limited only to the central rooms of the library.

“Oh, Spike,” Twilight whispered with a smile, “Looks like I have to give you an earful, don't you think?” Unicorn noticed to herself, sweeping out litter, crammed under Spike's sleeping basket. Did he really think that she wouldn’t notice?? Naive little dragon. Nothing is hidden from the keen eyes of Princess Celestia’s personal student. As soon as he got home, the poor dragon would be in for a surprise.

"Phew," sighed the mare. "Spike has a lot of stuff." While Twilight paused to take a breath, she leaned on the wardrobe, inadvertently moving it from where it stood. A loud and harsh creak came from the wardrobe as it moved a couple inches. Examining the inside of it, so as to make sure it was still alright, Twilight found something, that caught her eye: a pile of paper, fallen out from behind of the piece of furniture.

"Well, well, well," Twilight noted, realizing that the stack papers turned out to be lists she had made. "So you said, you didn't know what happened with your to-do list from Monday, huh?" She said, blowing dust from the list in question. Curious as to what else she might find, she kept looking in the wardrobe. Behind all the papers, scraps and shreds that remained, there lay a little book. Bringing it closer so she could better see it, Twilight neighed in surprise for on the cover of the book, was a crude drawing, made in crayons, as she assumed, that depicted herself and a Spike on her back. Drawing was carefully attached to the book with a few strips of the tape by the corners, to keep it in place.

“A-a-and… what might this be?” asked Twilight, as Owlowiscious flew over to her.
“Who?”
“Hmmm,” she mused with a sheer curiosity, and opened the book.

"...My thoughts and actions. I hope to get the hang of it. Practicing further, I will reach my goal, and I can do it in the way I want. I only hope that Twilight won’t find these records. Unfortunately..."

Twilight slammed the book. It was not just simple records, but a personal diary. And it was clear to her that she should not read it. Secrets should remain secrets, unless somepony wished to tell them.

"I shouldn’t read this," Twilight said to Owlicious, her voice filled with hesitation. She closed the wardrobe and moved it back into its original position.
"These are his personal entries, and I wouldn't want anyone to read my own. Then again, I don't have anything really personal written down" Twilight noted, a blush showing on her cheeks. "B-but if I did, then I wouldn't be happy if someone. But if Spike actually have them..."

The unicorn looked around the cabinet, not sure of what she should do. "Oh, seriously, who am I kidding? What secrets could Spike have? He's like my little brother; we’ve never had any secrets from each other, right?" Twilight asked into her empty room.
"Who!" Owlowiscious said. Twilight wasn't sure what he said, but she assumed he was agreeing with her.

Twilight fidgeted in place, uncertain what to do. At first she was merely curious, but now she had a burning need to read the book. Before her, in her own library, was a book unread. A book, which she had no right to read. But that only fuelled unicorn’s interest. Somewhere, behind the cabinet the most intimate secrets of her assistant were laying. It screamed to her, like the forbidden fruit from the old stories, it called to her with its inaccessibility. Twilight looked around, hesitant as she stepped closer to the book.

“I shouldn't be reading this, right?"
“Who," her feathered companion nodded.
"But, on the other hoof, what if Spike is hiding something very important? What if he needs help? And I can provide it, but what if the poor guy is just too afraid to ask?" She wondered, starting to convince herself.
"Who!" Owlicious boomed out, his tone disapproving. He knew where her logic was leading her to.
"If I do it, it is for his own good. I'll just look at first two pages, and if I don't see something very important, I'll close it-immediately!" Twilight declared, her mind made up.
"Who!" Owlowiscious cried out, knowing full well that Twilight wouldn't stop.
"No, no, no!" the lavender unicorn replied. "Honestly! This is for his benefit only, and it's only the first two or three pages, I promise." Owlicious puffed his feathers, clearly disappointed at the mare before him.
"Well, let get this done with!" she said, opening the book again, her voice more excited than it had any right to be.

"Unfortunately, Twilight doesn't keep secrets as well as Pinkie does."

Twilight frowned, pursing her lips as she looked away from the book for a few moments before continuing on.

"No, that's not fair. Twilight could help me. She'd point out a book or two, but I'm sure she would have done everything in her power to help me. Twi's like a sister to me, she's good like that." The mare in question had to pause and smile; Spike thought of her like his sister. "But, even she has her limits. And I believe that she would be unable to resist in not speaking out to someone. So i turned to Pinkie--she must know something about what’s going on."

"Pinkie? What does she understand better than I would?" Twilight asked, hurt by what she had just read. Owlicious just spread his wings in bewilderment.
The mare groaned. "Okay Spike, I'll just find out what Pinkie does better, and then I'll stop. Sounds fair, yes?"
"Who," the owl hooted, his voice sad. He knew no matter how hard he tried, she was just going to go her own way. "Okay, now where was I?"

