• Published 1st Jan 2014
  • 941 Views, 12 Comments

What I Must Do - Saviour From The Dark



After the battle that determined the fate of Equestria, a cataclysmic event, Salvatore now embarks upon a new journey to find his master Yamamoto. To do this he has taken Distruttore's offer to decend into Hell and learn the Warriors path every

  • ...
4
 12
 941

Late Night Heroism

What I Must Do

Late Night Heroism



It was late, at least that's what he was told, Distruttore's daughter had still not returned from her ventures in the city. After saying goodnight Salvatore went to his bedroom where he genuinely attempted to rest alas he could not, so to aid his contemplation, the Archangel practised the River of Reflection form of the Angelic Internal Art style. His practice was less of a technical practice but more of a way to distract his physical body while he pondered upon the disappearance of Distruttore's daughter, it was true Salvatore had never even met her yet something disturbed him, the currently constant feeling was what he referred to as his instinct and he had yet to ignore it.

Salvatore took it upon himself to discover what Distruttore's daughter was up to if not bring her back, since he had not explored the city even once he would have to rely on his less natural senses. He returned to a neutral stance midway through the form and went over to his bed, his stark wings folding in preparation for what he was about to do. Reaching under his bed he pulled out the dirty grey robe that Distruttore gave him to conceal his identity, the robe was then wrapped around his torso and back to prevent his wings from sticking out before he used the remaining length to create a mask and hood.

He could feel his Demonic power as it became.......excited? Joyful even? The markings across his body dimly glowed with energy as Salvatore perched on the window ledge, a childish smirk spread behind the cloth mask. 'Back to adventuring already!'

With unnatural power and grace he lunged from his perch to the side of a building about twenty meters away, thankfully, he grew black claws to make climbing easy. Not that he couldn't of done it without them it's just that he preferred not to pierce solid stone with his fingers, he doesn't want to frighten the locals and draw more attention to himself. A flux of energy surged through the Archangel as his eyes became equal to that of tools that allow beings to gaze at the celestial heavens while his hearing became akin to a bat's, his training in the use of energy maipulation and physical enhancements was so far invaluable.

Suddenly the city was his play ground, no longer a titanic maze, every whisper he could hear and every rodent crawling in the dark could not hide from his all seeing eyes. Salvatore lunged again yet this time he continued in search for Distruttore's daughter, hopefully she would be somewhat easy to find in a city full of Demons who looked alike.

Thankfully the night allowed the silent hunter to leap over heads and rooftops without notice, not that he couldn't do so without the darkness it would only present a challenge for the Archangel at best. As the shadow pounced across the sleeping city of stone he could only detect those who protected their home, that of which were patrolling the city, as he traversed the tallest buildings and fell through cool skies to go wherever his instinct lead him the young man felt a freedom that he had not felt for many years. Not since..........

"Agh!"

Clutching his skull in pain as he fell onto a roof while his mind went through the sensation of being ripped in two, curling into a vulnerable ball and hoping that holding onto his head would erase the pain. It felt as though something buried within his mind was trying to fight its way out, as though it had always been there yet he could not recall, it was almost like being unable to place a name to the face of a loved one.

In an instant. The pain stopped, somehow this left a numbness in the absence of said pain. 'Are you okay?'

The voice within Salvatore's head sounded concerned, a first for the human. As he stood slowly, shaking along the way, his reply was processed slowly. 'Fine....I-What was that? It felt like I was remembering something that-that I don't remember'.

A "Hmmm" of contemplation echoed throughout his mind. 'This is certainly something we have not encountered.......I do not recall you having amnesia either, I will investigate further, you continue your own investigation'

Pushing his current concern and the "disruption" to his investigation to one side Salvatore lunged to a nearby ledge and hung from one arm while observing his surroundings, at the height he was at the thin and narrow streets were nothing but thin serpents slithering through the tight passageways of the stone maze which was the city.

"Leave me alone!" The clop of Demon hooves echoed down an empty alleyway which was closely followed by a stampede of Demons, there was no way Salvatore could ignore it neither would be ignore it.


"What do we have here......Not only is she a whore....BUT A THIEF!"

CRASH!

A small and petite Demoness narrowly avoided a punch which crashed through the stone where her head had just been, thankfully it wasn't her brain littering the alleyway. Her attacker was a tall and bulky Demon, not that she could win anyway, especially when his cronies hung behind him with sick grins spread across their ugly features. The Demoness was cornered with her back to the wall as her attackers closed in, their hands twitching in anticipation.

"All I did was take my share of the money! You promised me half of the money and didn't say anything about doing you a "favour!". Her last word was spat with a dark venom, although it seemed to only annoy her assailants.

"You do what I say....." The leader of the gang came too close for comfort and tightly grasped her throat before lifting her off the ground, she choked as he did so. "Or you die.......

What happened next was unclear to the Demoness as a loud crash to her side deafened her before the tight grip around her throat released her and she fell to the hard floor......


