• Published 31st Dec 2013
  • 970 Views, 49 Comments

When the Moon saved the stars - kittypetro



(AU) When Princess Celestia and the holders of the elements of harmony are incapacitated by a new threat, it's up to Luna and some new but familiar faces to save the world from evil and destruction.

  • ...
2
 49
 970

The bracelet of Kindness

Chapter 14
The bracelet of Kindness

Starvoid growled. ‘How in the world had they gotten away?’

She did not recognize the location Luna had been raising the moon from, other than seeing a vast desert. She looked at a map.

“Let’s see… Stalliongrad there… then they got on a boat and now they are in a desert… Zebrica? What in the world are they doing there, that can’t be right.”

“Trouble?” Starvoid turned to see Chrysalis.

“It is possible… things are not going as I planned… how exactly did your changelings loose the group? A zebra, a griffin, 6 ponies and an alicorn should not be this hard to find… If I find out that they really have gotten to Zebrica, I will punish somepony, is that clear?”

“Is that a threat?”

“A promise.” Chrysalis scowled, but turned on her heels walking out, not feeling like telling Starvoid that she had heard rumors of what was going on. That pony was nothing but food for her. Starvoid continued to look on the chart, before groaning.

What were they doing? What in the world where they after?

‘Let’s see now, Princess Luna and the two wonderbolts had been together from the start… now what is their connection with the other six… wait a minute… six?’

Starvoid’s eyes widened and she turned around to face two guards. “Get me everything this land has on the elements of harmony. Every single book, script or potential rumor, I want it, and I want it now.”

Zecora looked up as she rose from her sleep, seeing Luna up in the air doing her work. The sunrises in Zebrica had always been beautiful, and Zecora loved every moment she got to see it. As Luna landed she frowned, seeing the princess looking worried.

“Princess Luna are you all right? You look like you have gotten a terrible fright.”

Luna looked at her. “Starvoid weren’t there when I raised the sun… she is always there, ready with an insult or snarky comment… I don’t like it, we should move.”

Zecora looked at Luna with a frown. “Leave now I think is unwise, the wedding would start at sunrise.”

Just as she said it, a cheer was heard, as the zebra’s woke from their sleep, the bride and groom more or less being carried around the village.

Luna sighed. “How long will this take?”

“An hour is the custom time, shall I gather up our friends to leave all of the nine?”

Luna nodded and Zecora rushed off, gathering the others, telling them about Luna’s fear that something was coming. The others gathered and stayed for the wedding, wich was fun and fast, unlike anything Equestria ever saw. Once the group could gather Luna walked up and said their good bye, the two zebra’s that were guiding them, setting up the cart.

“We are sorry that we have to leave so soon” Luna said with a bow to the couple. But we have urgent matters to attend to.

“We understand, have a great journey over our land.”

Luna nodded and rushed away to join the others and soon they were off, heading east once more.

“NO. I WILL NOT LET THIS HAPPEN.”

Chrysalis looked up as Starvoid came into the throne room, a huge book levitating behind her with a thick binding and small letter words.

“Anything the matter?”

“They must be stopped” Starvoid commanded. “The six with Princess Luna are going after half the powers of the elements of harmony. If they get them I cannot assure a victory. So get every single of your subjects. They are in Zebrica. I don’t know where, but they are there. Go now and bring them back quickly.”

Chrysalis scowled. “Who do you think you are, to give me commands?”

“A pony that can kill you with only a blink… get moving bug, before I squish you.”

Chrysalis scowled, but answered. “As you wish.”

She walked out of the door as slowly as possible, Starvoid glaring out into the sky.

So this was your plan Celestia… well I hope you are enjoying yourself… because the moment I get my hoofs on Lulu I will destroy her, and then I will destroy you. Banishment is way too good for you.’

Zecora looked up as they crossed the desert. “We are near… the artifact is calling out from there.”

Zecora pointed and started talking with the zebras, who talked back, before turning the wagon towards their new destination. As they got closer the group looked up as a mountain grew up from the sand.

“Is this a mirage?” Gilda asked groaned. “In this heat it would not surprise me.”

“Let’s just get in it’s shade” Vinyl groaned under her hood. “I am beat and I could use the rest.”

The zebras parked the cart in the shade of the mountain, Luna looking around. “I know this place… this is the Dragon realm border, how in the Name of Celestia did we get here?”

“ We walked” Derpy said, as if it was the most obvious answer in the world.

Zecora smiled and looked at an entrance to the cave. “My trial is beyond here, I shall see you soon, with the artifact to share.”

Zecora walked inside, turning to see a blue shimmer. A Griffin smiled gently at her as she stepped forward.

“Good day miss Zebra, I am Gabriella, original holder of the element of kindness.”

Zecora smiled. “Fluttershy is the holder true, Zecora I am, a substitute to stand before you.”

Gabriella smiled. “Well it is nice to meet you in any case. The artifact is down that way, but you need to earn it.”

Zecora nodded and walked through the path that Gabriella lit up coming out in a cave. There she froze seeing a lion cub lie on the floor, a bunch of Zebras gathered around it, sneering down at it.

“Well, well what do we have here?” One Zebra grinned evilly. “Seems like the cat has lost his way.”

Another of the Zebras grinned and kicked the lion in the side, making him tumble over and mewl in terror.

“How does it feel? How does it feel to know that at any moment we can hurt you?”

The final Zebra grinned evilly but Zecora had had enough. Zecora rushed up to them.

“What are you doing?”

“Taking revenge. His kind has been killing our loved ones, our wives, parents and children. Why should we not take revenge… take one of them for one of ours.”

Zecora looked at them. “It can’t work like that… if you stoop that low you are as bad as the lions… this is a cub, he has done nothing, let him go.”

“And when he grows up? What then, when he will start hunting for our children?”

“Then maybe he’ll remember the kindness that was shown to him when a group of Zebras let him go when they could have killed him.”

The Zebra’s scowled, but Zecora held her ground. The Zebras then smiled and turned to mist, Zecora looking down to feel the Lion nudge her leg before he too disappeared in a puff of smoke. Looking around Zecora saw a golden light, stepping up to a pedestal, seeing an ornamental bracelet laying there.

A small applause made her look up, seeing Gabriella smiling at her.

“Nice job… not many Zebras would have done the same.”

“The cub had done nothing wrong” Zecora said, placing the bracelet on her unoccupied hoof. “To hurt him would have been a disgrace to those already gone.”

Gabriella smiled. “You are a good and kind Zebra, I wish you luck.”

Zecora smiled and nodded to Gabriella who landed next to Zecora, pointing to the bracelet.

“My grandmother made me that when I was just a little hatchling. Together with the powers of the element powers it can radiate a beam what will soothe any beast coming after you. Now take care Zecora and be careful out there.”

And with that said the griffin disappeared, Zecora turning around walking out of the cave.

Author's Note:

There are so many things I love about this chapter

Starvoid finally understanding what is going on, the suspense from the readers pov knowing that the changelings are coming, the trial of kindness, thinking more about Zebrica and how a grown Zebra possibly could react to finding a lion cub out and all alone...

And yes that is a Lion King reference in that trial, if you can't find it, shame on you

And cute kitten lion is cute