"...And today, she did what I asked her. For that, I am grateful."

As Twilight finished with the first page, she flipped it and saw the inset drawing.

And as her eyes saw the image, she slammed the book shut at a breakneck speed. For a couple of seconds, the unicorn could not utter a single word, or form a single thought.


"I. Well, that was unexpected," she said with a slight tremor in her voice, as her cheeks blushed a bright red.

"Who!" The owl replied, distracting Twilight from the mental image.

"So, whatever it was," Twilight began, trying to think empathically. "It's none of my business. If Spike didn't want to tell me, it must be because he had a good reason. It is, it is serious." She flew the diary back behind the cupboard with her magic ready to move on.

"I cannot pry into his personal life," she said, making her way to the stairs. "But Pinkie, oh Pinkie how could you? Spike is just a kid! How could you even agree to such a thing?" Her eyes returned to where the book was hidden, and just stared at it...

"How could you consent to such a thing? What did Spike say to you? Did you really think that this would be appropriate, that kind of help? Ooh." Twilight howled softly, her mind all over the place.

‘Although I'm not sure that my books have appropriate records of dragon anatomy, but still ... Discord. I got involved in that?’ - The unicorn asked herself ruefully.
“Hoo!” Owlicious boomed, hinting that she got what she was asking for.
“Stop that! I mean, I guess I did deserve this one, what with just reading his diary. But I had to!” Twilight noted.
“Who!”
“You know what? If he needs help in such matters, what kind of ‘sister’ would I be, if I didn’t lend moral support? He’s growing up and doesn’t have parents who could help him with this, so the responsibility falling on me!” Twilight said firmly.
“And you shouldn’t go to Pinkie when you could go to me! Yes, it’s embarrassing. Yes, it’s shameful. But he should know that I always do my best to help him! Maybe not like Pinkie.” A crimson blush played on her cheeks. “But I will do everything in my power!” Twilight set out to read the diary again.

"I can’t imagine what I’ll do without her. As I thought, she does it very well, and she showed me how to do it too.”

Ohh…

"She told me that I need to practice it every day, for at least an hour a day."

The librarian winced.

"Yesterday, I did just that. While Twilight was engaged downstairs doing some nonsense, I took refuge on the second floor and did that."

“Oooh!..” - drawled Twi.

"It felt just like it did with Pinkie!"


“Spike! Oh, well, for Celestia’s sake!” the unicorn exclaimed, clutching her hoof to her face.

"Pinky twitched it exactly so!"

...

"Well, it was a hilarious sight. Although, truth be told, I was even a little sorry about it. She had a hard time. "

Seriously?

"Ha! Hard times indeed. Perfect description."

...No comment.

"Otherwise she will not shake this shaft so hard, trying to squeeze out a drop."

...Well, so vulgar.

"Perhaps, we should have started the drawing lesson first, not waiting till after the dinner."

Um. What?

"Then we would have avoided this embarrassing situation. We may spent more time at drawing without wasting half day at searching for least one drop of water for Pinkie. How she manage to mistake sugar with salt? On the other claw, if she didn’t do it - there wouldn't be any idea for a picture. It was a lot of fun to look, how Pinkie was rattling and shaking the faucet that ran out of water! Oh. Important note: do not mention that to her. She may take offence in this."

The unicorn froze in amazement. A drawing lesson. That was why Spike visited Pinkie? She taught him to draw?
“Ooh…” Twilight sat down on the floor, carefully averting her eyes from the glaring owl.

“How could I ever imagine something, like this? It's ... Spike! Little innocent Spike. No, it's not him being vulgar, it's:” the mare frowned.
“On the other hoof, can I blame myself? Well, what else could I imagine?” ... - Her face flushed briefly. “Yes, in general, anything. But, seriously? A faucet?”

Twilight carefully studied the drawing, twisting it in different directions.

“Yeah, I can see why you went to Pinkie. She might be able to teach you something. Proportions, for example. She did such a great job decorating AJ’s barn, you’ve found yourself great teacher. But I still don’t get why you would hide that from me. And what could happen if I told anyone about it? I don't know. Maybe I can get a clarification... - The mare flipped the page.

“WHO!” - Owlicious hooted angrily in her ear.
“Yes, stop it! We've already figured out that he does not keep something wild here, so we can continue.”
“Who!”
Ah, yes... I did want to examine the contents, just because something serious... But! - She exclaimed excitedly, - In the light of those events, my sacred duty is to find out what Spike could consider an embarrassment!

Letting it all hang out everything Owlicious turned away, covering himself with a wing. Waste of energy. It's impossible to stop an intrigued unicorn.

Let's see what's away... My goodness!