• Published 1st Jan 2014
  • 941 Views, 12 Comments

What I Must Do - Saviour From The Dark



After the battle that determined the fate of Equestria, a cataclysmic event, Salvatore now embarks upon a new journey to find his master Yamamoto. To do this he has taken Distruttore's offer to decend into Hell and learn the Warriors path every

  • ...
4
 12
 941

Deja-vu From My Heart

What I Must Do
Deja-vu From My Heart



When Salvatore awoke he discovered two facts, strange as they may be, the Demoness he had saved was in fact Distruttore's daughter. The Demon could not stop gracing the Arch Angel with gratitude, and other assortments such as food and fine drink, to which Salvatore was equally grateful for. Secondly, after his daughter had told the fatherly Demon of Salvatore's condition as soon as he had blacked out in agony, Salvatore found that his current host, caretaker and mentor was displaying a protective.......fatherly nature towards the young Arch Angel.

It was after being descending the stairs to find a meal already set out for him and a message written in Demonic Runes, instructing him to meet Distruttore in the training room below after he had finished the days first meal. Following the instructions Salvatore soon found himself in the training room, torches were lit along the walls to illuminate the room, Distruttore was currently striking a leather sack, which had the length and thickness of the Demon's body, the leather sack hung from the ceiling and swung wildly as it was struck with punches, kicks, elbows, knees and even a well placed head butt, thankfully his horns did not pierce the piece of training equipment. Although the device seemed primitive the sound produced from each of Distruttore's strike suggested that it was filled with something hard, most likely to condition the hard striking points involved in the Demon Martial Arts.

So far, while he was the Demon's apprentice, Salvatore had been taught that the Martial Arts of Demons contrasted to the opposing Angelic styles in a number of ways yet the Arch Angel also found certain similarities. Demons began their combat arts not too long after they came to be, due to their possessive and confrontational nature, the style Distruttore tutors him in involves a heavy reliance on the hard striking points of knuckles, elbows, knees, shins and the front of the skull. Distruttore told Salvatore that the reason for this was that Demons fought as a beast would, ferociously with no thought spent on anything other than the kill, this lead to the later more intelligent Demons to us their natural hard points to combat bigger and much stronger foes which proved effective for the more intelligent Demons as their brutish kin were easily bested by a collected mind leading a body that was ruthless in it's attacks.


Although due to Distruttore being a certain breed of Demon he uses his deadly hooves in place of well conditioned shins........'Ouch' Was a word that came to the Arch Angel's mind.

His mentor was determined to take advantage of Salvatore's remarkable physical and mental superiority to both Angel and Demon kind and to do such he instructed the Arch Angel to paint Demonic Runes upon his body in order to enhance the benefits of his training. After painting the appropriate runes upon his body with the paste provided, allegedly made of crushed herbs and ingredients, the first feeling was immense strain......Even to lift his fingers was all it took to sleek his body sweat.

"An old Demon trick". Distruttore had told him. "Many have forgotten this one yet the most powerful Demons in Hell, just like the one who attacked Equestria, Beelzebub use to train their bodies past what normal means allow them to. With this your body will be stronger than you ever thought it could be.........Another thing is that using your energies, as the Angles taught you, will have far less strain on your body and allow you to continue fighting for much long and by far much stronger".

As their session began with Wind Boxing Salvatore was beginning to feel strain he had only ever felt under his Master Yamamoto. "How does the enchantment work? Why haven't the Angles discovered such a thing?"

"Ha! I wouldn't be surprised if they had a similar method and were keeping it only for their highest ranking warriors". 'They do' Salvatore thought to himself. 'The God Chamber where he was told God himself goes to spend great lengths of time in solitude'. "Now to answer your question, from what I have been told, none know what magnificent design the creator of this enchantment must of had in order to create such a wonder but what I was taught is that it in fact fools your body into functioning as though it had little to no nourishment both physically and spiritually thus the body strains and adapts over time to work at it's maximum potential with the most minimal amount of nourishment. The end result is a vessel for the mind and soul which has adapted to functional better than normal with less so when the enchantment is lifted you are giving that vessel access to an excess of nourishment and energies which in combat terms will allow you to strike an opponent with minimal effort yet the power behind it shall be great!"

