• Published 17th Oct 2011
  • 1,110 Views, 2 Comments

The Book Most Ancient and Holy: Volume 1 - Colt McCoy



I have set out to write a composition that is a sort of "mythology" of sorts for Equestria. Enjoy!

  • ...
 2
 1,110

5: Of the Establishment of Peace

Of the Establishment of Peace

Until this point, Celestia and Luna had been faithful in their duties towards their respective cosmic bodies. Never straying from their cause, never even glancing down to Equestria to see what was happening. But now, as the ponies began to live in harmony, it awoke them from their heavenly slumber. They looked down to Earth and saw a new magic forming: that of friendship, between all of the ponies of Equestria.

But they also saw Discord, spiraling up and away from Equestria, ready to pester them. When they came face to face with the foul spirit, they could feel his evil aura. They knew then that Discord had to be stopped for good, else he venture back to Equestria and sow again the seeds of dissonance. But as they took turns fighting him, they realized his magic was too powerful. They simply could not best him.

The eternal alicorns needed something else, something more to defeat him. Thus for a second time they turned their gaze to Equestria, where new magic was constantly brewing. And as they did, they watched these new ponies. They saw what made them powerful and strong, and what kept them together. The ponies had loyalty and honesty, and generosity and kindness. Even laughter contributed to their newfound bonds. And, as always, a little bit of magic contributed to everything.

Celestia and Luna grasped these six qualities and crafted of them the Elements of Harmony. Harnessing their immense magical power, they came together and finally defeated Discord, trapping him forever in a prison of stone. Having banished this ancient evil from the realm of Equestria, the land could finally enter peace.
Many a filly wonders where one could find these incredible Elements of Harmony, or what they would look like. A wise pony knows that although Celestia and Luna did craft them into tangible objects, these qualities, like numbers or morals, were not invented – they were discovered. Thus, to find them and harness their power like the sisters eternal, a pony must turn to a pony’s self.