"Are you okay?" A voice of soothing harmony flooded her mind while a warm caress graced her cheek. "You took quite a nasty fall there, didn't you, I guess I will have to take responsibility for you".

Meanwhile, Salvatore was crouched over the unconscious Demoness whilst among other unconscious Demons who were in much worse condition than her. 'They did have it coming' the Archangel justified to himself, who ever said it was wrong to save a soul from harm. Content with the knowledge that he remained undiscovered, Salvatore slung the Demoness over his shoulder as if she was nought but a feather.

He looked around to see if any had discovered him yet and since he had not been attacked or heard any screaming he leapt from the alleyway, the dirt beneath sinking a foot deeper due to the sheer force. Although one would think carrying someone and free climbing a building would be difficult even with claws which pierced stone however Salvatore's pure physical being was handling the task, all that aided him were the claws and using energy to leap vast distances. She shifted a few times as they soared from wall to wall and rooftop to rooftop but he just put it down to all the movement, but who knows he wasn't always right.

The moment Salvatore gracefully pounced through the window and into his current room he gently placed the Demoness on the bed resting her head on the pillow, he treated her as though she was a frail blossom which seemingly ended up in his hands by chance. While he removed his disguise Salvatore also kept watch on his resting damsel in distress as he tucked the highly useful cloak under his bed, right where he kept his swords, however as he did so a pair of bright orange eyes fluttered open......

As Salvatore finally stood back up he felt as though someone was watching him, watching was a very subtle word for it. The Archangel turned to see a very concious yet also extremely cautious Demoness upon his bed, not that he could blame her for being such, as they silently watched one another he quickly took note of her appearance. Flowing ebony fair which fell well past her waist line, if she had been standing, the long yet thin horns which protruded from her temples created a natural parting for the onyx silk while her orange eyes held a deep glow as though a warming fire burned within. Like other Demons of this particular domain, she had a deep red skin and hooves with black fur ending at where her knees would be, something felt familiar about her despite the fact Salvatore had never even met her before tonight.

"Are you okay?"

Those warm eyes darted to his eyes as his voice apparently shocked her, not the deep yet gentle tone but his question in general. Suddenly he clutched his chest in agony while his markings flared, illuminating the room in a ruby glow, all the Demoness could do was watch while not knowing where to place herself. A few moments of agony passed before the ruby markings faded back to a dull crimson yet the demoness noticed his red eye remain vibrant before it too was extinguished, as one hand remained firmly upon his chest the other covered his red eye, then something unexpected happened.

Salvatore felt the soft comfort of a bed beneath him after the gentle hands of the Demoness guided him to his place of rest, not that he was in any condition to do otherwise currently. A soft voice asked him......."Are you okay?"


CRACK!

"DAMMIT!"

A young boy stood alone with nothing but what little remained of a house, the blood from his outburst marking it. While he held the injured hand to his chest the boys tears streamed faster than what they did previously, due to the pain yet not all of his pain was the stinging agony of his right hand. It had been like this for a few hours now, ever since he had run away, running away from Yamamoto in an angry sorrow.

His Master was discussing why Salvatore wanted to fight, asking him what was his reasons and what emotions would allow him to kill Demons, the reason was something he could not explain yet all he knew was that he hated himself more than those Demons.........

"I hate...." CRACK!

"Everything!"

CRACK!

CRACK!

CRACK!CRACK!CRACK!CRACK!CRACK!CRACK!CRACK!CRACK!CRACK!CRACK!CRACK!!CRACK!CRACK!CRACK!CRACK!CRACK!CRACK!CRACK!CRACK!CRACK!

What had once been a faint smudge of the boy's blood had become a physical representation of rage, despair and utter helplessness. Even when flesh left bone he did not relent...........That was until a gentle touch grasped the boys wrist as he prepared another strike, this touch restricted but did not threaten to harm him. The boy looked up to see his master through wet eyes which still released all the emotion within his soul, sapped of all it's strength and fire.

"Boy, my dear student, if you are to ever doubt yourself, your abilities or even your very purpose. Then all you must do is accept the truth".

The old man placed his open hand not an inch away from the solid wall coated in blood. "Once you accept the reality of things, that what is will always hold more importance over what should be".

A mighty blast decimated the wall, sending shattered concrete into the distance. All that remained was the fist of Yamamoto which he had moved by only an inch, the boy gaped in awe. "All crumbles before truth, even mountains must fall back to the earth, and rain must eventually become one with the earth again. As long as you are truthful to yourself, accept what simply is, then you can part the heavens by your will alone".

The boy nodded with a fire in his soul which would burn through the blackest nights. He then took the open hand of the old man, which had saved his young soul.

Author's Note:

It is finally here guys! So sorry for making you all wait this long so I hope the wait has been worth it, especially when it has taken this long. As long as you all enjoy this fic then I shall create more!

Well I do have plenty more story than this so it should go on for a loooooong tiiiiime! See ya'll next time and don't forget to comment and tell me what you think!

Ciao!