• Published 31st Dec 2013
  • 970 Views, 49 Comments

When the Moon saved the stars - kittypetro



(AU) When Princess Celestia and the holders of the elements of harmony are incapacitated by a new threat, it's up to Luna and some new but familiar faces to save the world from evil and destruction.

  • ...
2
 49
 970

The sword of honesty

Chapter 16
The sword of honesty

Looking around he turned around as he noticed the blue outline of a Minotaur. The minotaur looked at him.

“You are the holder of the element of honesty?”

“Nope, that’s my sister Applejack. I am here as a replacement.”

The minotaur looked at him. “And why isn’t this sister of yours here herself?”

“She’s been imprisoned in the night sky… I need to save her.”

“And I suppose you need the artifact to do this?”

“Eeyup.”

The minotaur looked at Big Mac and sighed.

“Very well then… I am Tough Love, the original holder of the element of honesty. It’s a title that many thinks I shouldn’t boast about, but also a title I carry with pride.”

Tough Love gave Big Mac a long hard gaze. “The truth hurts sometimes… and sometimes it hurts worse than a blade.”

Tough love stepped aside, revealing a passageway.

“Don’t fail now pony… you need this thing, right?” Big Mac nodded, walking inside the hall, ending up at a large cave.

In the middle of the cave lay a pile of broken swords, armors and the white bones of what had used to be ponies. Big Mac had managed to wonder what had done that to the ponies before he heard a low growl. Looking up Big Mac gulped, staring face to face with a large blue dragon with dark bronze spikes going up it’s face and down its back.

“Another pony? Are you here for my treasure?”

Big Mac gulped. “Is the artifact of the element of honesty your treasure?”

The dragon snorted, Big Mac coughing at the smoke billowing from the dragons nostrils.

“That piece of junk? No, it is worthless.”

“Then… can I have it?”

“And have you attack me the moment I turn? I think not pony.”

Big Mac could’nt really fault the dragon, judging by the floor the amount of ponies that had come to face the dragon was massive.

“I am simply here for the artifact” Big Mac said.

The dragon lifted an eyebrow. “Why do you need such a piece of junk? “

“To help my friends.”

"Friends." The dragon snorted. “You ponies and your friendship, it’s a load of dragon dung if you ask me.”

Looking at Big Mac the dragon cocked it’s head. “So you want the piece of junk by the wall… why should I let you take it?”

Big Mac looked at the dragon. “You said you didn’t need it.”

“Doesn’t mean I should let you take it.”

Big Mac looked at the dragon. “My sister is in trouble, I need it to help her.”

“So? What do I care about a little pony girl?”

Big Mac scowled. “My sister is in pain, she is stuck in the heavens, freezing her flank off in the cold. My sister, who once wanted to try living in the city but decided she was better off back home on the farm. She suffers from dealing with the fact that our parents died doing something she thinks she could have stopped them from doing, and because of the incident never goes anywhere without pa’s old hat. She tries so hard to do everything by herself and asks for nothing in return… you may not care about my sister but I do… now let me get what I came here for or else I will go through you.”

The dragon looked at him and took a deep breath. “Fine… the stupid thing is over there, now get the stupid thing and get out of my cave.”

Big Mac walked past the dragon, up to the pedestal at the far side of the cave. He blinked in shock as his gaze fell upon a sword, shining and gleaming as if it was brand new and hadn’t been placed in a cave nearly 2 millennia ago. Taking the sword and it’s scabbard, placing it over his back, Big Macintosh walked up past the dragon, who still watched him carefully, before the stallion walked out.

Once out in the entrance hall Tough Love looked up. “Got past the dragon did you? Well done, that old worm has always had a trust issue.”

Big Mac looked at the Minotaur. “What does the sword do?”

“It cuts things up, duh. It has half the powers of the element of Honesty, but other than that it’s there to harm your enemies… I told you pony, the truth hurts… why don’t you show that to the enemy?”

Author's Note:

You do not mess with the Apple family, even if you are a dragon, they will hurt you

Also, one of the better lines in this fic

It cuts things up, duh!