At the end of Distruttore's expatriation Salvatore had moved from Wind Boxing to exercises and was now assaulting the 'Punch Bag' as his mentor called it. All that his mentor said was true, as his body became accustom to the strain he soon found that it took much less effort to perform a technique or send the bag swinging. "Just like water..."

A ruby flash blinded Distruttore but as quickly as it came it was gone and before him was Salvatore standing before him and staring at the Punch Bag which had been ripped from the ceiling and sent flying across the room. The Demon could only stare at the Arch Angel is disbelief. "What did you do? The chain holding that bag up was Hellforged! I told you not to use your energies they can be traced by the higher Demons!"

It was after his outburst that Distruttore felt a dark energy encompass not just the room but himself as well. It was Salvatore.........he was simply spewing forth Demonic Energy though it appeared as a black mist surrounding Salvatore like a tormentor that would not leave, as though Salvatore's energy was coming from the deepest reaches of his heart, this torment was not just an emotion....It was a part of Salvatore.


Salvatore felt as though he was there again.......Back home with his mother and father. How he hated that place.

"He drunk all of our water again! Where is that little brat!"

"Calm down! Please! He doesn't know what he has done wrong, he was just thirsty!"

"Thirsty! It's hell on earth! Fucking monsters, killing everyone they see, and I have to go out there to provide for us and that useless brat!"

"Please ju-"SLAP!

"Where did you hide him!?"


Distruttore had taken his hypnotised student to the room Salvatore was staying in and led him down upon the bed. By this point the black mist thickened and was accompanied by the ruby glow of Salvatore's odd markings along with one eye which stared into the ceiling above, the combination made for a chilling sight, as though a great darkness within Salvatore was finally breaking through all of his barriers.

Distuttore was currently preparing Runes, chants and herbal incense which to burn. "Just hold on Salvatore".


His father had found him hiding. His mother had been beaten. His hear was being ragged.

"Get out!"

"Noooo! Mommy! Help! I don't want to go!"

"You eat all of our food and you drink all of our water! We are starving and thirsty because of you!"

"I'm sorry daddy! Ow! I won't eat any more I promise!"

It was at that moment that child was thrown out of his home and into the ash and dirt.

"You aren't my responsibility! You aren't my son! Get out of here and never come back!"

"But Dadd-"

His father pulled out a rusted pipe.

The boy turned and began to run away. He stumbled then ran. Then stumbled and ran. His tears stained the ashen landscape as he continued to run.


Distruttore had been burning herbs around Salvatore's trance like state and was painting Runes upon his body to ease a souls pain and guide him back to his body. It was at this moment the the Demon's daughter walked in and sat by Salvatore, she didn't feel fear when she saw the darkness coiling and seeping away from his body nor did the burning rage of the ruby light intimidate her. Her warm hand ran across his cheek.


The boy was a walking darkness. Even the shadows were defined against the abyssal black which followed his every step, making the torn world around him seem just that bit darker that it was only now unbearable to live in.

He fell forward. Face buried in ash. Hoping that one of the monsters would soon find him and end his life.

Rage, sorrow, loneliness and meaningless. This was all the boy could feel and see.

"If you cannot rise from the ashes of the old world how can you build anew?"

The voice was strong yet it was not harsh. Powerful but not overwhelming.

"You see this worst of this world don't you. Only now you see the darkness blacker than what it is. Open your heart to possibility and the light will find you".

The boy was too weak to move, too scared to look and too hopeless to consider to possibilities. Until he felt himself being lifted from the ground.


The darkness around Salvatore had dispersed and the ruby glow subsided. Distruttore stared at his daughter in disbelief.

She smiled at her father. "Kindness is the cure for a tortured soul".

He returned her smile.

Author's Note:

Glad to be back on my main project! Hopefully this chapter is well received as I put a good deal of thought into it :pinkiehappy:

Please leave a review and tell me what you all think!