• Published 31st Dec 2013
  • 1,827 Views, 37 Comments

Monster Hunting: No Way! - GhostlyDarkness



How would you feel if you suddenly woke to found yourself in world of monsters everywhere you turn. Well mishap teleports Twilight to this strage land. Will she be ale to find her way back home?

  • ...
6
 37
 1,827

Farming Fun!

"So what are we doing today?" Twilight asked rubbing her eyes tiredly. She yawned raising her head up to the rising sun, "Is it that important to wake us up this early in the morning?" she asked with a slight groan.

Rain followed behind her sluggishly, "I'm so tired," he said as he slowly strapped together his new Hidden Saber.

A black blade, as dark as night. An additional blade appears when charged with spirit.

Soul led the way with his arms folded, "quiet down you two, it's something important," he said firmly. "As a result of that incident with the Nargacuga I realized that we all rely on each other too much and not enough on ourselves as an individual so I'm taking it upon myself to make us a bit more self-sufficient," he said before turning around to face them. "In addition to what we're doing today, all of us will now be responsible for our own armors and weapons as well as certain items we'll be using during quests," he said before turning back around to continue leading them. "Twilight you'll be continuing with the Nargacuga set you have right now, the armor is perfect for archers, Rain I suggest you work on the Rathalos set and find a new long sword, you don't deserve that one," he said harshly.

Both Twilight and Rain looked at Soul with a tired gaze and responded in unison, "whatever."

Soul's eye twitched, "you two get on my damn nerves at times," he muttered to himself.

The three of them soon arrived at the very familiar Moga village.

"What are we doing here?" Rain asked as he waved to the passing villagers.

"Just follow me," Soul answered before walking down a small wooden bridge that led to a small farm. "The farm keeper owes me a favor after taking care of a couple G.Jaggi for him so he offered to let me use the farm to grow some resources and I thought we all could learn a thing or two how to make some things," he said as they reached the farm.

"Oh hello Soul, how is everything with you?" a short old man wearing a yellow robe with a cane in his right hand with a farming hat over his head greeted him. "And who might your friends be?" he asked.

"Well they're more of apprentices of mine, and I think they would benefit from learning how to farm for resources," he said lightly.

"Good to know what you think of us," Twilight said sarcasm overflowing in her voice. "Anyway I don't think I can do much farming in my new armor," she said examining herself. Black layers of spiky fur covered her head and hair and rose up at the top of her head to form what looked like cat-like ears. The left side of her chest was covered in a white cloth that was plated with Nargacuga claws. Her left arm was coated in the midnight black fur of the beast and plated with three claws at her knuckles. Her mid-section and torso was covered in a net-like covering and she worse black leggings that exposed her inner thighs and pelvis.

Rain simply shook his head slowly, "well besides this lil fiasco I think it'll be a nice change from hunting all the time," he said shrugging.

Twilight looked around the farm place, "I'm curious though what do you grow here," she said looking around intrigued by the different assortments of plants, mushrooms, and insects around the farm.

"Oh many things my dear," the farm keeper answered with a frail smile. "We grow anything you give us here and with these two felyne helpers will...well help you with the farming," he said gesturing to the cats sitting down by the small fields with similar farming hats.

"Well I got a couple of resources here to get us started on a farm, a couple plants, mushrooms, insects, and lets say fertilizer," Soul said with a sly smirk.


The farm keeper chuckled, "that's good, well it seems like its time for all you to start farming," he said with a raspy voice. "If you need anything the felynes will help you, otherwise I'll see all of you later," he said with a soft smile before slowly walking off toward the village.

"Alright let's start with the crops I brought," Soul said taking out a variety of seeds from a small pouch. "I have some herb seeds, sleep herb seeds, fire herb seeds, and antidote herb seeds. Pick which ones you want to start with just be careful with some of them," he warned before giving them the pouch.

Twilight took a handful of seeds, "I've heard of plants like these, but I'll take the last row. Hey can you plant these for me?" she asked handing the bunch of seeds to one of the felynes.

"Nya sure," the cat worker said taking the seeds and running over to the last row of plowed field.

Rain sighed and took a couple herb and antidote seeds, "I'll plant these myself," he said before turning away to go plant his seeds in the middle row field.

"Don't forget your fertilizer," Soul said tauntingly while extending a small pouch that had a couple flies buzzing around it.

Rain gave him a look before grabbing the bag and turning away.

Soul chuckled before handing the remainder of the seeds to the other felyne. "Go plant these for me," he directed the cat.

"Nya but sir..." the felyne objected, but Soul gave the worker a glare that made him stay silent.

"Now time for the mushrooms," Soul said taking out another small pouch. "Use these sparingly as I only have a few," he said cautiously.

Rain just finished planting his set of crops when he got up to see Twilight standing over him.

"What's this Rain?" she asked holding out a yellow looking mushroom.

"Um, Twi you should be careful with what you're holding," he said backing away slowly. "That's a Parashroom and it's pretty dangerous," he warned her.

"What does it do...." she asked before falling on the ground. "I...can't move..." she said as she laid motionless on the ground.

Rain sighed and shook his head, "don't worry you'll be fine the paralysis wears off in a couple minutes," he chuckled. "Anyway I'll take the Nitroshroom and Exciteshroom and let them grow in the shroom box," he said placing the two mushrooms down on some dead debris in a small quarters.

"Well that wraps up here, now let's go take care of something I wanted us to do," Soul said dusting his hands. "I think the both of you will enjoy this," he said smirking.

Twilight got up slowly, "I think I had enough farming for now," she said stretching out.

The three of them began to walk back towards the village to catch the ship back to the port.

Author's Note:

Hey sorry guys I've been loaded with school work lately, plus I thought what's monster hunting without a bit of farming shenanigans lol.